Ice fishing by December?

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
Press Headline.jpg
Made it out this morning, small body, no current , no springs, in the hills N central. Was 4" 30 yards from shore, 2 man limit in an hour jigging, the old man wasn't putting his 25" back, what do ya do lol

fantastic!

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
I walked a few feet out on a small body of water this am. It cracked a bit, but felt sturdy. My little chipper bar went through with a couple whacks. It was about 1.5 inches. I will be waiting a few days.

f7_2003_97x

Founding Member
Founding Member
image.jpgVollmer. 2.5 inches on the hog......birds have a few holes open in the middle

Last edited:

WLYHNTR

Founding Member
Founding Member
I heard there's huge walleyes in Buffalo Lodge, everyone should go there. :;:stirthepot

Lostlunker

Founding Member
Founding Member
Crown Butte looked completely iced over but not very thick. Through a rock in from the boat ramp and broke right through so there maybe is an inch tops. Seen a few other rocks sitting on the ice so I wasn't the only one checking :D

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Fell through the ice while pheasant hunting today. The water was cold, wet, and uncomfortable in the one boot that got dunked.........then it froze. I'll be waiting until after pheasant season to chase perch.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Captureahab3.JPGVollmer. 2.5 inches on the hog......birds have a few holes open in the middle
Did you send your daughter out to do this? I asked this question because, I've seen you and 2.5 inches might not hold you!! ;:;rofl :;:smokin

Fisherman25

Founding Member
Founding Member
Over the long weekend I'll be going for sure. By the 1st of Dec we'll have fish houses on Audobon. Unless some unforeseen heat wave hits after the weekend, that is my prediction. Generally I take the fish houses out with the wheeler Thanksgiving weekend. It's possible, but doubtful this year. Maybe on a small lake.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Over the long weekend I'll be going for sure. By the 1st of Dec we'll have fish houses on Audobon. Unless some unforeseen heat wave hits after the weekend, that is my prediction. Generally I take the fish houses out with the wheeler Thanksgiving weekend. It's possible, but doubtful this year. Maybe on a small lake.

That would be impressive unless they have pontoons on them since the lake is pretty much wide open! Hell a large number of the popular ice fishing spots in south central ND are either open or have large large percentage of themselves open. Here is the view of them as of Sunday. Of the ones that appear open in this shot that I've ground truthed only Heckers was froze up and it was clearly vary new ice compared to most of the others in the area.Screenshot_2015-11-23-20-12-09.jpg

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
The foreçast for December is pretty much just like November. Most likely you better get the boat ready. Two words.

El Nino.

If you haven't noticed already the temps are very mild and dry.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 135
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 106
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 85
  • This month: 75