Standing Rock Deer tags

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
When the State season opens in SD it's way more hectic than when its closed. It would be interesting to know how many state deer tags are actually shot on rez land, and vice versa.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Down there in Sioux county I rarely see native hunters save for one group that likes to drive their truck up the draw behind their house some evenings. So that leaves 600 tags that are good for both states so divide that by half ( reality is it's probably more of a 60-40 split between South Dakota to North Dakota) then spread them out over a month and a half since almost all the tags are sold to people from States out to the east so they tend to only hunt for a week or two. Now compare that to the 16 1/2 day state season where over 3,000 guys are down there on the nodal side alone split between two county's and things get hopping pretty fast and obviously the weekends are just down right nuts. The state guys will be all over anything that's not posted and that means they will be a ton of them on tribal land. I would bet the number of state tags filled on tribal land would be substantial. But once the state season ends it gets damn quiet down there and the deer activity picks way up especially the muley's since that's right about time they're rut kicks in hard

Last edited:

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not down here it's does not have to be posted. Our season is not for 2 more weeks. I can hunt days with out seeing any one. I know a bunch of tribal members down here who have both state and tribal tag. So they run the country pretty hard. A few are no longer allowed state tags.

HunterTom

Very old post but wanted to see if you were still a member? By your post are you saying those were standing rock deer but on the ND side?

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Very old post but wanted to see if you were still a member? By your post are you saying those were standing rock deer but on the ND side?

dont really understand what your asking . Standing rock is in both states

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76