Got out done in the Turkey woods by my little girl.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks Guys for all the support. She's been reading these posts and smiling quite a bit and showing her friends her "Bigger than Dad's" turkey. (Eye Roll) I don't mind that though. It makes me smile when she ribs me about it. Might have two young ladies in the woods next spring as her best friend was really impressed. We'll see if I can get her to come along. The fan is already on the drying board with borax and boy has this guy been fighting. Just about every tail feather is ruffed up on the ends and he had plenty of impact marks on his chest when I cleaned him. Definitely a scrapper!!! The beard is in borax, and the spurs are frozen to be cut, skinned, and put on leather lace. (That's part of today) He weighed 13.5 lbs dressed out and we've already had two meals from him and they were excellent. When I get the fan finished (10-14 days) I'll post up a pic.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Awesome work, kdm. Reading the story reminded me of my first turkey hunt with my dad. Thank you.

Taylorman55

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks for sharing ! This is an awesome story. Nice work sticking at it and seeing it through! Congrats to the young hunter!!!!!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 119
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 96
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 70