Weed Control. CRAZY town.

Zogman

Founding Member
Founding Member
No laughing please. LOL
Both our townhome complex and our church parking lot have flat spreading weeds growing out of the joints. I made a very strong mix of roundup (2X) and it didn't do much.

So I am planning a new attack. Diesel fuel in the yard sprayer and come behind with a torch that attaches to a 20 lb propane tank. Crazy, dangerous or may work??? Any and all comments appreciated.

MULEDEER

Established Member
How long since you sprayed. Round up takes awhile to work. If it is a broadleaf weed dicamba will take care of it faster than round up. If you do use diesel fuel no need for the torch. The diesel will kill the weed but you have a diesel smell and mess on the concrete.

sierra1995

Founding Member
Founding Member
Try a product called Strike III. It has 2,4-D, Mecoprop-P and Dicamba. It works great.

wjschmaltz

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Do 50/50 vinegar and water and spray them when there are at least 3 days of clear skies in the forecast. Come back in a week with the weed burner and they will fire right up. That's how I handle all my stuff.

You are opening yourself up to some serious legal liability by going the diesel route. Especially at a place where people live and a church. It's against the law basically anywhere to knowingly release a hazardous substance to the environment. Your estate could potentially be on the hook for years after you're gone if anything were to come up that could be traced back to you spraying diesel across the property.

garden

Founding Member
Founding Member
FYI To apply pesticides (herbicides, insecticides or fungicides) anywhere but on your own property, you must be a trained and certified Commercial Pesticide Applicator. State law. Could be a liability night mare. Keep this in mind.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
As Muledeer stated give round time at least a week to show its effect on weeds but it will kill. Sprayed our church lot about one month ago and weeds are now finally all gone. It does kill without a stronger dose.
In the old days i sprayed gasoline out of a sprayer and in short order the weeds are dead.

However, life is full of risk as has been stated. Just go and do not look back. It will usually work but if it does not i did not say, seen or heard nothing. db

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I hate being so uneducated that i need to always look up words to see what they mean and then still do not know what the word means after looking it up. db

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
It sounds like Purslane.

Just tell your vegetarian friends it's a popular salad ingredient, then let them know where they can get it.

Seriously, it's edible. Granted, I've never tried it...but I do know people who have.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I just use the torch. Put 20# tank in wagon and just roll along and flame them. LB

Auggie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Did you mix AMS with the roundup? AMS really helps glyphosate, but will still take a week or so to impact the weeds.

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Get the total vegetation shit end of store good for one year, what you put it on dies, my cousin is a chemical rep:)

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Put down a sterilization product. Never have to worry about for a couple of years or more.

garden

Founding Member
Founding Member
Most of the ground sterilizer products move readily with water. Run off and leaching can impact non-target plants as well. I have seen some real sad situations where trees and lawns were killed.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 105
  • This month: 99
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 63
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 56
  • This month: 56
  • This month: 55