trapper needed! East Bismarck

arrowdem

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a friend that lives just east of Bismarck and is having issues with coyotes coming right into her yard setting off her motion lights dogs are freaking out, she doesnt know what to do and is worried her dogs or her neighbors animals are going to be taking by the coyotes, i would go out to help her with this situation but living on the other side of the state makes that a little hard, is there anyone in the Bismarck area willing to go out and do some trapping/ possibly calling? im not sure where her house is exactly in relation to towns and what not i will need to get more info just seeing if there is anyone willing to help!
Thanks!

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
This is a great job for the state trapper. Urban or semi urban canine trapping is kind of ticklish.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Get the wrong kind of 'dog' and you are likely to end up in court... Id say hunting is a better alternative to trapping, unless this is inside city limits.

arrowdem

Founding Member
Founding Member
it is outside of city limits, and yes i asked her what the chances were of dogs wandering out there and she said she didnt know i dont know how far away the coyotes are living but she said there are trees a ways back behind her yard, and a hay field that is bailed back there, sounds like coyote central to me

Wildyote

★★★★★ Legendary Member
You will end up with dogs in the traps. Get a release pole and check traps twice a day. People let their dogs run way too much. These dogs cause as many problems as coyotes do. They kill deer, livestock, pets, and other wildlife. The best thing to do is call Wildlife Services and they will send out a government trapper.

Last edited:

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Id say nab an early season gutpile and use it as bait, put it far enough from the house that the yotes wont be scared by a light left on, but close enough to make them out in a scope...

Coyote Hunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
PM me.

I live just NE of town and could help out. I only call, no trapping. I think traps would be a bad idea, since she has dogs also. I am suppressed... so it won't be too loud!!! 😎

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 104
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75