NFL News (Vikings)

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
go cowboys

queer

- - - Updated - - -

Of all the bizarre, random, and weird injuries we’ve ever shared at LBS, this belongs towards the top.Taylor Heinicke, a third-string quarterback with the Minnesota Vikings, could be out up to three months after severing a tendon in his left foot earlier this month trying to kick open a door.
The second-year quarterback from Old Dominion saw “The Conjuring 2” with a friend. The two returned to the friend’s home and realized they were locked out, so Heinicke tried kicking the door open. His plan failed.
Heinicke talked about the incident Thursday from Vikings camp.
“I was locked out of my house after a late-night movie,” Heinicke said via the Pioneer Press. “I came back and there’s no one home, and I’m trying to nudge the door a little. It was one of those double doors. I thought it just needed a little nudge.
“Me and my buddy were getting it going a little, but when I put my foot to the door, my foot kind of slipped and it went through a window. It was just kind of a freak accident. I’m very embarrassed, but I’m just excited getting going with rehab and trying to get this going as soon as possible.”
ESPN’s Ben Goessling says there was no foul play involved in the incident.
The Vikings are planning to open the season with Teddy Bridgewater and Shaun Hill atop their depth chart at quarterback. They also have Joel Stave in camp. And thanks to a bizarre window incident, they’ll be missing Heinicke for some time. I guess this at least sounds better than how Russell Martin was recently injured.

deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
queer

- - - Updated - - -

Of all the bizarre, random, and weird injuries we’ve ever shared at LBS, this belongs towards the top.Taylor Heinicke, a third-string quarterback with the Minnesota Vikings, could be out up to three months after severing a tendon in his left foot earlier this month trying to kick open a door.
The second-year quarterback from Old Dominion saw “The Conjuring 2” with a friend. The two returned to the friend’s home and realized they were locked out, so Heinicke tried kicking the door open. His plan failed.
Heinicke talked about the incident Thursday from Vikings camp.
“I was locked out of my house after a late-night movie,” Heinicke said via the Pioneer Press. “I came back and there’s no one home, and I’m trying to nudge the door a little. It was one of those double doors. I thought it just needed a little nudge.
“Me and my buddy were getting it going a little, but when I put my foot to the door, my foot kind of slipped and it went through a window. It was just kind of a freak accident. I’m very embarrassed, but I’m just excited getting going with rehab and trying to get this going as soon as possible.”
ESPN’s Ben Goessling says there was no foul play involved in the incident.
The Vikings are planning to open the season with Teddy Bridgewater and Shaun Hill atop their depth chart at quarterback. They also have Joel Stave in camp. And thanks to a bizarre window incident, they’ll be missing Heinicke for some time. I guess this at least sounds better than how Russell Martin was recently injured.

see post #16..........wide left

:;:cheers

MathewsZman

Founding Member
Founding Member
image.jpg

Joe

Founding Member
Founding Member
1 and 7 for the first half of the season due to the number of prime time games, they have two Monday night games in October alone. They'll finish out the season 7 and 9. Oline has barely been patched and loadholt is retiring, they wasted a first rounder on a butter fingers receiver, and didn't cut their pathetic punter/holder, if they were to reach the playoffs, their season is likely ending on a missed kick again.

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
Probably one of the worst analysis I have read yet.

He probably took it too far...but it's no more outlandish than you fellas that think they have Super Bowl aspirations every year;:;popcorn:;:stirthepot

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
13669667_1253297691348625_723726102291782516_n.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

USA Today sports section laid out their predictions for each team's record and then showed what they see happening in the playoffs:

AFC playoffs
Wild card: (3) Raiders def. (6) Jaguars; (4) Texans def. (5) Bengals

Divisional: (2) Patriots def. (3) Raiders; (1) Steelers def. (4) Texans
AFC Championship Game: (1) Steelers def. (2) Patriots
NFC playoffs
Wild card: (3) Panthers def. (6) Vikings, (5) Seahawks def. (4) Giants

Divisional: (1) Cardinals def. (5) Seahawks; (2) Packers def. (3) Panthers
NFC Championship Game: (1) Cardinals def. (2) Packers
Super Bowl LI: Steelers def. Cardinals

arrowdem

Founding Member
Founding Member
Screenshot_20170301-161637.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

USA Today sports section laid out their predictions for each team's record and then showed what they see happening in the playoffs:

AFC playoffs
Wild card: (3) Raiders def. (6) Jaguars; (4) Texans def. (5) Bengals

Divisional: (2) Patriots def. (3) Raiders; (1) Steelers def. (4) Texans
AFC Championship Game: (1) Steelers def. (2) Patriots
NFC playoffs
Wild card: (3) Panthers def. (6) Vikings, (5) Seahawks def. (4) Giants

Divisional: (1) Cardinals def. (5) Seahawks; (2) Packers def. (3) Panthers
NFC Championship Game: (1) Cardinals def. (2) Packers
Super Bowl LI: Steelers def. Cardinals

haha i coulda told you everyone will have vikes losing in first round hardly anyone has them winning the division and if you dont think that the division between green bay is absolutely 100% up in the air between the vikes in the packers right now then you know very little about football

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
i want him in our fantasy football league! talk about a cake walk, he seems like a first round taking drew brees kinda guy.... my favorite!

