NETFLIX making a murderer

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
12802699_1568033393524475_8275781123002099614_n.jpg

freiday31

Founding Member
Founding Member
He could have done it, but there are a lot of things that don't make sense. Her DNA shows up on the bullet and nothing else in the garage. No other blood or DNA in the garage. They even tore up the floor to test the cracks where blood could have run. Nothing. No DNA or blood evidence in the trailer. Key found after extensive searching in clear sight and has only his DNA on it. None of hers, but she has been using the key and key chain for 4 years? Why was her blood in the SUV if they killed her in the trailer, mangled her in the garage and burned her in the back yard, all in 6 hours time? How did two volunteers find the car in 15 minutes. How did Lenz not remember getting to the car at 2:30 when he initially testified 6:30. Why do none of the "witness" time frames line up. The cousin and the hunter had different times than the bus driver, who is the only reliable time source. Why was the vial of Avery's blood in the evidence room tampered with at some point? Just lots of things. Hard to believe that those things wouldn't lead to a reasonable doubt.

Colt45

Founding Member
Founding Member
He could have done it, but there are a lot of things that don't make sense. Her DNA shows up on the bullet and nothing else in the garage. No other blood or DNA in the garage. They even tore up the floor to test the cracks where blood could have run. Nothing. No DNA or blood evidence in the trailer. Key found after extensive searching in clear sight and has only his DNA on it. None of hers, but she has been using the key and key chain for 4 years? Why was her blood in the SUV if they killed her in the trailer, mangled her in the garage and burned her in the back yard, all in 6 hours time? How did two volunteers find the car in 15 minutes. How did Lenz not remember getting to the car at 2:30 when he initially testified 6:30. Why do none of the "witness" time frames line up. The cousin and the hunter had different times than the bus driver, who is the only reliable time source. Why was the vial of Avery's blood in the evidence room tampered with at some point? Just lots of things. Hard to believe that those things wouldn't lead to a reasonable doubt.

This is why I question if this a documentary or a made for TV show. I have finished watching it, the kid got completely screwed in my opinion. I just cant believe, with everything that happened and all the so called evidence, that there isn't at a minimum reasonable doubt. All the witnesses body language indicated to me that they were hiding something or lying. Everyone of them!
If this story is true, and 2 dudes are in prison for life based on what was shown on the documentary, and the documentary is accurate, then my opinion of the justice system has changed. I have always been pro cop, but after seeing this, its hard to think that way any longer. I just kept thinking, as I watched it, that if my kid was getting railroaded like Steve and Brendon, my blood would be boiling.

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Where was all the blood if they killed her in the trailer or the garage? How do they find just a bullet on the garage floor

I was about to ask the same question. Stabbed and tied to the bed, yet not a trace of her DNA in the trailer or bed, no marks on the wooden headboard. Not a single drop of blood or spray in the garage where the bullet was magically found at a later date there. Those who hunt know this is not possible....not to mention the IQ of the alleged perp doesn't lend itself to forensic cleanup. Pictures of the garage show it piled high with stuff, impossible to remove all trace evidence if it in fact happened there.

If you haven't seen the clip where they ask the deputy (who also happened to be key in the previous rape case) about him calling in the Rav 4 the day before it was found, watch it. I had chills watching his reaction and listening to him calling in the license plate - he was obviously sitting behind the vehicle when he made that call.

None of it adds up - even if Avery is a douche and an idiot. As for the Dassey kid, unbelievable the way they questioned him. "What did you do to her head" they ask...."Cut her hair?" says the kid. Wow.

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
So I'm supposed to believe that this guy who was probably going to be awarded millions from his lawsuit:

1. Rapes, tortures and kills this woman on his property.
2. Thoroughly cleans up every trace of evidence from the rape and torture scene so that none of her DNA is found anywhere in his trailer.
3. Cleans all of the evidence from the kill scene except for 1 .22 bullet.
4. Decides to leave her vehicle on his property with a bunch of blood evidence in the back while there is a car crusher available.
5. Decides to scatter her bone fragments in 3 locations again on his property.
6. Involves his nephew who has the IQ of a mouse.

