Well this is going to get interesting

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had to laugh reading about these dip shits setting up the camp for winter and talking about making it a permanent place. First off I look forward to watching them protest at 10 below in 30 mile an hour winds. As for making the camp permanent well that ought to be interesting when 3/4's of it are under water when the lake comes up....be even more fun if we can get a cannonball river flood timed with peak lake level. How clueless do you have to be to not understand the most basic of situations.....you know like building on Lake bed = bad idea!

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had to laugh reading about these dip shits setting up the camp for winter and talking about making it a permanent place. First off I look forward to watching them protest at 10 below in 30 mile an hour winds. As for making the camp permanent well that ought to be interesting when 3/4's of it are under water when the lake comes up....be even more fun if we can get a cannonball river flood timed with peak lake level. How clueless do you have to be to not understand the most basic of situations.....you know like building on Lake bed = bad idea!

Yeah, what kind of idiots would build on a lake bed?!?!?

IMG_2049.jpg

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well Devils Lake would be a better example since the ice dam that formed lake Agassiz is not likely to reform anytime soon. Why does a greetings from fargo show a map of bismarck?

As for the protests I see they are blocking the Memorial Bridge right now winning hart's and minds by the second!;:;badidea

Last edited:

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Our side is definitely better off to get this part into the past so it can't be a rallying cry for the environmental wackos!

Colt45

Founding Member
Founding Member
Don't know if Judge John Grinsteiner is an elected judge or not, I think most judges are elected but some get appointments, remember not to vote for him come election time is you see his name on a ballot

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
News yesterday picked up on a 9-1-1 call @ a film crew from California at the camp. The campers didn't 'like' the type of questions after the questions they did 'like', so they took the mic away and started badgering the crew. The crew made it to their car, locked the doors, and called 9-1-1 as a few dozen campers (can't call them protesters any longer) started beating on the car and rocking it. Took some cop cars showing up before the crew was allowed to leave. I hope the film crew now sees what reality really is and gives the proper description of this crew in Red Warrior camp.

I believe this could turn into a number of felony charges, don't ya think?

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
i think we need to take our land back --- i planning a pheasant hunt that way---- how about few thousand pheasant hunters and some pit bulls to help get the birds up so to speak. #$%^&>

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
[FONT=&quot][h=1]Standing Rock Tribal Council identifies land for possible camp relocation[/h]
  • By Mike Nowatzki Forum News Service
  • 43 min ago

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]

Buy Now

• CAROLINE GRUESKIN, TRIBUNE

Harsh winds knocked over some tents in Morton County in this photo from October 12.

The Standing Rock Sioux Tribal Council has voted to set aside tribally owned land for Dakota Access Pipeline protesters to relocate from U.S. Army Corps of Engineers land in southern Morton County, but Tribal Chairman Dave Archambault II stopped short of saying the tribe is moving the existing camp.

“We’re trying to work with everybody in the area and we’re trying to build consensus, and we’re trying to do the best we can to accommodate safety,” he said Wednesday, Oct. 19.

Archambault said the council voted 8-5 Tuesday to partition land about 2 miles west of Cannon Ball on the Standing Rock Sioux Reservation to make it available to the roughly 500 to 1,000 people camping on both sides of the Cannonball River in protest of the $3.8 billion, 1,172-mile oil pipeline from North Dakota to Illinois.

The tribe owns the majority of the 80 acres of designated land, but some is owned by individual tribal members, Archambault said. He said the tribe is looking at partitioning off 40 to 50 acres.

“Where the camp is now, there’s about 80 acres, but it’s spread out. I don’t think we need that much,” he said.

Much of the existing encampment along Highway 1806 sits in a floodplain, and depending on how long the pipeline protest lasts, “there’s a chance the majority of that land would be under water,” he said.

“What the tribe is trying to do is provide a safe place for campers,” he said. “We’re trying to be proactive rather than reactive. When we have cold weather in North Dakota, and people who are staying in tents, they’re going to need a place to stay out of the elements.”

Advertisement (1 of 1): 0:01

The council is exploring what types of structures could be put up and how to pay for them, he said.

“There are a lot of organizations and foundations that want to support (us), and we’re trying to find a way to explore innovative, self-sustaining structures that wouldn’t cost a lot,” he said.

Archambault said the tribal council never said its intent was to move the existing Oceti Sakowin Camp, an overflow camp of the original Sacred Stone Camp that formed on private land April 1.

“We’re not trying to dictate or control or ask. What we’re trying to do is work with people … and be prepared and be proactive before something bad happens,” he said.

The Oceti Sakowin Camp sits on Army Corps of Engineers land that’s currently under a grazing lease with local rancher David Meyer. Campers don’t have the Corps’ permission to be there – though the Corps hasn’t issued citations or taken any other action to try to evict them – and they can’t legally erect permanent structures on the land.

The Corps did give the tribe permission on Sept. 16 to allow campers to use 41 acres of Corps land south of the Cannonball River, though it didn’t actually issue the special use permit, Corps spokeswoman Eileen Williamson said. The permission was good for 30 days, “and that 30 days has run out and they have not reapplied,” she said Wednesday.

Williamson said moving the camp – which at times has hosted an estimated 3,000 to 4,000 people –would be “a good decision on their part, especially from the safety aspect of it.”

[/FONT]

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
i think we need to take our land back --- i planning a pheasant hunt that way---- how about few thousand pheasant hunters and some pit bulls to help get the birds up so to speak. #$%^&>

I don't know, my pit is a picky eater.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
News yesterday picked up on a 9-1-1 call @ a film crew from California at the camp. The campers didn't 'like' the type of questions after the questions they did 'like', so they took the mic away and started badgering the crew. The crew made it to their car, locked the doors, and called 9-1-1 as a few dozen campers (can't call them protesters any longer) started beating on the car and rocking it. Took some cop cars showing up before the crew was allowed to leave. I hope the film crew now sees what reality really is and gives the proper description of this crew in Red Warrior camp.

I believe this could turn into a number of felony charges, don't ya think?

Unfortunately it was a pro fracing film crew so it will be highly unlikely to make any real news. Apparently they didn't like being asked about all the fossil fuels they use during this protest

Last edited:

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wonder how much it would cost to fill a crop duster with Febreeze?

701FishSlayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Terrible shame if a wagon train of septic trucks randomly came through and unloaded right at camp area. Woops, dam malfunctioning valves n stuff.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 119
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 96
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 70