Netflix and Amazon

jer79

Founding Member
Founding Member
I watched narcos. and by the second episode I was hooked.. blew through the two seasons wayyy too fast . The americans is really good too. breaking bad, the walking dead. all previously metioned.

Fisherman25

Founding Member
Founding Member
Man in the high castle-Amazon.

Currently on Peaky Blinders and really enjoying it.

HBO I'm a fan of Westworld and Game of Thrones of course.

Auggie

Founding Member
Founding Member
11-23-64=Hulu is awesome
Alpha House=Amazon is hilarious
Orange is the new Black= netflix.
You can also get caught up on The Walking Dead. I never watched Breaking Bad, then I got Netflix. I had the entire series watched in less than a month. That was bad.
When I make rods, I usually have South Park playing in the background on Hulu.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Dumb question, What is the preferred method to Receive/download these ? I don't have a smart TV but I have hardwired a laptop to the TV for hockey games and use wireless mouse and It worked ok but will it work as good as a box receiver ? I'm not a fan of two or more remotes to make everything work. I didn't realize Amazon had TV programing and videos, I didn't look it over real good but we have Amazon prime and it looks like a lot of free programing. Also will a receiver record and save ? I'm guessing my computer won't.

eklindworth

Founding Member
Founding Member
Davey,
There are a few different ways to stream to your TV. For amazon prime, the Firestick works really good. Just plug it into an HDMI port on your TV.
HDMI cable from computer to TV was the way we would watch the NCHC hockey games until I found that Apple made an adapter going straight from iPad to HDMI. That is slick and a better feed.
If you have an iPad, get the Amazon Prime Video app. It allows you to stream shows with wifi but also allows you to download the show and watch without a wifi connection. I usually have a couple episodes downloaded to kill time when waiting to pick up kids from their various activities. Then just delete off the iPad when watched. And if you didn't want the Firestick, you could use the adapter and stream right to your TV from iPad.

ek

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm going to put some potato dumplings on the stove and flip on the idiot box. Any new recommendations? Ozark was really good. Godless was ok.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have watched the ozarks like a dozen times very good
Godless is good

Last edited:

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
The ranch is hilarious. Sam Elliot is great in it. Don’t watch it with kids running around if you have an aversion to them hearing salty language

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
The Ranch has great acting with the exception of Debra Winger - who can’t act naturally if her life depended on it.

Hollywood’s idea of what goes on in Ranch country is hilarious as well. Everybody sits outside drinking straight whiskey in the snow apparently.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Besides godless
Patriot is funny it's on Amazon prime
Goliath is good but if you don't care for billy Bob Thornton it not for you.
The crown is good

MSA

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you have amazon, watch Justified. All 6 seasons are on there.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and Silicon Valley

Lapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
Weeds is entertaining
Peaky Blinders is great, I haven’t watched the 4th season that just came out though.
the 1st season of Daredevil is fantastic
Sherlock is a must watch

Marbleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
The Ranch has great acting with the exception of Debra Winger - who can’t act naturally if her life depended on it.

Hollywood’s idea of what goes on in Ranch country is hilarious as well. Everybody sits outside drinking straight whiskey in the snow apparently.

The ranch is entertaining but I’m curious what it’s going to be like after rooster is written off the show. He got caught up in the sexual assault stuff and they canned him.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 116
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 69