DEA is looking to drop marijuana down to a schedule 2 or 3 drug

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member

silentbob

Founding Member
Founding Member
love it when everyone looks down on marijuana, even with the numerous positive studies on the plant, but yet will take a hydrocodone or some other prescription pain killer with no issues because its "fda approved." By no means am I for the recreational use of marijuana, and you could call me a hypocrite for drinkin beer every weekend, but there are too many good, life saving, pain reducing effects from this very natural plant too rule out as a viable option for medicine..

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Valley City men hosting 4/20 rally

Valley City, ND (Valley News Live) Two men have scheduled a rally on April 20th, known to some as 4/20, to help promote awareness of the medical marijuana petition circulating in North Dakota. More than 13,000 signatures are needed so the petition can be put on the ballot in November.
"The fact that people are still, this day in 2016, being locked up and having their families torn apart for this, it's sickening, it's sad to me," VC 4/20 Rally creator Lucas Sieg said.
They are hoping to collect signatures for the medical marijuana petition and they are doing it by hosting a rally.
"The rally is to raise awareness for the Compassionate Care Act. We believe that we need to get the medicine that people need,” Sieg said.
"We want it to be a peaceful protest. We don't want to cause any problems. We just want to be there with fellow people that are like minded and have an educated discussion about marijuana reform," Alexander Huss-Petersen said.
If the petition is accepted by the state and with voters' approval in November, the initiative would make it legal for North Dakotan’s to possess up to three ounces of marijuana for medical purposes.
"It’s just a chance for us to stand in solidarity to show the public that we are not just a bunch of stereotypical stoners trying to get high," Sieg said.
They say they are still a long way from getting enough signatures, they only have about 10 percent. Despite the outcome, they believe in the cause.
"This campaign isn't going to die here. We will continue on and we will fight for justice,” Huss-Petersen said.
The rally is scheduled for April 20th at 4:20 P.M. at the Barnes County Court House in Valley City. It is expected to last about two hours.

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
I really don't care what way this goes. Even if it was legal u wouldn't see me with that shit. I smoked enough of it when I was way younger to last a life time.

701FishSlayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Decriminalize it all the way. It's grass for gods sake. Let the stoners smoke themselves stupid. Let the people that need it for medical reasons have access to it. Then, take all the other hard stuff, heroin, cocaine, meth etc and stiffen the penalties tenfold. Get that shit completely out of here. I don't care if they gotta do 20 year to life for that shit, get it gone and watch the world get better.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lots of research in the medical field going on with Fibromyalgia as we speak , It's only a matter of time.

The big thing now is to not let big pharmaceutical companies get their greedy paws in there, They have been fighting medical marijuana for years, claiming it has no medical value , Hold them to their opinion.

[url]http://www.leafscience.com/2014/04/21/cannabis-best-treatment-fibromyalgia/

[/URL]
http://www.medicaldaily.com/canada-medical-marijuana-legalization-grow-home-379513

http://www.newsweek.com/states-medical-marijuana-painkiller-deaths-drop-25-266577

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Decriminalize it all the way. It's grass for gods sake. Let the stoners smoke themselves stupid. Let the people that need it for medical reasons have access to it. Then, take all the other hard stuff, heroin, cocaine, meth etc and stiffen the penalties tenfold. Get that shit completely out of here. I don't care if they gotta do 20 year to life for that shit, get it gone and watch the world get better.

Argument of its just grass doesn't really work. Heroin is just a poppy seed and cocaine is just a plant. I would stick with the benefits medically vs the its just a plant thing because what makes one plant less dangerous than another. Think of cot in Africa it's just a plant you chew on.

Walleye_Chaser

Founding Member
Founding Member
There has never been a recorded death (overdose) from Marijuana in any form, ever. Cigarettes, Alocohol, smartphones for God's sake. Get over it. Colorado has taken in more tax revenue from Cannabis than ALCOHOL. Times are a changin' and the stigma is proven to be bullshit.

wildeyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
The medical benefits are the reason why I have invested in a few mj companys . now what I need is the federal gov. to change mj to a sch. 2-3 drug. or legalize the plant. relatives in Denver are smiling because of the money the state is collecting on taxes. I grew up in the late 60 and 70s so I know about this and yes I did inhale. I did see the video, but I did also know that this plant wasn't what was in that video. I know that if you put the time in to raise our kids with the right values they make the right decision later. There are good and bad with any drug. The good that they are finding in this plant (in my opinion) out way the bad. My mother had MS for 42 years and the drugs that she took to help her with that problems associated with that were worse then the MS it self. now with the medical research in this plant I see a different form of help for a lot of people along with the tax benefits I have a hard time not voting yes.

