NFL News (Vikings)

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Going into 2018 season we were looking at 57 mil and some change under our salary cap.
I think we defiantly need to pay Steffon nomore then 5yr 30-35mill
Now 2019 we have Barr, Kendricks, Rudolph, and Hunter all key players for our defense
Need to get rid of Newman

- - - Updated - - -

So, without any further ado, here is the new list of Vikings’ draft picks for this year’s selection meeting.

Round 1, Pick #30
Round 2, Pick #30 (#62 overall)
Round 3, Pick #30 (#94 overall)
Round 5, Pick #30 (#167 overall)
Round 6, Pick #30 (#204 overall)
Round 6, Pick #39 (#213 overall, Compensatory selection)
Round 6, Pick #44 (#218 overall, Compensatory selection)
Round 7, Pick #7 (#225 overall, from Denver in Trevor Siemian trade)

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
The part that really surprised me on Cousin's deal is it is all guaranteed. Wow they better hope he doesn't get hurt.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
He was the best bang for buck qb, cousins always put up stellar numbers in Washington. 3-4000yds and 25+ tds I have read reports that there was other teams willing to pay more then 28 mil guaranteed. I suspect the cards or jets would have in a heartbeat.

tman

Founding Member
Founding Member
It isn't a terrible amount considering the salary cap is going to go up every year I read he is only like a 24 mil cap hit this year rodgers is going to be getting a new deal in the near future and he will be getting mid 30s a year. Hell the niners gave garrappolo 27.5 mil a year and hes only played in 7 games

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Vikings have a short window with defensive players coming up for FA. They needed to get the best of what's available. Rogers, Brady, Brees - not available (even though Brees was shortly, we all knew he'd stay with Who Dat). Kirk Cousins is an upgrade from any of the other question marks we had, so ownership went out and took a gamble. Big gamble, yes, but necessary to ensure we got him and didn't have to go crawling back to Keenum to beg. This ownership is serious about a championship and I appreciate the gamble as a fan. Now we need to protect the investment, expect some OL moves/drafts before next season to insure the guaranteed money.

pluckem

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nobody knows how this will all turn out could be bad could be good. But it is interesting to see how polar peoples reactions are to this. Look at the positives of it all. The guy seems to be of high character, has faith, works hard, is humble, still in his prime, and arguably is the most talented option that was on the table right now.

Would you rather the ownership be more like the Twins and never put down the money to retain or bring in big talent?

Quarterbacks get paid... they just do. Its easy to tear apart a decision but what alternative would you propose?

Coyote Hunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
How well has it worked for the Vikings to have a mediocre QB (maybe bottom 3rd in the league) leading the team? They need to try something new to get over the hump and I am fired up with the idea of the Vikings being set at QB. Any team that has a franchise QB has a risk of injury and if any of those teams lose their QB they will be in trouble for that year (ex. Packers). It is a 3 year deal, not a 10 year deal so the risk is minimal.

It amuses me how people are so upset with this deal. The alternative was to pay Keenum $3 million less a year than Cousins and hope that he didn't play above his skills last year. The chance of a regression were very high. Look at what Teddy, Case, and Bradford got paid. If you think the Vikings made a mistake, what do you think of the Broncos, Jets, and Arizona? If you take away those four options... what do you suggest were the Viking's other options???

I think the Vikings absolutely did the right thing! Skol Vikings!

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
How well has it worked for the Vikings to have a mediocre QB (maybe bottom 3rd in the league) leading the team? They need to try something new to get over the hump and I am fired up with the idea of the Vikings being set at QB. Any team that has a franchise QB has a risk of injury and if any of those teams lose their QB they will be in trouble for that year (ex. Packers). It is a 3 year deal, not a 10 year deal so the risk is minimal.

It amuses me how people are so upset with this deal. The alternative was to pay Keenum $3 million less a year than Cousins and hope that he didn't play above his skills last year. The chance of a regression were very high. Look at what Teddy, Case, and Bradford got paid. If you think the Vikings made a mistake, what do you think of the Broncos, Jets, and Arizona? If you take away those four options... what do you suggest were the Viking's other options???

I think the Vikings absolutely did the right thing! Skol Vikings!

:;:exactly

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you want to drive to the coleharbor bar an hour after the NFC championship game to payout $100 for a packer Super Bowl appearance, I'll be there. For a bonus, I'll hand out an extra 5 grand if the vikings win the NFC championship game. Also, if spielman is still the vikings gm on April 28th, come by again for another $500

hi

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
well how's it going stranger did you finally get back on the wagon or did you finally pay your internet bill? What ever it is there is no excuse for not posting atleast once a day sheesh you would think by now that you would have responsibilities to your online brotheren. I almost was going to start my own thread wondering where dirtykurty was but I didn't :;:cheers
What have u been up beside all week benders

Stan's Dad

★★★★★ Legendary Member
well how's it going stranger did you finally get back on the wagon or did you finally pay your internet bill? What ever it is there is no excuse for not posting atleast once a day sheesh you would think by now that you would have responsibilities to your online brotheren. I almost was going to start my own thread wondering where dirtykurty was but I didn't :;:cheers
What have u been up beside all week benders

dont try so hard. please

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Stans dad you deserve all kinds of thumbs up for that post. Make me laugh Stan make me laugh you liberal snowflake

Rut2much

Founding Member
Founding Member
CF9C3C22-58E8-458E-BCF2-BD8721D08706.jpg
Am I the only one that sees shit like this from my couch?

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Rut2much - there isn't a corner deep on the bottom that's off the screen?

I thought this was a really, really ugly game. Can't believe we scored 37 points...Yes, Thielen's legend continues to grow with every week. Did he lose a tooth on that hit across the middle?

thriller1

Founding Member
Founding Member
They'll maybe be a wildcard team at best. I'm a huge vikes fan and I tell you I love DVR. I do not sacrifice my hunting and fishing for a mediocre team in a sport that's in the shitter. When I'm fishing or hunting I keep the radio off; or listen to my favorite bands. After I clean my fish or game (if successful) I'll shower and clean up then watch the game. I can do it in 45 minutes. Beats wasting most of my Sunday......

Rut2much

Founding Member
Founding Member
Balls in the center's hands still and game clock at 0.. Wasnt one word said about it by the announcers and nothing on the Vikings sidelines. Turned into a 20 yard pass originally called a touchdown but called back and put at the half yard line. I just found it crazy that not a word was mentioned is all.
If vikes don't dominate on defense and/or getting a turnover or 3 a game they're not dominant enough to beat really good teams week in and out.. Zimmer is a Helluva a defensive minded guy but he doesn't know how to step on an opponent's throat towards the end.
And Cousins needs to learn pocket presence, a late growth spurt in life and/or to figure out how to stop throwing at the opponent's arms so ungodly-like.. A win is a win is a win, but good teams dominate bad teams and although the score looked like less of a game than it was today; the Jets played God awful today.
Wonder where Kleiman will be in 5 years..

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
How about those Vikings ;:;rofland Packers ;:;rofl today!!! ;:;barf

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry I posted this in the wrong forum.................V.....can you please move this to the Ha Ha forum. :;:stirthepot

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 167
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76