Well this is going to get interesting

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Good question. The tribe has hunting and fishing rights to the center of the river channel. Something missing from this whole process was spill model data. It was never considered. This was an argument the tribe actually won in court. A cleanup/response plan was also not provided. So the effects down stream are kind of hard to quantify.

- - - Updated - - -

Where is the spill model data?

If the tribe gave one fuck about hunting and fishing they might enforce a little game management. Could have some world class hunting but...... I hear oh our water supply well it is down here right by out water supply and at what depth does oil sink i guess maybe in bizzaro world but not the real world. This is like a segment on mnf Come on man

TripleSK

Established Member
Do you think the Tribal Chairman, No DAPL Dave, has any fault? Why didn't the SRST attend the meetings in Bismarck about the permit and raise questions. The state and county has no authority to remove the protestors off Federal Corp land. Plus Hiding Heidi didn't come down or even say anything to help the cause and get all of the paid protestors out of North Dakota. Someone who shares a BIG part of the blame is no longer President of the United States. I believe Obummer's visit to Standing rock a couple years before DAPL was a notice of the pipeline and that Obummer administration encouraged that protestors from all over the world will come in for the "good of the cause".

Oh ya...about the north of Bismarck route....do you even realize the refinery has a gas pipeline that runs N of Bismarck. You know...that that flammable stuff that YOUR CAR runs on. Or do you one of those electric Hybrid cars that get the electricity from coal...another fossil fuel. Even your clothes are made out of fossil fuel by products.

You might want to consider sitting this thread out!!! Just saying....you won't get many that follow your views. Hello.....McFly!!!

Not nearily as much as Dalrymple or Kirschmeief. Were you there to count how many people were there from SRST? And as you’re right that they don’t have authority, it’s still relevant because they both operated under the same circumstance as dealing with protesters. And that’s her agenda, she didn’t back anyone, so she rode the fence about it. And I doubt it was a notice for protestors to go down there to protest.

Also everyone says there’s a gas pipeline where DAPL went through, that’s the same gas pipeline as the one N of Bismarck correct? So what’s the difference?

Im all for employment and creating a better life for individuals, but if it puts people’s god given rights at stake, then you need to reevalute things.

As for the clothes on my back, I work to put those there along with the gas in my vehicle just like you, not saying I believe in electricity because that’s not the only way to create energy.

And I don’t need people to follow my views but rather respect them. People have no respect or acknowledge other peoples opinions because what’s right in their mind is the only way which in reality isn’t.

deactivated

★★ Legendary Member
North of Bismarck was the original crossing requested by DAPL. But it wasn't the people of Bismarck/Mandan that blew a nut. The Corp ruled it out immediately for several reasons. One of which there were existing pipelines and other safety concerns. So yes it was considered and the Corp. said nope.

- - - Updated - - -

The bottom line is this was always about money with the tribe. They were offered a nice sum but at the last minute they thought they could hold DAPL hostage and get more out of them. They didn't know DAPL had an alternate route off the res if things fell through. They fell through and all of a sudden it's about water lol. Few are dumb enough to believe that shit.

The application with the state is pretty clear about which tribe was being negotiated with and it was not SR. Over 3600 post in this threat. That's a lot of BS.

- - - Updated - - -

If the tribe gave one fuck about hunting and fishing they might enforce a little game management. Could have some world class hunting but...... I hear oh our water supply well it is down here right by out water supply and at what depth does oil sink i guess maybe in bizzaro world but not the real world. This is like a segment on mnf Come on man

So no spill data or models. Got it. Moving on.

TripleSK

Established Member

They do have world class animals coming outta there, but they sell too many nonmember tags because non members shoot the bucks with potential. If you had the money I don’t put it past you to buy a tag down there, because you wanna get a piece of the pie for big deer. If you’re against the tribe for standing their ground in what they believe in, then don’t hunt there. Simple.

sweeney

Founding Member
Founding Member
don't put this shit on every native out there that is complete bullshit, and the blatant running down of people based on where they live, give me a break, it's not the 1800's. There are definitely problems on the reservations no doubt and there is funding provided to them from our tax money, but come on some of this shit is down right wrong and not even factual. Me personally I decided to stay out of PKC based on the actions they took in the protest but I will be damned if I judge everyone on standing rock for the NODAPL BS. Some of the most solid people I know are natives, from all over the country, don't lump an entire culture together with the paid protesters and riot instigators.
Us living here know how much "fake news" was spread all over the world and how much bullshit was shoved down peoples throats just to get both sides riled up. The Morton county guys and NDNG did a hell of a job with the hand they were dealt in the situation by isolating and showing extreme control and patience in a time of chaos. While I think the leaders of Standing rock did the extreme opposite and fueled a fire for the wrong reasons. But to make this a white man red man issue is so fucking dumb on both sides.

