Curse of Oak Island

NodakBuckeye

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anybody follow this one? As usual could do without the idiot narrator but overall, I find the show pretty entertaining and interesting.

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think is the second year, I watched it last year but haven't seen this years yet. pretty interesting stuff.

MSA

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think theyll find bigfoot on ghost hunters before they pull anything neat outa that hole

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
I read about it years ago and thought it was neat. I get the feeling if something is found a spoiler will make the news but I watch anyway. Treasure aside I would love to have an island of my own.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
I laugh about how they think there is elaborate sea water backfill traps and the thought they buried this treasure so friggin deep way back then. Yet they have a hard time getting even close with modern equipment. I am sure a rum soaked pirate with archaic tools just whipped that out on his lunch break. I find their theories to be ridiculous at best.

- - - Updated - - -

Full disclosure: I still watch the crap as I always thought treasure hunting was neat.

NodakBuckeye

Founding Member
Founding Member
Would be nice if they would figure something out but then there goes the show. I find the idea of something there plausible, but remote. Much of the stuff they are doing now should have been done last year. I wouldn't mind having the cabbage it must be costing them to entertain me.

- - - Updated - - -

I have built many in my day. Didn't mess with limestone. Pure aluminum.

Reminds me of "Sixteen Candles" when Anthony Michael Hall and his 2 buddies knock over the pyramid at the party.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
16 candles has been deemed racist, sexist, and a rape 101 video by the liberal PC police.

Colonel Angus

Founding Member
Founding Member
They might actually find something if they would get out of the bar and stop talking about finding something. Every time I watch this show I am hopeful, and then at the end I realize I won't get that hour of my life back.....every fricken time!

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
They might actually find something if they would get out of the bar and stop talking about finding something. Every time I watch this show I am hopeful, and then at the end I realize I won't get that hour of my life back.....every fricken time!

Ha ha, they do seem to booze a plenty. Maybe they should shoot "Oak Island After Hours" showing them swilling booze and chasing the women of Nova Scotia. Might be more interesting.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ha ha, they do seem to booze a plenty. Maybe they should shoot "Oak Island After Hours" showing them swilling booze and chasing the women of Nova Scotia. Might be more interesting.

the women of Nova Scotia are a hardy breed, they likely do the chasing, and when they catch one they bob 'em.

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
Halfway through the season finale. Not looking good. Kinda wished I had never read about that place years ago. Still I'd have a good time with a summer home on that place.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
They aren't going to find didly on that island. I can feel it.

I concur. Too bad. A friend of mine has an uncle who retired to Florida. All he does is study maps and history and wanders around with a metal detector. However, the tide is always washing in new stuff. The guy has a not-so-small fortune in modern and ancient trinkets that have washed ashore. I'd like to do the same thing but identify anthropological sites in ND.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 162
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76