Monster muskie

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
Can you ship some of these big expensive lures over from little Minneapolis? I'll get my 10 foot trolling rod out and slap some hundred pound test on it and give it a whirl

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
I saw a bunch of musky guys tossing those giant lures on Leech last weekend. I took a beating on the walleye fishing thanks to the multi-decade record mayfly hatch that had to hit right before I got there. I did catch one though, ha ha.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
my dumbass buddy Jeff caught one on leach lake about 20 years ago while we were pulling lindy rigs for eyes.
It was a fun ordeal to watch, and even better when it busted his line right next to the boat.

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
Awesome fish, but how many times does a guy have to say it. It's not a state record unless it is officially weighed on a certified scale with a witness.

- - - Updated - - -

I see it will be a record on the new length program. ND should have that program as well as the weight program.
That would be sweet if ND had a records by length program going.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Imagine the fun of measuring an eel.

- - - Updated - - -

It hurts Jeff when you call him a dumbass. Most "Jeffs" I know are witty and intelligent. Even the "Geoffs".

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
they are that big in Audubon - but nobody is using the $50 lures necessary to entice them

muskies are the french poodles of fish - very persnickety

I don't think--not yet.

They stocked pure strain about 25yrs ago and they sort of disappeared without any notice or fanfare. The lifespan can be up to 20yrs...I read G&F thinks most were kept mistakenly as pike. I don't know why there wouldn't have been any natural reproduction but again no evidence. I would like to think you're correct and there's a couple coot/cormorant eating beasts lurking about.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
No input MM or MSA?...My armchair theory is they're going to have difficulty establishing due to the abundance of pike. My "hammer handle" experience from shore is minimal. There's some nice fish to be had in there. A quick average in my head would be nine lbs.

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
They seem to survive in the canal despite the rediculous amounts of hammer handles.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
That's what I was getting at. Would there be less predation from the HH?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 115
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 69