It's Hot

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
A piece of pvc pipe through wall and just cap it when not in use.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ha ha your states name starts with "South" , Us Northerners really know what cold is..............................;:;rofl

I guess after spending over 10 years of my career as a heavy diesel field tech working and living from a service truck all year left a bad taste in my mouth doing major repairs in the middle of winter then spending countless hours soaking in a tub when I got home trying to get color and feeling back into my body kind of takes the fun out of winter, I lose feeling in my fingers and hands once the temps get below freezing really fast no matter the quality of glove anymore. I am sure I have had minor frost bite numerous times over the years.

I get that stuff as pouring concrete all winter sucks especially when a truck driver sprays you with 180 degree water and you are froze like an ice Berg 10 minutes later and it is second truck of a 400 yard pour. Or pump truck freezes up. Or trucks are jelling up and switching fuel filters. Just to get the mud out you added high early to already. Even after all that it is better than 100 to me. Replacing tracks on the d8 in January really sucks.

Wild and Free

Founding Member
Founding Member
I can always add more layers. I can't get more naked.

Adding more layers back then before all the high tech light weight insulation made it hard to function as a mechanic in tight spaces and one still had to work bare handed most of the time in sub zero temps and wind.
Adding layers and trying to function was sort of like this scene from the movie 'A Christmas story"

- - - Updated - - -

13718611_1673620009630332_3295161374294829157_n.jpg

NodakBuckeye

Founding Member
Founding Member
Have visited family in KC, St. Louis and this past week and am in Ohio for the next few days. First time out of ND in 3 summers. I am pretty sure I could cook rice in my shorts. Hazy, Hot and Humid. People actually like hearing those words. I do not miss it one bit

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
The south doesn't get any more humid then we do. They just don't get the breaks like we do. We get super humid for a couple days then big front comes through and do clears the air for a few days.

Wild and Free

Founding Member
Founding Member
The south doesn't get any more humid then we do. They just don't get the breaks like we do. We get super humid for a couple days then big front comes through and do clears the air for a few days.

Humid on the open plains and humid in the woods valleys and draws of say Missouri where one can't beg for a breeze is a totally different world.

I spent a few days at lake of the Ozarks last July and I have never felt humid like that in my life. The lake temps were in the 80's just like Nelson Lake here locally.

Last edited:

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yes but your basing that on wind that we don't always have especially if your in a sheltered area .

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 118
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 96
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 70