NETFLIX making a murderer

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
II don’t know if anyone has watched this documentary on Netflix, A sconi was found guilty of a crime where he said that he never committed now there are more than 300000+ signatures asking Obama to pardon this man for a crime supposedly was committed by the local PD.
It’s an interesting case of a small town man wrongfully convicted of rape back in the late 80s. Avery was eventually found innocent by DNA evidence and was determined to be another man who was convicted of rape and had lived in the area.
Avery was in the process of a civil lawsuit on wrongfully convicted for the amount of 36 million dollars but this gruesome murder of a lady who was working for autotrader.com. She was a photographer who had taken pictures of used cars that Avery had up for sale in the past.
I have started watching this documentary as well as news information from the last week or so. There have been a few jurors who have come forward stating that Avery was definitely not guilty by lack of credible evidence. Interesting

If Kratz's trial by media does not verify that there is something fundamentally wrong from the absolute beginning, nothing could. The same Kratz who spouted off about his law-abiding honor and years of incredibly "just" service, the same standards of honor that police officers are to be held to, who was then accused of sexual harassment, when he sent lewd text messages to a VICTIM of domestic violence (among others), the very type of victim that he was to be an advocate for. He thought he was above the law and there was more evidence in his case than there was in Steven Avery's. Why? Because Kratz did what he was accused of, denied it vehemently, at least, at first. He sure as hell didn't want to be tried in the media (Associated Press interview) but had no problem placing violent pictures in the minds of the good people of the area that witnessed the trial he held himself in the media, BEFORE Avery's trial in front of a jury. Innocent until proven guilty - there is no such thing.
So, someone tell me; why was there no DNA evidence found in Avery's bedroom? How do you rape, cut the hair of, stab and slash the throat of someone on top of a mattress and not find any DNA? Did they find any of the hair that they claim was cut in that bedroom? How about semen, or blood spatter - did they conduct a luminol test? Did they explain to the jury what luminol is? Did they explain how sensitive luminol testing is and that any trace amount would be found? Did they find bleach on the mattress or some other 'cleanser'? Were there marks, or mars on the bedposts from the shackles/chains? How can you as a juror in this case not ask those very very very important questions. It would be the first thought on my mind as a juror - how can we convict when there's no evidence inside the house, the house that the prosecution decided was the scene of the crime? Oh, but wait, four months after they realize that there's no way to get a conviction on the bedroom due to the lack of DNA or evidence of any sort during eight days of searching in November, all of a sudden there's a bullet fragment in the garage. There's a key in the bedroom - the same bedroom that they supposedly searched for 8 days. Why was it mentioned that they removed every single item from the garage? Why did they not remove every single item from the bedroom - you know, the same room that the crime supposedly took place in? The same key inside the very room that four months later a cop that wasn't supposed to be there found? Again, how can any jury not ask those questions?

Why was the FBI brought in on this? A favor? An opportunity to make a name by bringing back a test for the presence of EDTA in a blood sample? The same name-making opportunity that was presented during the OJ Simpson trial. Is there such a test today? If so, someone please point me to the URL where I can find this information.
Bottom line, neither Steve Avery nor Brendan Dassey received a fair trial - nothing about this entire situation was fair and just. If the family of these two gentlemen reads this post, I want to say, a woman in Missouri, who had never heard of this case before yesterday sees the wrong-doing. Fight the good fight - this should not be over.
As a juror, your duty is to walk into a courtroom and take a vow that you will consider all of the evidence before reaching a decision. There is no way on Earth that it could have happened with the evidence, or lack thereof, that was available. How can any of these jurors say that reasonable doubt was present?
Minds were made up long before the trial, why? We come full circle to the Kratz media fiasco that TRIED THAT MAN before he ever sat in front a jury. That is wrong!

Last edited:

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
I can't read this. The wife and I are going to binge watch this at some point.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ol' Stevo might have snuffed her, but if there isn't reasonable doubt in this case I don't know what is.

Traxion

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think the real story is how tough the system can be on disadvantaged folks. Avery was a very slow individual from a very poor background. The system almost made it impossible for him to fight things.

I'm not going to be a spoiler but after you watch the series do some research. There are definitely things left out that are very pertinent. Do I think he did the crime the second time? Yep, I do. That said, there was a ton of stuff that created a ton of reasonable doubt.

BBQBluesMan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah not sure what to think after watching this. I do think the local authorataah (as Eric Cartmen would say) had it out for the Avery family for a long time, and did some really shady shit, which they should be responsible for. However, after researching a bit after watching, the directors of this "documentary" left out what I would consider substantial evidence that the jury had available to them. Pretty one sided IMO. I think he more than likely murdered her, but how the case/investigation was handled is a head scratcher.

The treatment the nephew got was unreal. Could tell he was not the brightest crayon in the box, which makes the interrogations he got without his lawyer completely ridiculous. I am still not convinced that he did not have some role in the death though. Like I say, don't know what to think about this, and could be completely wrong, but there is no doubt there is corruption in the legal system. To be locked up for 18 years for a crime you had no
part of would make a man go crazy. Steve mentioned that he left all his anger in prison when he got out. I dont think that was the case....

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
I haven't watched it I just heard about it today and apparently on the court record there was evidence of her dna on a bullet fired from his gun as well as his dna on the door handles of her car. Also multiple sexual assaults and violence attributed to him and members of his family. Something else about a habit of skinning and burning live animals. That doesn't make a guy a human killer but isn't good. Most of those the Netflix story failed to mention. Like I said I haven't seen it just the report I heard of it today.

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
Looks like a good binge watch. Wary to do that again. Binged a while back on Breaking Bad, and lost 3 weeks of my life.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think the bottom line is this: Don't be a dirt bag idiot. The legal system people might try to screw you.

I do feel for the kid though. That boy got his life taken away just because he wasn't mentally competent.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
Another tidbit that has been on my mind: Think twice about visiting a junk/salvage yard.

Biglunch

Founding Member
Founding Member
I really don't know what to think of the whole thing. If he had done it why wouldn't he have crushed that car and had it sent off. And the hole key thing is just weird

ndbwhunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I watched a little bit of it last night. Interesting to say the least.

huntinforfish

Founding Member
Founding Member
Very interesting and well done for sure. I have had numerous conversations with co-workers and friends about this show. Guilty beyond a reasonable doubt? IDK. As far as any evidence or research you see now, you have to take it all with a grain of salt. Too many people digging for anything and people willing to say anything for a second of fame. Kratz (Prosecutor) came out against the show and said it was one sided, but I personally wouldn't believe a word out of that sleeze balls mouth. Too many questions raised by the defense that could not be answered. Fascinating show and I recommend anyone who hasn't seen it to watch it.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
image.jpg

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 90
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 77
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74