DEA is looking to drop marijuana down to a schedule 2 or 3 drug

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member

Walleye_Chaser

Founding Member
Founding Member
That was simply a term used for something that impairs the mind to me, not a technical description. My apologizes.

Sometimes it seems tequila is a hallucenagenic the way it makes some girls look at 1 am.

These pot guys are a negative bunch.

Unsigned bad rep again.

Thread: DEA is looking to drop marijuana down to a schedule 2 or 3 drug
Legalize this!!!

I got one as well simply stating "Classless".....interesting indeed.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
http://www.hightimes.com/read/penns...Feed:+HIGHTIMESMagazine+(HIGH+TIMES+Magazine)

Pennsylvania Will Become 24th State to Legalize Medical Marijuana

Pennsylvania will inevitably become the twenty-fourth state in the nation to legalize a comprehensive program that allows patients suffering from with a variety of conditions to use medical marijuana.

On Wednesday, in response to the many calls for action from families of patients dealing with severe and debilitating disorders, the Pennsylvania House of Representatives put their seal of approval on the latest version of Senate Bill 3, sending it to the office of Governor Tom Wolf for a signature. The governor, who has been pushing for the state legislature to approve medical marijuana for the past year, now has 10 days to sign the bill into law. He is expected to act without hesitation.

“I am proud and excited to sign this bill that will provide long overdue medical relief to patients and families who could benefit from this treatment,” Wolf said Wednesday in a statement. “I applaud members of both parties in the House and Senate who have come together to help patients who have run out of medical options and want to thank the thousands of advocates who have fought tirelessly for this cause.”

Senate Panel OKs Medical Marijuana for Veterans
By a bipartisan vote of 20– 10, the Senate Appropriations Committee passed an amendment that would prevent the Department of Veterans Affairs (V.A.) from spending money to enforce a current policy that prohibits the department’s doctors from filling out medical marijuana recommendation forms in states where the drug is legal.

The move is “an important step in restoring complete health care options for veterans,”Scott Murphy, president ofVeterans for Safe Accessand Compassionate Care, told Marijuana.com in an email. “With 22 daily veteran suicides, to include self-immolation on V.A. property, and an opiate epidemic that is effecting the veteran population in higher numbers than the civilian population, it is about time our politicians caught up with the populous views of American voters and take medical cannabis seriously.”

http://www.marijuana.com/blog/news/2016/04/senate-panel-oks-medical-marijuana-for-veterans/

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
DAvy, think I mentioned portugal and maybe a link earlier. Have read about 5 articles on Portugals experiment. The report everyone of the article is quoting came from the CATO Institute which is a libertarian think tank group so they like the libertarian ideology of this policy.

5 years in is still earlier to tell the long term effects of such a social experiment. One article I read mentioned drug usage trends in other countries without legalization showing similar results. In history, other countries have tried this and failed miserably. But perhaps new social techniques and advancements allow people to snort coke, shoot heroin and smoke crack without having negative effects on society..............

As someone pointed out earlier Portugal is not the US. Whether legalization of all drugs would work like this here............... But the simple fact you are posting this kind of backs up my incrementalization idea. 15 years ago would you have posted links suggesting maybe legalizing all drugs wouldn't be a bad idea?

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
Old dogs new tricks. thinking not inside the cube. many doubts this will occur i have. Not of sound mind meaning same action repetition expectation of differing outcomes.

Last edited:

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
espringers, leave that shit to svn mag, amateurs do not do it justice.

But I am curious though, does thinking outside the cube include legalizing all drugs in your world?

After all, we have been doing the same thing of keeping them all illegal now for quite some time.

So to expect a different outcome what would an old dog like you do for a new trick if not that?

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sorry I was stoned. Bad gummies. Nearly jumped out a window. Thank goodness I only got a case of word diarrhea. Need whiskey to straighten me out.

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
Glad you didn't jump, that drop from those 1st story windows can be bad.

a couple questions now that you are back to your senses.

If doing something different such as legalizing pot brings us different results you believe will be beneficial, could you then not argue something different also needs to be done in the war on other drugs to get different results and that perhaps legalization would have benefits there also?

Could a society that would support a Sanders presidency perhaps begin to think that the govt needed to legalize drugs and take care of those using them rather than incarcerate them? And that perhaps instead of taxing the unfortunate people under their influence, the affluent 1% should pay for this.

Oh hey one more, I don;t think you ever really answered whether children showing up in emergency rooms from an OD of gummi bear candied pot was a "valid concern" about legalizing pot or not. Giving your making light of it I have to ask again.

Yes ?

No?

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
gst, I think your fear of incrementalism is simply a fear. I don't think it's founded on anything other than the way you were brought up and the stigma about "drugs." I am absolutely for the legalization for medicinal use. Unfortunately, "hospitals" pop up and will write a scrip for just about any condition. There's always those that abuse it.

Let's jump back to the word "drug." There's one major difference that sets MJ apart from other "hard" drugs. You can pick MJ from the plant and utilize it in its' natural form. No processing, no cutting, no bad batches, no assembly lines, etc. Hell, sugar has more steps in its' processing. It's not a hallucinogen, since you were confused on that term in a prior post. It has already been proven to have a medicinal use that spreads over a number of conditions. Are there going to be other issues, i.e. thc gummies, brownies, cookies, etc? YES! How many prescription medications are approved by the FDA that become detrimental to society via birth defects, side effects, secondary symptoms, etc? It just doesn't make sense to continue thinking marijuana needs to be untouchable when it has been proven to be viable medicinal option.