You

Founding Member
Founding Member
sent to reps last year:

Hello all,

Having recently gotten back from a few surgery-related trips......., the thought of another option in treating .......... is very exciting. With me having .......... and my brother having..........we've talked about medical marijuana in the past. We both have severe cases and have been through the entire list of traditional medications. Neither of us are willing to break the law though over a 'what if' marijuana can help me? However, people like us should at least have a legal option to see for ourselves if it does.

On another note, some of my family members and friends have gone through chemotherapy and became quite emaciated. Sadly, some wasted away and lost their battles. Marijuana's ability to increase appetite and promote weight gain is absolutely irrefutable. That alone is enough to decriminalize it for those seeking more medical options.

Please support HB 1430.

their reply:

Thank you for contacting us. There are oral versions of marijauana that a physician can prescribe.

I do not support the the concept behind the smoking bill.

Thanks for contacting me.

:;:huh

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am curious what the difference is between oral and smoking. Seems like oral would be more of a pain to time/dose properly?

Please discuss.

Hornhunter

Banned
Banned
What's with all these off the site topics lunker? Concussions, marijuana. Do u fish anymore.

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
I have no issue with MJ being legalized for medical use and would support that measure.

It will likely be abused much like other prescription drugs.

Those claiming recreational use of MJ is just smoking a plant and does no harm need to talk with those that deal with the impacts to society and addicts themselves before making that claim.

Back when prohibition of alcohol and temperance movement failed this nation/govt realized people needed/demanded a vice. Alcohol was the vice chosen to legalize. It doesn;t make it any less damaging than any other drug. Just legal. And yet the impacts of alcohol use/abuse have not gone away. So why does anyone think the consequences of drug abuse will go away once legal?

No matter what is legalized, there will ALWAYS be another drug that is sought . MJ has been proven to be a gateway drug to those as people chase that high with more powerful drugs. Most addicts admit to trying other drugs while high on pot. And there are those that will push to continue to legalize ALL drugs using the very same justifications being used to legalize MJ.

We can look to what has happened in other countries that have gone this path over the last few decades to learn. Most all are back tracking in some manner because of consequences they have found .

http://www.druglibrary.org/schaffer/debate/myths/myths4.htm

Supporters point to Portugal for data showing decreases in drug usage from 2001 but there is not economic data to correlate with it. At what cost does drug legalization "work"?

Taxing the hell out of something only creates a black market. Prohibition proved that. So you trade one law enforcement nightmare for another.

Legalizing without taxes creates the responsibility to deal economically with the costs of usage and addiction. Who pays for that? Drug users that are nonproductive or others?

Indeed those same people now pay for the "war" on drugs as well, so it will take a shift of changing peoples ideals. Who on here is willing to pay higher taxes to cover the cost of LEGAL drug usage?

We complain about paying for some gal with her professional hair braided and 3 inch nails done talking on a cell phone standing in line with steak and lobster in her cart with an EBT card in her hand. Now we are supposed to gladly pay for her 11 kids legalized drug usage costs to society as well?

If you wish to argue for legalizing recreational pot at least don;t blow smoke up peoples ass about what the costs and incremental impacts are going to be.

- - - Updated - - -

http://dailysignal.com/2014/08/20/7-harmful-side-effects-pot-legalization-caused-colorado/

7 Harmful Side Effects Pot Legalization Has Caused in Colorado

140818_Marijuana_Cully-385x200.jpg

Photo: Kesneme/Creative Commons

Commentary By

n @cullystimson
Charles "Cully" D. Stimson is a leading expert in criminal law, military law, military commissions and detention policy at The Heritage Foundation's Center for Legal and Judicial Studies. Read his research.

