Notorious muskie killer convicted, fined and banned from fishing

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
Muskie killer convicted

Receives $1,000 fine and two-year fishing ban

The Windsor man who was filmed catching, killing and dumping a muskie on the Canadian side of the Detroit River has been fined $1,000 and is banned from fishing for two years.

53-year-old Edmond "Eddie" Parent (pictured above, courtesy the Windsor Star), pleaded guilty to failing to release an undersized muskie in a way that caused the least harm to the fish.

On September 3, 2014, anglers Mike Cowley and Dane Alexander were fishing on the Detroit River at the mouth of Lake St. Clair near Windsor when they saw another angler, Parent, in a boat next to them catch an undersized muskie. Parent struck the muskie on the head, killing it, and threw the fish back into the water.

Cowley and Alexander captured the incident on video along with their ensuing confrontation with Parent, who said that he killed the muskie because it was a “sh*t fish.” Apparently, Parent caught the muskie incidentally while he was fishing for walleye. Parent added that muskies eat the “good” fish, implying they should all be killed. “Deader than a f*cking doornail. Everyone of them,” he’s heard saying in the video.

Cowley and Alexander posted their video:
YouTube
Where it quickly made the rounds on social media, including Outdoor Canada’s Facebook page, and prompted a rash of online anger. Conservation officers started investigating after they learned of the video and were able to confirm its authenticity. With the help of the public, officers identified Parent as the person responsible for killing the fish.

Outdoor Canada last reported in December that the Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry had laid charges, but not named the individual.

The Windsor Star reports that the prosecutor, Demetrius Kappos, asked justice of the peace Salma Jaffar to impose a $2,000 fine. However, hearing that Parent is on social assistance, Jaffar imposed a $1,000 fine and gave Parent three months to pay.

In addition to the fine and the fishing ban, Parent is not allowed to possess fishing equipment or associate with anyone who has fishing equipment on any body of water or adjacent shoreline.
In an interview with the Windsor Star last September, Parent apologized for the much-publicized incident.

54896_max.jpg
A still image of the dead muskie, from the YouTube video.

Last edited:

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wasn't the muskie killer wearing an "Affliction" t-shirt? haha

Colt45

Founding Member
Founding Member
"Parent is on social assistance"??

I would guess it means he has some sort of disability and is collecting a check from the taxpayers every month, he is healthy enough to fish though. How can you afford a boat when you are on social assistance?

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would guess it means he has some sort of disability and is collecting a check from the taxpayers every month, he is healthy enough to fish though. How can you afford a boat when you are on social assistance?

download.jpg

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Damn close to 50%, maybe even higher is on social assistance here in obama's America.

Enjoy the tax liability this season guys as you pay your federal tax bills, feel good knowing that some musky killing jackass depends on it.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wow, google this guy. Edmond Parent. His douche-ness is quite apparent. If you didn't get that from his belligerence when caught absolutely breaking the law, you'll get it from his "apology".

As far as his fine being lowered because he is on public assistance, I think that's stupid too. I hope to guess that most agree.

thorson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Heck that guy would be a hero in some parts of MN. There is a large group of muskie haters over there.

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
What pisses me off is if the guy really was that hard up, he missed a golden opportunity for about five gallons of premo pickled mushkie! Friggin' slob, eh?

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't mind the fine being lowered, if there is no money doesn't matter the fine amount. That being said, to make up for the reduction I bet there is plenty of government offices that need papers stapled, cans emptied and floors vacuumed. Bad enough that our taxes are used to pay for people to do this stuff when we can be a little more active in the cheaper labor offered by bozos like him.

Wow, google this guy. Edmond Parent. His douche-ness is quite apparent. If you didn't get that from his belligerence when caught absolutely breaking the law, you'll get it from his "apology".

As far as his fine being lowered because he is on public assistance, I think that's stupid too. I hope to guess that most agree.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't mind the fine being lowered, if there is no money doesn't matter the fine amount. That being said, to make up for the reduction I bet there is plenty of government offices that need papers stapled, cans emptied and floors vacuumed. Bad enough that our taxes are used to pay for people to do this stuff when we can be a little more active in the cheaper labor offered by bozos like him.

We CAN'T do that as it would take a pay check away from some of the tens of thousands of "Undocumented Persons" in this country that are just trying to support their "Undocumented Families" so their "Undocumented Kids" can attend free public schools, get free health care, and eat free food from a system that these "Undocumented Persons" don't pay taxes to help support because they are "Undocumented". Wish we had some syrians to make things more better. Then you could substitute syrian for undocumented. I wonder if Lutheran Social Services can help us???

And this guy got off easy and will be a perpetual schmuck regardless of what the punishment.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Its amazing the shit that is now caught on video since every one has one handy. If your going to kill it might as well eat it what a boner

arrowdem

Founding Member
Founding Member
ya if he's strapped for cash you would sure think he would have a hard time letting a meal that big just go to waste, i know we talked about the non-swearing, but this guy seems like a titty sprinkles d-bag....

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 165
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76