Cold weather layering system-What do you all use?

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Have you ever sat on a stand all day when its below zero and the winds blowing with that stuff on?
I have, last time I tried it was 2 years ago up near slave lake Alberta on a wolf hunt. After 4-5 hours the bag came out, no way in hell I could have sat.. hell lived those days without the bag system. Most mornings started out at -30 - -40F warmed up to about -20.
It's like the folks that talk up the arctic pro muck boots, you want to lose your toes wear those things up north on stand all day.
I could care less what I look like as long as I'm warm and thinking about hunting and not how cold or uncomfortable I am.
Dont get me wrong either I think Sitka makes great stuff.
It's just that theres cold and then theres cold I guess.
I like warm.:;:cheers

no I would rather quit hunting if I had to sit in a stand all day. I have sat for a few hours and know guys who have hunted musk ox with either the blizzard or incinerator set. The bags would be ideal for a all day no moving sit not my cup of tea though

Founding Member
Founding Member
I get what your saying kurt.

The guy asked "I am asking for those cold Nov. and Dec bow hunting days. What do you guys you to keep warm for an extended sit? I'm talking anything from 20* to below 0 temps."

That's why I recommended what I did for sitting long periods of time in the cold.

Founding Member
Founding Member
Cabelas infernos a size larger for a couple good socks. Also use boot blankets with heat packs in them with no boots on keep your feet really toasty.

H82bogey

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ironically would answer this question very different for myself, even though I was the original OP. I took the time to invest in some quality sitka and kuiu gear. The Kuiu products are the best I have ever wore for layering in the cold. From sitting for hours to active hunts, this stuff is just incredible. The price tag is nuts, so I just buy a piece at a time, but man is it good.

Iceman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Don’t forget skre gear same stuff as kuiu but the guy was a founder with Sitka. Half price

dgully

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ironically would answer this question very different for myself, even though I was the original OP. I took the time to invest in some quality sitka and kuiu gear. The Kuiu products are the best I have ever wore for layering in the cold. From sitting for hours to active hunts, this stuff is just incredible. The price tag is nuts, so I just buy a piece at a time, but man is it good.
Agree with Kuiu, great but Cost. I did as you did, bought a layer at a time. No complaints

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74