Deal Alert!

jr2280

Founding Member
Founding Member
Remember that cheaper than dirt was the first place to take advantage of the Sandy Hook BS overcharging. The. First place to sale $100 a piece for Pmags. That alone warrants me never to give one single penny I have earned to that place ever again for the rest of my life. There are more I don't like about them but that was the kicker. I'll buy Pmags for $8 all day long instead.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Remember that cheaper than dirt was the first place to take advantage of the Sandy Hook BS overcharging. The. First place to sale $100 a piece for Pmags. That alone warrants me never to give one single penny I have earned to that place ever again for the rest of my life. There are more I don't like about them but that was the kicker. I'll buy Pmags for $8 all day long instead.

They were also one of the 1st to jack 22lr ammo way outta sight too. I refuse to even click on their website.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Dick's Sporting Goods is another that won't see a nickel from me. They caved and pulled all the AR's off the shelf post-Sandy Hook. Given the chance of a face-to-face with any of their Sr. Corp management however I'd be happy to procure them a shiny new hammer and at least 1 dump-truck load of sand.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
To play devil's advocate for a moment, do you guys know what the markup is on things you buy every day? Furniture is 500-1,000%. Ever buy a beer at a bar? Hot dog at a ball game? Snickers at a gas station?

What you're selling is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it. Now, CTD probably went too far and pissed off customers. But if they jacked up the price "too far," what price would be the "right" price? Who decides? Pretty subjective...

(The answer to "who decides how far is too far?" is THE CONSUMER.)

Discuss amongst yourselves...

Fly Carpin

Founding Member
Founding Member
To play devil's advocate for a moment, do you guys know what the markup is on things you buy every day? Furniture is 500-1,000%. Ever buy a beer at a bar? Hot dog at a ball game? Snickers at a gas station?

What you're selling is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it. Now, CTD probably went too far and pissed off customers. But if they jacked up the price "too far," what price would be the "right" price? Who decides? Pretty subjective...

You almost sound like we live in some sort of free market, capitalist society. For shame sir.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member

They're free to charge whatever they want for whatever they own. I'm free to not buy it. I'm also free to remind folks how they operate. I'm not saying "Don't buy there.", I'm just reminding folks with whom they may be doing business.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member

I believe that 1,000% figure on prescription eyewear and drugs - but furniture? That seems a tish high.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
These are never under 59.99. So that's a buy, also a good reel.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I bet they are closing them out with the new president design coming out this fall.

The Outfitters has some pretty decent deals on rods and I saw they had the strike master lithium auger for 349.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Federal has a $.05 per round rebate on most of their 223/556 ammo. That works out to $50 off per 1,000 rounds. A few places are selling 55gr and 62gr FMJ for $299 shipped. Here are links to the rebate as well as a couple sellers I like to buy my ammo from:

https://www.federalpremium.com/downloads/promotions/FP1417_AE5.56and223promo_web_f.pdf

http://www.sgammo.com/

https://www.targetsportsusa.com/

- - - Updated - - -

FYI, if you know anything about the regular price of XM193 and XM855, with the rebate it's currently selling at or below cost. I imagine Federal is just trying to keep from laying people off.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 116
  • This month: 106
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 69