Windows 10

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
So how many of you computer owners have upgraded to Windows 10? I did have windows 10 for about a month but could not use my graphics card so I went back to Windows 7. What are your experience with Linux android OS? Thoughts!!

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
my new computer updated itself a few days ago, took me 3 hours to get my old windows software back. windows 10 totally sucked and made no sense to me at all. now I just have to figure out how to stop it from downloading in 3 days.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
http://ultimateoutsider.com/downloads/

This download is supposed to stop windows 10 from automatically downloading.

This is what I do:
Turn off automatically download important window updates, you have to do a check for window updates manually... if you see windows 10 update... Right click, pop up will ask if you would like to hide update, left click on option done.
Turn off computer always... not just sleep or hibernate

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bite the bullet. Spent the money. Buy a Mac and use Safari and have no more problems!!!

Steve.

701FishSlayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thought about getting a mac just to try it out. I hate the Iphone though so maybe ile be biased right off the bat. Absolutely despise windows 10. Worst rollout/design evvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvver.

Wild and Free

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just upgraded to 10 from 8 and it was huge improvement, 8.2 was the worst of the worst ever.
From all IT gurus windows 7 is dangerous as it is not going to be supported if at all in the near future for security purposes so other than browsing the net one best not be using 7 on a computer you cherish that has any personal info or files of value, going to be very vulnerable from all I have talked to.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
well that's just friggen great. I hate change. windows 8 is a hot dumpster fire. I like 7 because I've used it fro a long, long time.

Crankn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just got my wife a new laptop with Windows 10 on it. Once the geek squad explained a few things she thinks it's going to be better than 7.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
thank goodness I'm a one man geek squad

that said - we're still running XP on quite a few machines

#microsoftupgradesusuallypoundsand

does 10 allow you to downsize images handily? 20 years of this upgrade crap and as of windows 7 I still need to download a 3rd party shareware to reduce image sizes

#thanksalotbill

- - - Updated - - -

p.s. If you don't use alt-tab or alt-shift-tab to jump around between your open applications you need to get on the stick

#ain'tgottimeforthatmousingaroundmalarkey

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
Windows 10 looks just like Windows 7 by a simple click. Desktop mode is what most of us are used to. After that you just click on your internet icon and continue as always. Not a problem at all.

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sometimes I wish we were back in the days when advanced technology was the game of PONG! Nooooo..not beer pong!;:;rofl

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't like free software when it comes to security, I would of paid for Windows 10 because then Microsoft would be able to give me comfort knowing my money will give me product I paid for. When things are free their is usually hidden costs that will be needed to be paid for further service down the road. With free usually means they can do what ever they want after they have tentacles wrapped around your Benjamins throat. When I purchased Ad blocker the first time it was pay if you want through a donor pay pal account, which I paid up front knowing that with my money paid for service I would have the safe confidence to allow this program to do what it was made to do. I still use a Blackberry phone because I have never had a problem with the smartphone I have purchased. Some of the most powerful government in the world still use BlackBerry OS. I will wait till windows tells me I need to buy a new windows software that the cd rom comes with a product key.

stalker

Founding Member
Founding Member
thank goodness I'm a one man geek squad

that said - we're still running XP on quite a few machines

#microsoftupgradesusuallypoundsand

does 10 allow you to downsize images handily? 20 years of this upgrade crap and as of windows 7 I still need to download a 3rd party shareware to reduce image sizes

I still use Paint to reduce photo sizes in Windows 7. I haven't verified it myself yet, but google says Windows 10 still has Paint. It's quick and easy and on every Windows computer as far as I know.

Since you like hot keys, just go "windows key + R". Then type in mspaint and enter.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have people for this confusing stuff.

When I call IT and they ask me to do some sort of techy stuff, I let them know I would not be on the phone with you if I wanted to be in the IT department, you are going to have to send someone over to fix my stuff. I don't call the auto mechanic to fix my vehicle so that he can talk me through how to fix it myself.

Since when did this world become self service, turns out yesterday I was a grocery bagger at the local grocery store too, then I was the cashier as I had to run my card and punch a bunch of buttons. Soon when I go to Arby's I will have to get behind the counter, ring it up, go to the kitchen cook it, then do the dishes, then pay the machine, and mop up the piss off the mens room floor prior to eating my meat mountain.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74