SerchforPerch

★★★ Legendary Member
Hell, sugar has more steps in its' processing.

How many prescription medications are approved by the FDA that become detrimental to society via birth defects, side effects, secondary symptoms, etc? It just doesn't make sense to continue thinking marijuana needs to be untouchable when it has been proven to be viable medicinal option.

Bingo^^ there are a ton of commercials promoting medications to treat this that and the other - However, one thing ive noticed is that the side effects from these "medications" are worse than what you already have... I mean come on, I remember listening to a advertisement for high blood pressure "but don't continue taking if you experience an nausea, loss of vision, develop a hump back, begin secreting an oily discharge, etc." Sweet! sign me up.

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
DM, if incrementalism is not real or happening in our society, explain why people who are now "gender confused" may pick which bathrooms they wish to use in some states and why it is happening.

I can keep listing things that have incrementally become acceptable that not that long ago where prohibited. Including the legalization of pot.

Incrementalism is real.

There are law enforcement based groups pushing for legalizing all drugs.

I shared that link earlier

Respected "think tank" groups are pushing for the legalization of all drugs

http://www.cato.org/publications/commentary/making-economic-case-legalizing-drugs

Show us where that was happening 30 years ago outside fringe hippy based groups that were still reliving Woodstock.

I knew "hallucinagenic" was not the appropriate term based on technical ease, but it seems as if over consumption of edibles is causing some of those type affects according to some in the medical field as stronger pot is being developed .

There are a number of drugs that can be used in their "natural" form other than pot. Should they then be legal as well?

Shrooms, peyote, khat, hell we already have a legal hallucinagen probably in teh wifes cupboard. Nutmeg is for more than just your egg nog. http://abcnews.go.com/Health/large-doses-nutmeg-hallucinogenic-high/story?id=12347815

Once again regarding your comparison to prescription drugs with side effects, I FULLY and STRONGLY support the legalization of medicinal pot regulated like other prescription drugs.

Just like other prescription drugs the benefits helping people can be weighed against the risk.

Recreational use is simply different in my eyes. Roughly half the population agrees. But that is incrementally changing........

I wonder how much pot is smoked at Bernie Sanders rallies?

http://www.theweedblog.com/marijuan...-should-support-bernie-sanders-for-president/

Last edited:

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
We're talking about reducing the level of marijuana into a different category and the need for a controlled, medicinal use system. Not whether or not you get to choose which bathroom you use in Antler.

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
DM. incrementalism does not discriminate only to gender based issues.

If all you wish to propose is to legalize medical usage I am all for that.

I don;t even care if the catagory it is placed in is reduced to better reflect actual standards.

I have not read the measure to legalize medicinal pot but if it is written well I will advocate for that measure.

- - - Updated - - -

I guess I would rather see an overhaul of the legal system where penalties are tied more directly to affects.

A baggy of weed for personal use need not result in jail time any more than a kid having a case of beer does.

Nor should it allow LE to place someone in an Sadek like position.

Selling meth or heroin ect.. on the other hand I would not bat an eye if that required a minimum 10 to 15 year sentence at least requiring to serve all the time.

Return incarceration to a penalty where conditions actually deter people from breaking the law.

fly2cast

Founding Member
Founding Member
As I've stated previously, I'm not sure why as a society we would now want to legalize dope after we see so many health and safety issues with other legalized drugs like alcohol and cigarettes. There is a good article on Drudgereport today. Here is the link: https://www.theguardian.com/science...s-call-for-action-amid-mental-health-concerns

The sub headline is: Warning reflects growing consensus that frequent use of the drug raises the risk of psychotic disorders in vulnerable people

A quote from the article: While the vast majority of people who smoke cannabis will not develop psychotic disorders, those who do can have their lives ruined. Psychosis is defined by hallucinations, delusions and irrational behaviour, and while most patients recover from the episodes, some go on to develop schizophrenia. The risk is higher among those who continue with heavy cannabis use.

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
Glad you didn't jump, that drop from those 1st story windows can be bad.

a couple questions now that you are back to your senses.

If doing something different such as legalizing pot brings us different results you believe will be beneficial, could you then not argue something different also needs to be done in the war on other drugs to get different results and that perhaps legalization would have benefits there also?

Could a society that would support a Sanders presidency perhaps begin to think that the govt needed to legalize drugs and take care of those using them rather than incarcerate them? And that perhaps instead of taxing the unfortunate people under their influence, the affluent 1% should pay for this.

Oh hey one more, I don;t think you ever really answered whether children showing up in emergency rooms from an OD of gummi bear candied pot was a "valid concern" about legalizing pot or not. Giving your making light of it I have to ask again.

Yes ?

No?

and...

- - - Updated - - -

1. Yes. 2. Yes. 3. Yes. Moving on.

and yet you suggest incrementalism such as ending up legalizing all drugs by beginning with legalizing pot is bullshit.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 104
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75