There is more bad news out of Colorado regarding the negative impact of marijuana legalization.
As I reported a few weeks ago, some professors published a peer-reviewed article on the negative social costs to outright legalization. I noted that although overall traffic fatalities in Colorado have gone down since 2007, they went up by 100 percent for operators testing positive for marijuana—from 39 in 2007 to 78 in 2012. (Colorado legalized marijuana for medical usage in 2009, before legalizing marijuana for other uses in 2012.) Furthermore, in 2007, those pot-positive drivers represented only 7 percent of total fatalities in Colorado, but in 2012 they represented 16 percent of total Colorado fatalities.
Now, there is even more proof from Colorado that legalizing pot, as I have argued before, is terrible public policy.
This new report paints an even bleaker picture of what is happening in Colorado since it legalized the possession, sale, and consumption of marijuana.
According to the new report by the Rocky Mountain High Intensity Drug Trafficking Area entitled “The Legalization of Marijuana in Colorado: The Impact,” the impact of legalized marijuana in Colorado has resulted in:
1. The majority of DUI drug arrests involve marijuana and 25 to 40 percent were marijuana alone.
2. In 2012, 10.47 percent of Colorado youth ages 12 to 17 were considered current marijuana users compared to 7.55 percent nationally. Colorado ranked fourth in the nation, and was 39 percent higher than the national average.
3. Drug-related student suspensions/expulsions increased 32 percent from school years 2008-09 through 2012-13, the vast majority were for marijuana violations.
4. In 2012, 26.81 percent of college age students were considered current marijuana users compared to 18.89 percent nationally, which ranks Colorado third in the nation and 42 percent above the national average.
5. In 2013, 48.4 percent of Denver adult arrestees tested positive for marijuana, which is a 16 percent increase from 2008.
6. From 2011 through 2013 there was a 57 percent increase in marijuana-related emergency room visits.
7. Hospitalizations related to marijuana has increased 82 percent since 2008.
The report includes other data about the negative effect of legalizing marijuana in Colorado, including marijuana-related exposure to children, treatment, the flood of marijuana in and out of Colorado, the dangers of pot extraction labs and other disturbing factual trends.
Don’t expect this data to impact the push to legalize pot in Colorado, or elsewhere for that matter. Big pot is big business, and the push to legalize is really all about profit, despite inconvenient facts.
Drug policy should be based on hard science and reliable data. And the data coming out of Colorado points to one and only one conclusion: the legalization of marijuana in the state is terrible public policy.

Last edited:

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member

Valley City, ND (Valley News Live) Two men have scheduled a rally on April 20th, known to some as 4/20, to help promote awareness of the medical marijuana petition circulating in North Dakota. More than 13,000 signatures are needed so the petition can be put on the ballot in November.
"The fact that people are still, this day in 2016, being locked up and having their families torn apart for this, it's sickening, it's sad to me," VC 4/20 Rally creator Lucas Sieg said.
They are hoping to collect signatures for the medical marijuana petition and they are doing it by hosting a rally.
"The rally is to raise awareness for the Compassionate Care Act. We believe that we need to get the medicine that people need,” Sieg said.
"We want it to be a peaceful protest. We don't want to cause any problems. We just want to be there with fellow people that are like minded and have an educated discussion about marijuana reform," Alexander Huss-Petersen said.
If the petition is accepted by the state and with voters' approval in November, the initiative would make it legal for North Dakotan’s to possess up to three ounces of marijuana for medical purposes.
"It’s just a chance for us to stand in solidarity to show the public that we are not just a bunch of stereotypical stoners trying to get high," Sieg said.
They say they are still a long way from getting enough signatures, they only have about 10 percent. Despite the outcome, they believe in the cause.
"This campaign isn't going to die here. We will continue on and we will fight for justice,” Huss-Petersen said.
The rally is scheduled for April 20th at 4:20 P.M. at the Barnes County Court House in Valley City. It is expected to last about two hours.

You know 4-20 is getting main streem when it's become interspecies!

Screenshot_2016-04-11-12-12-26.jpg

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
Ha, Somebody want to volunteer to tag her calf?

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am curious what the difference is between oral and smoking. Seems like oral would be more of a pain to time/dose properly?

Please discuss.

My understanding is the pill form is a complete disaster , In processing they take out the good chemicals or they use synthetic or probably both , Not sure . Canada went that route for a while and further research proved the raw plant worked way better than the pill. PLUS by the time big pharma got done it was unaffordable and insurance wouldn't cover it . It turned out to be a big flop.

I'm pretty sure there are recipes online how to cook with it, I have saw cookbooks advertized , That would be the way to go VS smoking it. Make it into butter or a cookie and eat it and try a dose and see how you react , This isn't rocket science, It's the exact same method a diabetic prescribes their own insulin dose. Doctor gives you a number of units to start with and you fine tune it.

The important thing I see right now is keeping big Pharma out of the picture , They will make it totally unaffordable. My wife could get the pill form but the price is over 1400 per month for something that doesn't work .

For years big pharma companies have teamed up with the federal Gov. and said Marijuana has no medical benefit. All the while they were sucking tit and doing research to prove to the citizens that it has no medical value but the plan backfired, They found out it causes cancer cells to attack on another and it cures cancer in mice and rats, another trial just released results proved it works in helping prevent seizures. Now the bastards want in on it because it works. The government has had patents on it for medical use for years. Crazy stuff.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 75