Seriously? Come on people, sure it's possible, so is big foot!

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have Netflix and am afraid to watch it because I don't want to be confused/conflicted/upset like all my NDA cohorts.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Id like to know how the guys who interrogated that half-wit kid sleep at night...

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Judge overturns conviction of nephew in 'Making a Murderer

A judge on Friday overturned the conviction of a Wisconsin man found guilty of helping his uncle kill a woman in a case profiled in the Netflix documentary series "Making a Murderer," ruling that investigators coerced a confession using deceptive tactics.

U.S. Magistrate William Duffin in Milwaukee ordered Brendan Dassey freed within 90 days unless prosecutors decide to retry him. The state Department of Justice, which handled the case, declined to comment Friday. The state could also appeal Duffin's ruling.

Dassey's case burst into the public's consciousness with the popularity of the "Making a Murderer" series that debuted in December. The filmmakers cast doubt on the legal process used to convict Dassey and his uncle Steven Avery in the death of Teresa Halbach, and their work sparked national interest and conjecture. Authorities involved in the case have called the 10-hour series biased, while the filmmakers have stood by their work.
Dassey confessed to helping Avery carry out the rape and killing of Halbach, but his attorneys argued that his constitutional rights were violated throughout the investigation. Dassey didn't testify at his uncle's trial and his confession wasn't presented as evidence there. Both men are serving life sentences.

Duffin said in his ruling that investigators made false promises to Dassey by assuring him "he had nothing to worry about."

"These repeated false promises, when considered in conjunction with all relevant factors, most especially Dassey's age, intellectual deficits, and the absence of a supportive adult, rendered Dassey's confession involuntary under the Fifth and Fourteenth Amendments (of the U.S. Constitution)," Duffin wrote.

Dassey, who is now 26, was 16 when Halbach, a photographer, was killed in 2005 after she went to the Avery family auto salvage yard to take pictures of some vehicles. Court papers describe Dassey as a slow learner with poor grades, with difficulty understanding some aspects of language and expressing himself verbally. He was also described as extremely introverted and poor at picking up on communications such as body language and tone.

Dassey was convicted of first-degree intentional homicide, second-degree sexual assault, and mutilation of a corpse in Halbach's killing. Avery was tried and convicted separately in the homicide.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ion-overturned-making-murderer-case/88638252/

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
About half way through now. My money is on the ex boyfriend. I dont believe for a second that Avery did it.

Those cops are as crooked as it gets. My 2 cents.

NM 24

Founding Member
Founding Member
November 18, 2016
A federal appeals court Thursday blocked the release of Brendan Dassey, the teen whose confession became a subplot in Netflix's "Making a Murderer." Dassey will stay in prison pending the outcome of the appeal.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/17/us/making-murderer-court-blocks-brendan-dassey-release/

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
From what I saw, I dont think anyone who was convicted has the brains to pull a crime like that off as well as it was. NO BLOOD ANYWHERE? Seriously thats a feat, even for a skilled person. Key magically appearing for her car, yeah right. If they were black, Obama would have pardoned them already.

fly2cast

Founding Member
Founding Member
I only made it through the first half hour of the first episode and thought it was pretty dumb and fell asleep. I wouldn't believe a dam thing in those documentaries, they can spin and say whatever they want to and omit whatever they chose. Just look at that fat liberal guy- i forget his name- that makes all that crap. Anyway, maybe I'll try to give it another watch, but I guarantee there is more to the story than whatever the editors/producers of that show are telling.

I'm with you. I watched the first episode and it lost my attention. Not sure why so many people like it.

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
The victims brother was a strange character for sure.

Why Avery hid the vehicle instead of crushed it??? Judging by the Avery’s IQ it doesn’t surprise me that he didn’t crush it. I do believe Steve Avery killed he girl. As far as the Dassey kid, I don’t even know if he himself knows whether he had anything to do with it or not. I think he did go in there and sexually assault her while she was tied but probably had nothing to do with the killing. The key probably was a plant maybe the bullet. The no blood thing perplexed me for a while but if he hit her over the head with something there probably wasn’t much. That’s my take.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75