weather

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
Eastern half of MT forecasted to get 1-4 inches by Sunday. It's needed big time. As much as many of us would like to be walleye fishing those rivers need the boost. Should dry up just in time for beet harvest.

★★★★★ Legendary Member
It rained for 19 1/2 hours straight yesterday and looks like it's gonna start again soon today.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sorry to hear that it's been dry Kurtr
If we can't get it to rain on the protesters we had little shot of it being triggered by the power wow.

- - - Updated - - -

we're a long ways from the pelican ramp being usable, arent we? Has the lake been coming up much with all this rain?
The lake has almost perfectly level since last fall.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
We finally get to hunt ducks but then it rains Wednesday through Sunday........ Great

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
We finally get to hunt ducks but then it rains Wednesday through Sunday........ Great

I hear ya, some may call me a pussy...but hunting in a downpour is for the younger crowd.
I once had a pretty legit spring snow goose hunt in the rain something like 53 or so with 2 or 3 of us and ill be honest it was the most miserable 53 fkn birds I ever killed and don't care to hunt in downpours anymore. light drizzle fine, steady rain nope. I cant even remember the total number honest cuz I got a flat tire to boot and got to change that as well.

- - - Updated - - -

oh and I got home woke up the next morning to another flat. I brought it in to NW tire in Mandan and the guy came back holding like 3-4 screws and said " you got screwed" literally!

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
A guy would think with the pow wow down there it would of poured from the heavens. I will call Hilliary see if she can make it rain for you.

Spelled wrong but I am going to make a bold prediction that the name Hillary will not be at the top of the most common baby girls names for many years to come.:;:muahaha

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
The lake came up a little as the docks had to be raised. I think it's a saturation issue and once the sheyenne yells uncle then the pelican ramp will come back into picture. IMO this fall rain stuff I don't like it could be a snow fest this winter. The rains in msp wow. Most of the trees were in water last weekend on the way to see bison. Iowas rivers were all high. The diversion talk was going away it may rear its ugly head

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
More Rain!!!!! Quack Quack all this rain this late in the year will cause some serious problems this spring of we get any significant snow. Also I have seen at least a dozen twin fawns, one triplet, and a moose with twins. Yeah the bull was tagging along just on the outskirts waiting for a little something or other.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
The lake came up a little as the docks had to be raised. I think it's a saturation issue and once the sheyenne yells uncle then the pelican ramp will come back into picture. IMO this fall rain stuff I don't like it could be a snow fest this winter. The rains in msp wow. Most of the trees were in water last weekend on the way to see bison. Iowas rivers were all high. The diversion talk was going away it may rear its ugly head

Yeah they had enough to have to pull up posable but she has stayed with in 6 inches of 50 feet for the last year or so. The big thing is its rising during the time where it should be in peak drop so it definitely set the stage for a big rise next year if this winter is wet.

Screenshot_20160925-152223.jpg

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
So your saying the DL basin is gonna have sheet water for the spring snows this year..... At least that's what I'm getting from this Thumbs Up

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't know everyone keeps saying it's been a wet summer so we are going to get dumped on but from what I'm used to seeing it's tends to flip to the reverse about every four to five months. Seems like if it's a wet summer it's a dry winter if it's a wet winter it's a dry summer. This winter is forecast to be cold with equal chances on precipitation but La Nina does have a slight tendency to be dryer then wet and that's what I'm hoping for because we need at least one more year to build on the deer and goats heards back before thay can take another hit.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Talk about some serious wind today, even seen a few muskrat huts in the cat tails today. Seems a little early for building though, I hope it not a bad omen for deep snow.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Grand Forks, ND (WDAY/WDAZ TV) - The weather was gorgeous in Grand Forks but the National Weather Service is warning this could change.

Weather patterns have been closely watched because many people believe this year will result in a colder and wetter La Nina year.

That pattern frequently follows El Nino but as fall marches on that is looking less likely. The National Weather Service says this winter is part of a neutral or normal trend though still colder and wetter than last year.
"The past two winters have been warm and with not a lot of snow. So with even a return to quote unquote normal would be in comparison colder and snowier than we have seen in the past couple years. So it may be a shock to the system to those who are new to the area or who have short memories," said Jennifer Ritterling, Meteorologist.
The National Weather Service says it is too early to estimate snowfall amounts.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 118
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 98
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 90
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 69