Well this is going to get interesting

muddy11

Founding Member
Founding Member
Don't these protesters have jobs they need to be getting back to? Oh, wait................

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
if the road is still shut down come labor day weekend --- it may be time to do a NDA gun range campout get rready for hunting season blast on the res side of the river. Come roll in from the south - and see how long it takes until they try to remove us. First thing to set up is a gun range, beer coolers and more. I can see it now - a bunch of 15s and a50 cal crackling at the newly formed range.

They'll be traveling north in order to make the All Nations Powwow. Do you know those hills and valleys as well as these people? You planning on wearing a cowboy hat with one side of the brim pulled up and carry long leather gloves over y'er coat???

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
WASHINGTON, D.C. - No decision has been made today in federal court regarding the construction of the Dakota Access Pipeline near Cannon Ball, N.D.
Judge James E. Boarsberg says the main legal issue is the consultation factor between the Tribes & Army Corps of Engineers.
Boarsberg said he will issue his opinion by September 9 and an appeal hearing has been set for September 14 if the Tribes or Corps of Engineers is unhappy with the decision.

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
Coincidental that it's the same weekend as the Pow Wow and the day AFTER the 'other' lawsuit filed by the pipeline?

I sense something NOT GOOD going down that weekend, folks.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
So what's the over under on someone dieing before this is all said and done?

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nobody on either side has enough at stake to die for IMO. This seems almost boring in its purpose. Manufactured as it were.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm with guy on this. What do they have to gain if they do something stupid? They're there because it's the cool thing to do now. Protest and obstruct the normal flow of society.

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
They will end up giving them(the tribe) millions for their hurt feelings and all will be well. Mark my words.

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
It seems like mostly a publicity stunt. So worried about the environment, yet as many have stated most reservations are a mess with garbage quite prevalent. They seem to talk a good talk but certainly don't walk the walk. There are exceptions as I have seen some very well-kept homes and yards on reservations but I can't say it's common.

Then you have the 3 Affiliated Tribes in support and much of that oil is coming from that reservation and has helped that reservation immensely. Others have mentioned that they are camped on Corp land. Personally I don't have any idea of where they are camped other than it's certainly not on the reservation since the pipeline doesn't cross the reservation. If not corp land than I have to assume it's someone's private land. If it's private I can't understand any landowner (unless it's a member of the tribe) putting up with that mess. Will be interesting to see who cleans up the area when it's over. If it is indeed corp land than how do they allow the protesters to stay when they would not allow any other group to camp out on that land.

I am by nature not racist in any manner or form but it's things like this that irritate me to no end. Any protest should have happened when the hearings were being held. From my information there was no testimony against it from anyone representing the tribe. For me it's not the idea that they don't have a right to protest, it's how they go about it and how it always ends up with the race card being played.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
You don't understand directly because of your white privilege. It's hard to realize that just you being white is in itself grounds to consider you a racist

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm with guy on this. What do they have to gain if they do something stupid? They're there because it's the cool thing to do now. Protest and obstruct the normal flow of society.

Ahhhhhh you do know who we are talking about here right! Logic is often not the first one in line with this group. You have nut jobs from the outside of all races starting to lead the way now so all bets are off. Some of the threats being leveled by some have an air of truth behind them. We have a large group of people here who feel marginalized and more or less abandoned and the more press this gets the more I think their commitment will grow and at this point the sky's the limit on how far some will be willing to take this. Not necessarily talking about a full on attack but someone sniping a bulldozer driver from a hidden spot or something trying to intimidate the rest of the crew. It's going to come down to how many Russell Means type of guys are in the group trying to ramp up the rhetoric.

- - - Updated - - -

Guywhofishes are we running some sort of Internet relay race with this never ending Activity Award swapping!:;:cheers

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
If they flat out murder a guy, may God have mercy on their souls. The sky is not falling dean

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
Maybe after all this some oil companies will pick up and move off of the Rez.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
If they flat out murder a guy, may God have mercy on their souls. The sky is not falling dean
If you think some of these people wouldn't be willing to take it to 11 your kidding yourself. There are guys down there that are full on crazy and this type of situation will embolden them. Especially since with so many angry people in a small area they know they can easily disappear back into the crowd after the act. The longer this goes on the higher the tension will get raising the likelihood of a violent encounter by the day.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ever see the show gang land? Well the pine ridge crew had their own show. They are no joke and will take crazy to the next level. Now they are the 1%ers but don't underestimate things could get real Western or hood depending on you want to look at it if things go the wrong way.

- - - Updated - - -

Also cannonball after dark is not a place I would be.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 160
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 80