Last edited:

deactivated

★★ Legendary Member
To begin with, DAPL met with SR, which is the 2014 meeting that was mentioned above where they objected to the line. That’s fine. But that really throws a wrench into the whole “we weren’t informed” lie that they led off with. And then with the 7 individual attempts the Corps tried to meet with the tribe, which could have actually done something productive, the tribe either refused or stood up the meeting. Then, with publicly announced PSC meetings, which also could have been productive as demonstrated by the landowners of Morton county getting some of the concessions they wanted from DAPL were taken into consideration and changes made, not a single representative of SR was present. Then the protesters, allied with the tribe, told an unreal amount of lies and spread the bullshit far and wide on Facebook. I lost track of just how many. But yeah. Let’s blame the cops.

So you didn't read the applications??

TripleSK

Established Member
I for one blame the Standing Rock people 100% for the mess they caused. Once again the white man had to clean up their mess. I HATE the fact that My tax dollars support the tribes. You want to be a sovereign nation, pay your own bills.

As a matter of fact, I believe the tribe cleaned it up on their own. They might’ve used heavy machinery from else where, but they cleaned it up on their own. And how does your tax dollars go to Tribes?

deactivated

★★ Legendary Member
im-a-water-protector.jpg

This is funny ^^^^.

Because I actually am one, unlike people who riot and destroy property when they're "helping".

You are such a warrior. Thank you for your service.

TripleSK

Established Member
don't put this shit on every native out there that is complete bullshit, and the blatant running down of people based on where they live, give me a break, it's not the 1800's. There are definitely problems on the reservations no doubt and there is funding provided to them from our tax money, but come on some of this shit is down right wrong and not even factual. Me personally I decided to stay out of PKC based on the actions they took in the protest but I will be damned if I judge everyone on standing rock for the NODAPL BS. Some of the most solid people I know are natives, from all over the country, don't lump an entire culture together with the paid protesters and riot instigators.
Us living here know how much "fake news" was spread all over the world and how much bullshit was shoved down peoples throats just to get both sides riled up. The Morton county guys and NDNG did a hell of a job with the hand they were dealt in the situation by isolating and showing extreme control and patience in a time of chaos. While I think the leaders of Standing rock did the extreme opposite and fueled a fire for the wrong reasons. But to make this a white man red man issue is so fucking dumb on both sides.

I like this guy, he see’s the bigger picture than most of you pricks who think natives shouldn’t have a right.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
To say this is over clean water is BS. If a rupture would occur in the oil pipeline, yes their water would be lost, but only for a very short time. With todays technology and massive pumps and piping, even with the amount of tankers they could get to haul water, they wouldn't be without water very long. At least until they got something permanent figured out.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
You are such a warrior. Thank you for your service.

My inventions have probably done more to genuinely affect change in the drinking water protection business than any other North Dakotan alive big-shot.

PM me for details.

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
As a matter of fact, I believe the tribe cleaned it up on their own. They might’ve used heavy machinery from else where, but they cleaned it up on their own. And how does your tax dollars go to Tribes?

I believe tribe members helped clean as well as a lot of other people. Also as a company hired and paid by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers from Florida.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/mar/1/dakota-access-protest-camp-crews-haul-48-million-p/

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/mar/13/dakota-access-case-army-finishes-11-million-cleanu/

TripleSK

Established Member
I believe tribe members helped clean as well as a lot of other people. Also as a company hired and paid by theU.S. Army Corps of Engineers from Florida.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/mar/1/dakota-access-protest-camp-crews-haul-48-million-p/

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/mar/13/dakota-access-case-army-finishes-11-million-cleanu/

I stand half corrected, but thanks for the links to show it. I knew it wasn’t the state who cleaned it by theirselves.

deactivated

★★ Legendary Member
My inventions have probably done more to genuinely affect change in the drinking water protection business than any other North Dakotan alive big-shot.

PM me for details.

Cool story. You should be proud.

Don't wait up for that PM. I seriously do not care.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I believe tribe members helped clean as well as a lot of other people. Also as a company hired and paid by theU.S. Army Corps of Engineers from Florida.

I stand half corrected, but thanks for the links to show it. I knew it wasn’t the state who cleaned it by theirselves.

The company that that cleaned it is from South Dakota. It’s a fact not a guess or an assumption.

deactivated

★★ Legendary Member
you’re such a cuck - what’s yer deal? why do you even spend time here if you’re so miserable?

Don't be a snowflake. There are over 3600 posts on this thread and a lot of hate spewing shit. If you are going to pull out a internet police badge at least be fair at call out the real hateful assholes. I been around a lot longer than you think so if I was so miserable, I would have as many posts as you. As far as my deal, maybe I just like standing up to assholes. I don't know I guess.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 162
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76