weather

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Todays long green and yellow line goes all the way through Texas.

Achucker

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Did you read the article it says wetter and colder from December through February. So I think it's on track per the article but we will have to wait and see.

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
its winter some years its going to snow some years it isnt so much from my observation.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Did you read the article it says wetter and colder from December through February. So I think it's on track per the article but we will have to wait and see.

Not to Lunk, ol Lunk himself, but I think what he was trying to say is that this was a La Nina affected winter season, as was last year. The problem with that statement is that while true, last year was a very rare outlier for the net results of a La Nina being in place. In general we should be cooler and near normal to above normal precip. I don't know all the details, but the people who keep tabs on this were disappointed in how the ocean and atmosphere did not interact in the manner expected. This year has thus far been much more in keeping with the NWS' expectations for a La Nina in our area. Beautifully warm Indian Summer, followed by a plunge into winter. We were a little late with the plunge, but it sure looks like winter now around here.

I think the one thing that has surprised me so far is that our wild swings from one end of the spectrum to the other (both with temps and precip) tend to be 1-2 week long swings on average. But thus far it seems like we've been seeing swings that go 2-4 weeks. That makes for a brutally cold stretch when we go into January with a downward swing.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hows that long term wishful thinking working for you Lunk? So we've already received more snow/moisture in December than all of last winter and it's wayyyyy colder. Am I here gloating, pretty much, lol ;:;rofl

Good I will take it I like me some snow saves on the heating bill extra insulation for the roof, sewer system and drain field. It's all good and happy I was wrong

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
If I remember right in the early 90's 93 or 94 we got like 104" of snow down here. LB

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Winter of 96-97 was the year that the Red River valley got hit with over a 100 inches of snow

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 167
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76