Spring Lawn Care

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
Most landscape guys will tell you to seed at the end of the year, usually in late-September/early-October. The temps are much lower and gives the seed a chance to grab some roots before winter. When spring comes they will be ready for sun. Otherwise, they also say you shouldn't seed a lawn until late May or you might lose more seed to ND winds and birds than it's worth.

I quickly do a weed/feed in late March, as soon as the snow is gone, to stop those damn dandelions. Has anyone ever really come up with a good reason those lil' bastages love us so much?????? ;:;banghead

huffranger

Founding Member
Founding Member
The rental shops have a big ass grass seed planting machine for adding new seed to an old turf. My question is that what to use for adding seed to existing lawns ?

What is the best way to add seed to help a lawn ?

Where is the best place to buy seed in the Bis/Man area ?

Thanks in advance guys

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
The big problem with fall germination is that it needs watering. Small yards are ok but when you are starting 3/4's of an acre water is expensive. I know someone that spent $2000.00 plus to start his less than acre yard. My neighbors and I were flooded out in 2011. I spent zero to grow grass that looks better than before the flood. Rural water is pricey.

- - - Updated - - -

For large amounts of seed Chesaks used to be the best. I heard they are closing.

1bigfokker

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks djoosl for the update. I knew something was missing.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 116
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 69