We had a guy like this...he tried to take as many Vikings as he could. He was usually out of it by week 4 or 5. Haha

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Record Noise Levels Expected at Minnesota Vikings' New Stadium

We’ve already gotten a couple of initial reports about how loud U.S. Bank Stadium could potentially be. In the lead up to the first game for the Minnesota Vikings in their new home, a local doctor has issued a warning to fans about how the volume could affect their health.

Dr. David Geddes, an audiologist for HealthPartners, has said that the noise levels in the stadium could be potentially damaging to a person’s hearing in the long-term. A one-time visit might not have any lasting effect, but according to Geddes it’s something that could build up over time.

According to the article from WCCO, the Vikings will be offering earplugs at the Guest Services section of U.S. Bank Stadium.

KFAN, the Vikings’ flagship radio station, says that the volume level was pretty high at the one sporting event that has been held at U.S. Bank Stadium already. A.J. Mansour was at the International Champions Cup soccer match between Chelsea and A.C. Milan on 3 August, and measured some of the noise levels. For the first goal that was scored, Mansour says that the noise levels inside the stadium reached as high as 105 decibels (dB).

For comparison, the sound of a lawn mower checks in at approximately 107 dB. As Mansour points out, this was for a goal that happened in a game that “maybe” 20% of the folks in the stadium really, really cared about. In a spot where the stadium’s primary resident does something of note in a game that about 95% of the fans in attendance will care about, I can imagine that it would get significantly louder.

We know that the Metrodome had the ability to get ridiculously loud. However, this old article from the Chicago Tribune says that the loudest sound levels recorded at the Metrodome were approximately 125 dB, and that took place during a World Series game between the Minnesota Twins and the St. Louis Cardinals back in 1987.

So yes, it appears that U.S. Bank Stadium is going to be ridiculously loud, and should serve to give the home team a tremendous home field advantage. If you’re going to be attending Vikings games at the stadium this year or at any time in the future, you might want to take advantage of those earplugs. After all, cheering for the Minnesota Vikings is awesome. . .but being able to hear people talk to you on the other 350+ days of the year is pretty awesome, too.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Teddy Bridgewater suffers 'significant knee injury' in practice

The Minnesota Vikings held quarterback Teddy Bridgewater out of their second preseason game, in part to avoid any injury exposure. But they couldn’t keep him from suffering a significant and possibly season-ending knee injury in practice on Tuesday.

Vikings coach Mike Zimmer said Bridgewater suffered a “significant knee injury” in practice, and he could miss the season. Zimmer didn’t know the extent of the injury during his press conference on Tuesday afternoon.

Zimmer said it was a non-contact injury.

“It was a freaky deal,” Zimmer said.

The way Zimmer spoke, it was obvious the team is preparing for Bridgewater’s injury to keep him out the entire season. Zimmer said he had spoken to Bridgewater’s mother “a couple times,” and also called coach Bill Parcells for advice. Zimmer said he and general manager Rick Spielman had already discussed the possibly acquiring a veteran quarterback. He spoke many times about how the team will overcome the injury, and mentioned examples of teams in the past who have lost their quarterback for the season.

Bridgewater was taken from the Vikings practice facility in an ambulance. Zimmer said Bridgewater was sedated at the hospital and was getting an MRI.

Brian Murphy of the St. Paul Pioneer Press and other reporters at practice said Bridgewater grabbed his left knee and it was immobilized. Teammates “freaked out” and were swearing and praying, Murphy said, and practice stopped.
The Vikings canceled the rest of practice, which is incredibly rare for a football team to do because of an injury.

“Today is a disappointing day,” Zimmer said. “The No. 1 thing is Teddy is such a great kid. Everybody loves him. They were disappointed and I didn’t think we were going to get much out of practice today.”

Veteran Shaun Hill is the Vikings’ backup. When Bridgewater was held out against the Seattle Seahawks in Minnesota’s second preseason game, as a precaution over a reported sore shoulder, Hill got the start.

It’s rare for a player to suffer a season-ending injury in practice, especially at the quarterback position. Hitting a quarterback is strictly off limits in almost every NFL practice. Bridgewater’s injury was mostly bad luck, it seems.

Bridgewater was a 2014 first-round pick and had some promising moments his first two seasons. His role in the offense was lessened last year because the team leaned on rushing champion Adrian Peterson, but he was still a big part of the Vikings winning the NFC North.

“Everybody can count us out, but I think that would be the wrong thing to do,” Zimmer said.

Ah man this sucks big time

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
One thing is there are a lot of quarterbacks out there for the taking it will all go down to what we are willing to pay, cousins, mcnown, or one of the Chiefs 5 QBS. Since we have a run first offense I hope we can get someone who can manage the clock efficiently.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe Peyton will come and play a season for us we seem to like the older washed up QBS Moon, Cunningham, George, Favre and maybe Peyton

deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
Maybe Peyton will come and play a season for us we seem to like the older washed up QBS Moon, Cunningham, George, Favre and maybe Peyton

I'm guessing it's always been Peytons dream to retire from a JV team!!

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah Yeah peckerwood it was just one of those what if scenarios, especially since Eli is in the NFC.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 90
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 70
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 63
  • This month: 56