Expanding MN Musky Lakes

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
At a time when MN musky fisheries are under attack by some people spreading a lot of misinformation and fear-mongering, it's nice to know there is some science and popular MN fishing personalities on the musky's side. Awesome video from Lindner Media Productions.

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
The Lindner boys are some stand-up dudes. Of all people rich or poor, famous or not, Al Lindner is one fella I would like to spend a day fishing with.

nxtgeneration

Founding Member
Founding Member
Mmmmm smoked mushky.

All kidding aside, I've gone musky fishing a few of times with my brother in law around the cities and at Leech. Never caught one but we did have a few follows and it sure gets your heart pumping. And its a hell of an upper body workout too.

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
I always find it ironic that musky guys can fish for hours and hours hucking 5-pound lures, and them some schmuck with 6-pound test, a shiner and a Lindy rig catches a 54-incher by accident while targeting eyes. That's gotta drive 'em nuts!

SerchforPerch

★★★ Legendary Member
Its not the accidental catch that drives people nuts its the fact that delayed mortality on big muskies is high especially when said folks proceed with a paparazzi style Catch-Torture-Release photo shoot and mishandling a fish of that caliber in the process..

nxtgeneration

Founding Member
Founding Member
We were on Minnetonka one morning casting and some clown pulls up in a ski boat and starts casting. He pulled up close enough that we could see in his boat and all he had was a small bass net and a couple pounders and cowgirls on a seat. Pretty sure if he hooked into one either A. he would've ended up in the water; or B. He would've killed the fish trying to wrangle it in the boat. Highly doubt he had any hook removing tools that would be sufficient either.

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
Its not the accidental catch that drives people nuts its the fact that delayed mortality on big muskies is high especially when said folks proceed with a paparazzi style Catch-Torture-Release photo shoot and mishandling a fish of that caliber in the process..

It's only torture if you release them. Otherwise you're just tenderizing the meat. Speeds the pickling process.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 106
  • This month: 99
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 77
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 66