Boat Cover

Huntfish24

Where is a good place to get a travel boat cover that will fit over a trolling motor? I have ordered 2 online and both companies stated that they would fit over the trolling motor but they didn't. Thanks

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had mine made at river city sports in Bismarck. Fit like a glove and very sturdy.

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
Brian Zins in Bismarck makes custom boat tarps how ever you want them. I had him make one quite a few years ago and for what you got his prices were excellent. Everytime I ever ordered a tarp or even bought the ones the have down at Scheels they last about a year and then turn to crap. The custom tarps at the time were well over a grand. Not sure what they are now. But Zins was in the $600 dollar range for my boat. I’m sure since then his prices adjusted. The tarp was very heavy duty and fit great. I ended up selling it with the boat. I’ll see if I can find his info

Slappy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Custom Canvas 701-400-0270 works out of his shop on east side of Bismarck. Did a great job on some waverunners seats for me.

Outlaw Tarps 701-202-6385 is in a shop condo in Lakewood (Mandan). Very busy and heard good things.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
TRS if you're in the Eastern part of the state.

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Had mine done at Outlaw Tarps in Mandan and Justin is a great guy. He is busy, but if you can wait, he does great work. I like his belief that a properly made travel tarp doesn't need bungie cords...my tarp has a single velcro strap on each side. FYI he is also an authorized repair center for Access covers. Bring in your cover and he replaces the Velcro for like $75.

I spoke with him recently because I need to get my tarp modified because of some changes I made, he is in the process of moving to a new shop this week.

Traxion

Founding Member
Founding Member
What's the going rate for a custom cover up there? I'm in SD and am getting quotes around $1200. I was expecting 800-1000 so was a bit surprised by that.

This was the most recent boat cover thread I could find! So bringing it back!

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Queen city upholstery here in the Queen city has made 2 for me, get about 7-9 years out of them, and my boat mostly resides outside year round. He charges a fair price, believe the one I had made last spring was in the $1,200 range.

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm about due for a new cover for my Ranger as well. Anyone have experience with Finest Auto Trim in GF? I've had them work on a couple other projects for me and was very happy but have not heard of anyone getting a boat cover made there.

Zogman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm about due for a new cover for my Ranger as well. Anyone have experience with Finest Auto Trim in GF? I've had them work on a couple other projects for me and was very happy but have not heard of anyone getting a boat cover made there.
Yes, four of us from GF at the Angle. And all have been very satisfied. As of recent they are already getting booked for next season. You have to leave the boat there. And be sure to pick your material out. Always a great job!

FinFighter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I agree with SUM1, Brian Zins's boat covers are one of the best you can get around here. He will fit them like a glove custom to any boat type. They fit so snug that you can easily travel without removal. I have had the same cover for over 10 years only having to replace the tiedown straps once. The covers are very durable.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 167
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76