weather

fireone

★★★★★ Legendary Member
3.2" north of Litchville. Even some water back in the cattails now.

SLE

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Uhhhh, did you actually read the article you posted or ANY other long term winter forcast for ND? Last year we had Zero snow and one of the warmest winters of the past few decades. The big lake had one of yet latest freeze dates and earliest ice outs in our record keeping history. This year is forecast is for below normal temps and possibly a wetter cycle depending how the jet stream sets up. The rockiest are expected to be above average for precip. I’m not even sure they hit 80% of average last year. From what I’ve read this is the typical setup when you have back to back La Niña cycles. U been smokin the wacky tabacy again lunk?

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yes we are in the middle where we could see a lot of snow or a little snow we are in the middle on all three maps which is the east side of the state west side dependant on the la Nina so yeah it looks to be a lot of the same weather as it was last year since we are looking at another la Nina system. So yeah I did read the
Very similar to last year

Screenshot_20211024-123819_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20211024-123832_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20211024-123856_Chrome.jpg

2020-2021

Screenshot_20211024-124931_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20211024-124940_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20211024-124950_Chrome.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Uhhhh, did you actually read the article you posted or ANY other long term winter forcast for ND? Last year we had Zero snow and one of the warmest winters of the past few decades. The big lake had one of yet latest freeze dates and earliest ice outs in our record keeping history. This year is forecast is for below normal temps and possibly a wetter cycle depending how the jet stream sets up. The rockiest are expected to be above average for precip. I’m not even sure they hit 80% of average last year. From what I’ve read this is the typical setup when you have back to back La Niña cycles. U been smokin the wacky tabacy again lunk?

Yes bud I understood what you are saying you are hoping for an above normal year of snow accumulation if you are the western part of the state optimism is what you want. I get it bud

SLE

★★★★★ Legendary Member
So your maps that you post shows ND in the darker blue shading for heavily favored chance of below average temps and the precip map is showing shading of white and blue covering the state for average and above average precip and your saying “just like last year”. Put down the crack pipe dude, that’s nothing like the drought and record warm temps across the state last year.

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Why would you trust a government agency like the NWS anyway? They're more likely to be wrong than accurate within a 10-day forecast yet alone a 3-month prediction. Can't even predict the damn wind from day to day in ND! Cloud seeding anyone?

My accurate prediction for this winter is that the days will be cold and short, nights will be cold and dark.

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
The most accurate forecast there is, whatever is coming is coming, set back and relax

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I for one an happy with the outlook for this year's winter season, which to me is a lot like last year. Normal to warmer temps because with propane prices as they are this year it would be even worse for heating costs so yeah same as last year is what I'm looking for.

SLE

★★★★★ Legendary Member
This U.S. Winter Outlook 2021-2022 map for temperature shows warmer-than-average conditions across the South and most of the eastern U.S., while below average temperatures are favored for southeast Alaska and the Pacific Northwest eastward to the Northern Plains.

^^^^^^^this comes directly from your link Lunk. Last time I checked Nodak is part of the Northern Plains. Pretty sure your maps show an above average chance of below average temp and basically a 50/50 on the moisture pointing towards normal precip. So there's that, and the fact that last year was the 6th warmest winter on record for ND. Lake Sakakawea had the latest freeze date in its history on Jan 24th beating out the previous record by 6 days. And yet you think this winter is going to be like last? I mean your welcome to be optimistic but the data and what you posted say otherwise.
[h=1]Lunk, you can wish in one hand, shit in the other, see which one fills up first. but If I'm a betting man I'll take the later.[/h]

snow1

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Dang, I keep forgetting to check the dates on these threads...Went thru all 5 pages after viewing the hot blond lunk posted in 2016...lol

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 110
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 80
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 69
  • This month: 67