I think I'm ill...

TheWalleye

Honored Member
So I love spring, summer and fall... shore fishing has got to be one of my favorite past times. But lately I've found myself day dreaming of ice fishing. This last winter I picked up an auger and cleaned off my ice fishing gear and picked up the hobby again after 6 years of not doing it. Man did that get the itch going. To top it all off i won a vex right at the end of the season past the time i was comfortable going on the ice! OI, what a long wait i have ahead of me.

;:;blahblah

wildeyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I feel you on that one had a good ice fishing season this year. but there is a whole lot of summer fishing coming. It started early this year

TheWalleye

Honored Member
I had fun getting back into it, but spent most of my time driving up to the Turtle Lake area because I don't know much of where to go around Bis and that's where my father-in-law lives. I found quite a few places once I started looking so I think next year will be a bit more fun. :)

wildeyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
stocking reports game and fish web site gives good ideas where to go. I look through those during the summer plus feed back from people in general. I have a list for first ice already.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you don't have a boat, get yourself a cheap 12-14 foot and rig something to hold your Vex 'ducer over the side so you can jig under it. Voila! You are welcome.;)

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
This winter got me all screwed up because we didn't really have a winter. I find myself feeling totally indifferent to spring. It sucks to not pine for the coming season. This must be what it's like to live down south. Yuck.

Anyway, the lack of winter may be what has your spidy senses all messed up.

wildeyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
like capt. said use it during the summer also with that boat you can go to small lakes gps spots for winter.

jer79

Founding Member
Founding Member
i agree the ice season was lame. even though we had 20 inches of ice in my area, there were more than a few days with standing water on top of it from rain or melting snow . made me a lil nervous towards the end. ive started to prefer ice over open water the last few years.

TheWalleye

Honored Member
I think not having a boat makes me prefer ice, gives me a little more control and the ability to chase the fish more then I can from shore.

jer79

Founding Member
Founding Member
even with a boat.. it seems like the wind is blowing or raining,if or 99 degrees etc..in a fish house its usually comfortable, not always but usually.. you can also access these small perch sloughs in the winter that you cant get a boat in ..... I would consider taking these other guys advice and get a lil dinger, ive thought about it myself. you can get something called a bass tender for about 600 new I think. not a bad investment and your not locked into payments. digimarc.jpg

Last edited:

silentbob

Founding Member
Founding Member
its funny, i always dream of ice fishing again a week into open water, then dream of open water fishing a week into ice fishing lol i must be extremely ill...

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm still laughing at the guys who have their fishing boats in winter storage and going to get them this next week.... ACK! I've had mine in the water for a month already. Leave hard water alone and get that fresh air smell.

My rigs were tied and placed on the Tackle Buddies back in January during the NFL playoffs. Nothing like watching a football game on a Saturday afternoon with the fireplace rolling. Add in a recliner and a cold beer, and you have nothing more than pure bliss! Single hooks, Lindy lines, crawler rigs, slow death rigs, etc.

Once school lets out I'll be back on the lake, cuz those whackos on jetskis and pontoons, or wakeboard bastages, can have the Big Mo the rest of the season.

TheWalleye

Honored Member
I'm still laughing at the guys who have their fishing boats in winter storage and going to get them this next week.... ACK! I've had mine in the water for a month already. Leave hard water alone and get that fresh air smell.

My rigs were tied and placed on the Tackle Buddies back in January during the NFL playoffs. Nothing like watching a football game on a Saturday afternoon with the fireplace rolling. Add in a recliner and a cold beer, and you have nothing more than pure bliss! Single hooks, Lindy lines, crawler rigs, slow death rigs, etc.

Once school lets out I'll be back on the lake, cuz those whackos on jetskis and pontoons, or wakeboard bastages, can have the Big Mo the rest of the season.

I've really only seen the river get bad with the sports crafts between Fox and Interstate bridge, most other spots aren't to terrible are they? Can't imagine down south you'd want to tear around to much - unless you have a death wish i guess.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 112
  • This month: 104
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 69