Christensen Arms

Deerhntr71

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anybody have any experience?
I keep reading on the internet about quality control issues.
Then others say the are very accurate.

Callem'In

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yes. 6.5PRC Ridgeline and 7mm Mesa. Both shoot lights out. I also have a ranger that makes a better fence post than rifle. Biggest POS and horrible customer service. Sent in multiple times and comes back no better.

I would also mention I'm thinking of buying another Mesa in a 300PRC.

Last edited:

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
If spending that kinda money I’m having a real smith build me one

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
If spending that kinda money I’m having a real smith build me one

In the days of $300-$350 used Remington rifles laying everywhere I’d have agreed. Anymore, you’re going to be $300-$500 (or more) higher having the “same” rifle built, and far less re-sale unless you use a “well known” smith, which again, you’re going to pay a significant premium for.

Whisky

Founding Member
Founding Member
The Mesa would be about the only model I'd consider. The Mesa is "cheap enough" where if I wanted that style/model, I'd buy it... I wanted a Ridgeline for a while, but read just enough negative to hold back, and I wanted a different stock. Finally said F it, and built a custom.

That said, I know multiple people who are happy with their Ridgelines, and one who is quite happy with his Mesa.

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
When they first came out no so good kinda hit miss now like all gun markers. I have the Traverse fits me nice and shoots MOA will give it to my son we both need high cheek stock. I have better stuff for the longer range shots.

bucksnbears

Founding Member
Founding Member
Very happy those days are over with.
Hell, the best "factory" accuracy wise I ever bought was a Steven's 22_250.
Thinking it was 199.00$ out the door?

SLE

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I considered a Christensen Arms on my last build but there were just too many questionable reviews laying out there for me to drop $2-3k on one. I was after a lightweight long range build that I could source highly accurate factory ammo (I just don't have the time or desire to reload). I ended up with a Fierce Firearms Carbon CT in a 6.5 PRC. The biggest complaint I was able to find with fierce was on the customer service side but very few related to performance issues.

I did spend more $$ than the comparable CA and was very hesitant and a bit skeptical with it after ordering but after a few years of ownership I have been nothing but impressed as have a few of my buddies that have had the opportunity to shoot it. It's light weight, the action is smooth as butter, it's light, low recoil, and shoots fantastic (.3 MOA with 11 fps SD using factory Horinday 147 ELDMs). Thus far, this gun is far and way my favorite gun in my arsenal right now. I do have one complaint which is with the muzzle brake that's on it. It came with a radial brake which is highly effective at reducing recoil however for a long range gun that I am often times shooting in the prone position, brakes that are downward facing blow dirt, dust, rocks, and you name it back at you. The only reason I haven't changed it is I know I'll have to re-chrono it and dial it back in with a different brake. Not sure this helps but I would expect the Fierce to be almost a direct competitor to CA.

Side note, I believe that the fierce and CA are more similar in price now than when I purchased mine a few years ago. at that time the fierce definitely more dollars all things being equal.

Maybe the bigger question is what is your plan for optics, rings, bi-pod, etc. Those components are going to mean as much or more than the gun. Does little good to have a 1/2 MOA gun when the other pieces don't measure up. I'm running a Nightforce NX8 4-32x50 with Nightforce rings. great scope but feel it lacks a little in low light conditions however better than anything else in the safe, so hard to throw shade at it, lol.

Last edited:

Jiffy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Been contemplating a Fierce for sometime now....may have to scratch that itch soon.

I too was entertaining the CA route at one point.

From what I've found, read, heard...ect. Fierce or die in that comparison.

Last edited:

1lessdog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
In the days of $300-$350 used Remington rifles laying everywhere I’d have agreed. Anymore, you’re going to be $300-$500 (or more) higher having the “same” rifle built, and far less re-sale unless you use a “well known” smith, which again, you’re going to pay a significant premium for.

I will take a machinist to build a rifle than a gunsmith any day. I have had a 22-250AI. 22-6MM AI. 6MM AI, 6MM BRX, 260 AI. 6.5 X 284. All built by two different machinist. They printed the 700 action. Threaded and chambered all shoot under.500 or better.

Buy a 500.00 Remington 700 action, a 350.00 barrel and pay 300.00 to thread and chamber. Either tune the 700 trigger or get after market trigger. And a good stock and your set to go.

Last edited:

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I will take a machinist to build a rifle than a gunsmith any day. I have had a 22-250AI. 22-6MM AI. 6MM AI, 6MM BRX, 260 AI. 6.5 X 284. All built by two different machinist. They printed the 700 action. Threaded and chambered all shoot under.500 or better.

Buy a 500.00 Remington 700 action, a 350.00 barrel and pay 300.00 to thread and chamber. Either tune the 700 trigger or get after market trigger. And a good stock and your set to go.

So you’re $1400-$1800 (or more potentially) into the build depending upon what stock you choose, and depending upon if you need someone to bed it or if you’re capable of doing it yourself.

1lessdog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
So you’re $1400-$1800 (or more potentially) into the build depending upon what stock you choose, and depending upon if you need someone to bed it or if you’re capable of doing it yourself.

Yes and you can choose any caliber that you want. And not what ever generic caliber there selling.

1lessdog

★★★★★ Legendary Member

With all the you tube videos out there it's pretty easy to bed a stock.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 105
  • This month: 99
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 63
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 56
  • This month: 56
  • This month: 55