Salmo Hornet Favorite Colors

FightingSioux

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anyone know if any stores sell custom color Salmo Bullheads? I know Scheels used to carry some but I don’t have a store near me. Can’t seem to find much online outside of the standard colors.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Do these deals cast better than Shad Raps? How is the action? Not being snarky like the Flicker Shad thread as these seem a different concept IMHO. For walleye/trout I prefer a tight wiggle like with all my women.

FightingSioux

Founding Member
Founding Member
It’s a tighter higher frequency vibration with the hornets. Hard to explain the bullhead but it does have a more of a tail up dig. There is something about hornets that walleye and big pike love. Some of the biggest pike I have caught in the summer were on hornets. Small idea like bullheads too

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ever tried casting? IME "deep" Shad Raps consistently go batshit in the middle of trajectory and lose at least ten yards comparable to weight. Forget a headwind and most use with baitcasting tackle. I surmise fixing the casting issue would retard the the intended action. Terminal tackle can be modded to fish a shallow Shad Rap at any depth:).

I remember the first article about Shad Raps in OL by Gerry Gibbs when I was I kid. The only versions available were deep runners which were pulled at extreme speed in the "froth" and would not go "off track". The original concept seemed to be a trolling lure with no consideration to superfluous achievable depth with lip length. I suppose it's better having the lure run below the cannon ball. IDK:

A shallow will give three feet depending on size so I maintain "superfluous".

Y'all should get some beers, make a Cuban Sandwich (I posted an awesome thread about these sandwiches) and contemplate spending cash on Shad Rap knock offs.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ever tried casting? IME "deep" Shad Raps consistently go batshit in the middle of trajectory and lose at least ten yards comparable to weight. Forget a headwind and most use with baitcasting tackle. I surmise fixing the casting issue would retard the the intended action. Terminal tackle can be modded to fish a shallow Shad Rap at any depth:).

I remember the first article about Shad Raps in OL by Gerry Gibbs when I was I kid. The only versions available were deep runners which were pulled at extreme speed in the "froth" and would not go "off track". The original concept seemed to be a trolling lure with no consideration to superfluous achievable depth with lip length. I suppose it's better having the lure run below the cannon ball. IDK:

A shallow will give three feet depending on size so I maintain "superfluous".

Y'all should get some beers, make a Cuban Sandwich (I posted an awesome thread about these sandwiches) and contemplate spending cash on Shad Rap knock offs.

Ugg, A Cuban sandwich. Just... ugg. I mistakenly had one in Mesa a couple of weeks ago. I remembered quickly why I hate them.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 116
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 69