johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Haha.
They will, like a professor talking to a 101 class

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just for the record, I'm also a muskie fan. I want pure strain in Audobon and the tailrace. I also believe a few pure strain striped bass would add even more variety and mystique. Anyone who disagrees with me is a communist homosexual.

Ristorapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have no interest on the lake; no desire to fish it; used to fish it; may fish it but its an extra turn that i dont need to make -- my days in ND exceed MN; i fish MN for bass; pelican lake ND has 1000X times more walleye then pelican MN, the list could go on and on. add to that i dont like zebra mussels and foam beat up from a million jet skis and traffic from pontoons and zebra mussel holding moombas.

But my question is where is the DNR's report how many walleye a 50" MUSKIE eats in a year. Produce the report. In addition where is Greg Power's stance on stocking musky to the big three of ND. I would like to see that too.

No offense maniac -- but you know my stance on private funds stocking walleyes vs public funds to stock musky. IMO you stock both or none with regards to public funds (fishing license revenues)

insert MUSKIE for ya!

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
#muskylivesmatter
#populationdensities
#youareanidiotcomparedtomuskyfisherman
#muskieseatrainbowsandpoopsherbert
#myfishisbetterthanyourfish

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
to whoever just negative rep'd me - maybe you are right, maybe I was being arrogant :;:huh

I'm not against muskie fishing generally - I just feel that muskies can and do have negative consequences for some people in some situations (there are no absolutes)

I find that Mr. Maniac and I actually have lots of things in common and I enjoy his posts, his muskie pics, etc. Hopefully Mr. Maniac will not hold a grudge regarding our mini-beef. :;:howdy

Tommyboy

Founding Member
Founding Member
to whoever just negative rep'd me - maybe you are right, maybe I was being arrogant :;:huh

I'm not against muskie fishing generally - I just feel that muskies can and do have negative consequences for some people in some situations (there are no absolutes)

I find that Mr. Maniac and I actually have lots of things in common and I enjoy his posts, his muskie pics, etc. Hopefully Mr. Maniac will not hold a grudge regarding our mini-beef. :;:howdy

I highly doubt MM would have given you bad rep. He is good for a heated debate, but not bad rep.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I did not suspect it was MM. I have no idea who it was. Nothing wrong with constructive criticism anyway... I'm not upset about it.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member

Oh boy, I am surprised I didn't get negative rep for hash tag off color joke then. I try not to take the internet too seriously anymore.

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
I thought this post was going to die. Guess not, so I will say one more thing regarding population densities, because it is the major factor regarding why catch-and-release is so important. Remember, you can keep a muskie in Minnesota, it just has to be at least 54 inches. Not many muskie fishermen seem to have a problem with the size restriction, it's the people who don't even fish for them that raise all the stink. Now why is that? I think many assume there are thousands and thousands of muskie swimming around eating everything in sight, and it's just not true.

A recent study of Lake Bemidji revealed there are between 500-600 adult muskie in the lake. This lake is approximately 6500 acres, with 1800 littoral acres. That puts muskie density at 1 fish per 100 acres, or 1 fish per 3 littoral acres. Now if a 50 inch fish is around 18 years old and you had someone keep a muskie a day during the summer months, you can see how a population could be severely impacted in just a few years.

Keep in mind that Minnesota DNR's muskie management plan is based on creating a trophy fishery, and so far they are doing an excellent job. Lots of other states are looking at Minnesota's management because of the success they've had in creating a population of large fish. They are still learning on the fly, however, so there probably will be some bumps in the road.

Hardcore muskie fishermen are just like any other fishermen, but it seems we get a bad rap. I can tell you it does get old having to defend what you like to do all the time, whether on internet forums, on the water, or at boat the ramps when people tell you how a muskie stole their perch they were reeling up, or that muskies are eating all their walleye, or that they slit the gills of any muskie they incidentally catch.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
You guys realize I get ghosted bad reps all the time it comes with the territory with people who don't like what I have to say because I am not on their ignore list. I would rather keep this site civil which V has made out to be keeping some members from getting out of line. Guywhoiscoolasacucumber for someone who could care less about the rep system, what is your point you are making other than giving the repper his gratification of acknowledgment.

Mushkies are territorial usually meaning the only time they converge is during mating. There are some big muskies in dl, Sallie, mellisa, or etc. It has not hurt the production of pan fish in any way. I have been spearing by the dl bridge and have seen walleye northern and muskies all swimming in the same area. Anybody that has fished those lake would concur that it looks like perch stacked on top of each other. I would hope that muskies would help keep garbage fish in check.

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member

Mr. Maniac....that sounds funny. I believe we have a lot in common as well. No grudges.

Oh boy, I am surprised I didn't get negative rep for hash tag off color joke then. I try not to take the internet too seriously anymore.

I thought it was a good list. #populationdensityiskeyhowever

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
9c4nL4ncE.gif

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
lunker - my point in mentioning it was that I wanted to openly recognize my approach was could have been overly aggressive in some sense

I could have done a better job of arguing my points without calling MM arrogant which stuck in MM's craw just like his "laughable" stuck in mine

I seek to be able to have honest debates about stuff we all don't agree on without it turning into a bash event - so openly recognizing the criticism seemed the right thing to do

I couldn't care less about illogical ###hole undeserved rep bashing

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member

I made a joke on a thread someone was looking for help, and I was being funny. He negative rep'd me and stated that this is a serious fishing thread, and me and the rest of the jokers on this site are ruining everything with our stupid non helpful posts, turning this site into another FBO.

Sometimes a guy gets sensitive like a chick I guess.

MM maybe don't defend your fishing for mushky's, you don't need too. If some clown doesn't like your passion for the sport, just let him. No one has to like what you do, or like doing what you do. Its like deer hunting, and some people not liking it "you shoot bambi" type of crap, I don't argue with them, in fact I agree with them in a sarcastic manor, like "yup bambi is dead, and hanging in my garage"

You like to fish for and catch musky, that is awesome, don't think for a minute you need to defend that. Everyone else can kiss your butt if they don't like it.

#muskylivesmatter :;:rockit

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
lunker - my point in mentioning it was that I wanted to openly recognize my approach was could have been overly aggressive in some sense

I could have done a better job of arguing my points without calling MM arrogant which stuck in MM's craw just like his "laughable" stuck in mine

Yes Vollmer has made a fine site for us to debate everything which awesome. I bet V's back is black and blue from getting patted on the back or his head is so big he has to buy shirts with bigger hole for him to get his head through.:;:

Also how can a person "sure" somebody else :;:huh

Last edited:

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
I made a joke on a thread someone was looking for help, and I was being funny. He negative rep'd me and stated that this is a serious fishing thread, and me and the rest of the jokers on this site are ruining everything with our stupid non helpful posts, turning this site into another FBO.

Sometimes a guy gets sensitive like a chick I guess.

MM maybe don't defend your fishing for mushky's, you don't need too. If some clown doesn't like your passion for the sport, just let him. No one has to like what you do, or like doing what you do. Its like deer hunting, and some people not liking it "you shoot bambi" type of crap, I don't argue with them, in fact I agree with them in a sarcastic manor, like "yup bambi is dead, and hanging in my garage"

You like to fish for and catch musky, that is awesome, don't think for a minute you need to defend that. Everyone else can kiss your butt if they don't like it.

#muskylivesmatter :;:rockit

Good advice for sure, johnr. Easier said than done for me, though. :;:cheers

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 104
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82