suspenders

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
For certain conditions I highly prefer wearing suspenders (all the cool sitka gear etc. have them and there's a reason dag nabbit!)

sadly nobody puts suspender buttons on pants anymore! ;:;banghead And clip on suspender systems totally blow!

but I recently learned that they make them and they are easy to install - grrrr - why did it take me so long!

pair them with hockey suspenders (Amazon etc) and you have kicka$$ combo

Here's how:

1. Buy jean buttons (sewing store or Amazon)

2. Buy Bauer hockey suspenders (Amazon)

3. Buy pants or dig "old favs that don't fit anymore" out of your closet

4. Install buttons exactly where they need to be - punch hole then install with hammer/soft wood board.

these pics are from converting some skate shorts that are 2" too big so I can wear crash pads under them

Wild and Free

Founding Member
Founding Member
Or you could lose the pot belly "Not sayin you have one of course, that would be defamatory":;: and then buy pants that fit..................................;)

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Or you could lose the pot belly "Not sayin you have one of course, that would be defamatory":;: and then buy pants that fit..................................;)

what little belly I had is gone now - but the joy of having a loose waistband and pants staying up is bliss for me

and yes - certain models of Carharts have buttons - but the insulated ones I can't find with buttons - anybody got a link to insulated carhart pants with buttons? Not that I can't install my own now but why if I can get them with. I need a fresh pair.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wear suspenders with my banana hammock. My shoulders have some strap-grooving going on, but at least now I can jog.

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
Suspenders on hunting pants are awesome. The only downside is having to shed layers to get to suspenders when edumping in the woods.

i wish i could pull off suspenders with slacks at work. Im not eccentric or old enough

martinslanding

Founding Member
Founding Member
I ran into Jaykay out deer hunting : reindeer-mankini-fancy-dress-costume27098.jpg

I was like , Dude you're not wearing any orange ?!?

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Suspenders on hunting pants are awesome. The only downside is having to shed layers to get to suspenders when edumping in the woods.

i wish i could pull off suspenders with slacks at work. Im not eccentric or old enough

Suspenders at work scream, "millennial hipster Hillary voter." However, suspenders + belt says,"protecting my precious seed from mobs of fertile women."

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member

Get some of those goofy little glasses, slide your feet while walking, and use 500 dollar words. You will be cool in no time.

Fly Carpin

Founding Member
Founding Member
Suspenders at work scream, "millennial hipster Hillary voter." However, suspenders + belt says,"protecting my precious seed from mobs of fertile women."
"How can you trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders? The man can't even trust his own pants"
-Frank, Once Upon a Time in the West

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wags, you're spending too much time with guywholikessuspenders

and apparently you've been hanging out with lunker

- - - Updated - - -

That's not me. I don't clip my toenails, on purpose, in case I ever get chased by a cougar. Either kind.

and you - get that round red thing checked - your moneymaker is probably infected

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member

certainly not a hipster. Thinking more along the lines of Madmen, so yes definitely protecting from fertile women.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 106
  • This month: 99
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 66