Founding Member
Founding Member
image.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Butt hurt butter. Hehehe

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Only 6 of the 14 allotted were taken this year anyway in the early season. No reason the houndsmen can't take their additional seven. It's not hurting anything.

Keep in mind the number of deer hunters out west is a fraction of what it used to be. If the amount of hunters in the field were what they were a few years back all 14 probably could have been taken during deer season ( if the season was not split because the whining of the hound hunters )

Crankn

Founding Member
Founding Member
I agree with Captian Ahab.It would be good business for the guys with dogs. If I had a tag I would look for a guide. I vote leave it the way it is.

pitchnjigs

Founding Member
Founding Member
Tucker wants it to go to lottery, it would take the guys with the hounds out of the game. Let me ask everyone on here is it illegal to guide on national grasslands? If this is correct do you think your going to call the guys up with hounds and say hey can you take me out mountain lion hunting for free!! The guys with the dogs would be out of luck which makes no sense at all. If you have extra lions after the first season let them carry over to the late season. Another question what do the deer, elk, and bighorn sheep biologists think of the over population of mountain lions? They say the sheep got a disease or did they get eaten by the mountain lions? Mountain lions are proven to eat deer and lots of them I would bet a dollar they take out a few sheep as well.This lady will not tell us the truth about the population she is trying to protect the mountain lion period! No mountain lions = no job for mrs. Tucker!!!!! Maybe she would have to apply to become the new wolf biologist.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Tucker wants it to go to lottery, it would take the guys with the hounds out of the game. Let me ask everyone on here is it illegal to guide on national grasslands? If this is correct do you think your going to call the guys up with hounds and say hey can you take me out mountain lion hunting for free!! The guys with the dogs would be out of luck which makes no sense at all. If you have extra lions after the first season let them carry over to the late season. Another question what do the deer, elk, and bighorn sheep biologists think of the over population of mountain lions? They say the sheep got a disease or did they get eaten by the mountain lions? Mountain lions are proven to eat deer and lots of them I would bet a dollar they take out a few sheep as well.This lady will not tell us the truth about the population she is trying to protect the mountain lion period! No mountain lions = no job for mrs. Tucker!!!!! Maybe she would have to apply to become the new wolf biologist.

I might be illegal to guide on national grasslands but there is not law against renting out your dogs for a few hundred dollars:D

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Dog guys shoot more upland birds than do non-dog guys, maybe we oughta have some upland bird lotteries too.

DAMN!!!! The hard sciences USED to be about the advancement of knowledge and understanding of our world/universe and the critters contained therein. Anymore sciences are about the advancement of continued funding, conclusions be damned mostly because conclusions mean we'd have to find something else to study.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
As with the medical profession, there is NO MONEY IN THE CURE, in the same way "bought and paid for science" there is NO MONEY IN A CONCLUSION if it's not the conclusion that was paid for.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
hahaha!

To be fair, I seem to remember Steinwand accurately referring to the 'one-tag-per-year' idea as an "interesting social experiment" without any positive conservation impact, hence the reason they scrapped the idea. I think it will be the same with lions. They get a few whiners, consider alternatives, then politely tell the whiners they're going to leave it the way it is.
where he jumped the tracks is it has nothing to do with conservation. wtf was he thinking.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 156
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 79