Netflix and Amazon

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
The ranch is entertaining but I’m curious what it’s going to be like after rooster is written off the show. He got caught up in the sexual assault stuff and they canned him.

Rooster was hilarious and played a key role.

Fuzz-E-Grub

Founding Member
Founding Member
The Man in the High Castle on Amazon is a good watch. Also The Wire is free on Amazon Prime and although it’s been over for a little while now it is still a very good series to watch.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anything with Ginger Lynn in it would be on my watch list. Or Clint Eastwood, John Wayne, and Charles Bronson.

But I don't do Netflix or amazon tv.

Hammer

Mind Hunter is pretty good. It's set back in the 70 ' s and is about a federal agent who tours the country teaching federal tactics to local police precincts and trying to get into the minds of serial killers along the way to find out what makes them tick.

Big Mouth - it's a cartoon about kids who hit that awkward puberty age. This cartoon is just flat out wrong on so many levels and is DEFINITELY NOT one to watch when kids are around. Or most wives for that matter.

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
Mind Hunter is pretty good. It's set back in the 70 ' s and is about a federal agent who tours the country teaching federal tactics to local police precincts and trying to get into the minds of serial killers along the way to find out what makes them tick.

Big Mouth - it's a cartoon about kids who hit that awkward puberty age. This cartoon is just flat out wrong on so many levels and is DEFINITELY NOT one to watch when kids are around. Or most wives for that matter.

Mind Hunters was awesome.

We just watched Alias Grace ... that was really good too.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
The Ranch is darn funny. Got through a few episodes while the kids were playing in other room and after bed. A real rancher would either find the show hilarious because of the hokeyness or be vehemently offended. Ha ha

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Justified, Deadwood, The Fall, Granite Flats, Miss Fishers Murders, Peaky Blinders

Ugly Dogs

Founding Member
Founding Member
HBO
-Band of Brothers Best thing I have ever watched
-The wire Best series ever
-The Pacific
-Generation Kill
-Deadwood

Netflix
-Narcos
-House of Cards
-Banshee (Cinemax)
-Californacation

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was am a big fan forensic science, back in 1996 97 is when I watched the first episode of medical dectectives, 96 oj trial was on Tv DNA was in it's infancy as nobody knew how it worked as well as how the mind worked in a killer what made them do the things they did. Criminal behavior science fascinated me Ted Bundy, the green river Miller, John wayne Gacy the uni bomber, the ice man, BTK, and Jeffery dohmer. I beleive if the oj trial was 2 or 3 years earlier he would have been found guilty on physical as Well as prior domestic violence call against Nicole. The DNA evidence only muddied the waters of the overwhelming evidence.
Mindhunters would of been better if it would have gave us years when Ford had his first interview with Kemper, I now it was 77 becuase I looked it up.
It is a good crime drama series but it could be better
Anyone who likes the find out why the president of the United States and a serial rapist like BTK have in common don't mind a little adult content it's worth a look. You have to watch the first 3 to get a grasp of the storyline unless you research ahead of time.

Last edited:

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
Currently watching Godless

Liked
Breaking Bad
Longmire
Weeds
Shameless

Not so bad
Always sunny in Philadelphia (I think they took it off)
Brickleberry (surprisingly all right)
Big Mouth (yeah, lot of jaw open wtf moments)

I watch on a tablet as I go to sleep so movies and series that jump around a lot are challenging. I watched same episode several times until I get it.

So many movies, so few memories.

Wish we had a poll like list of all the stuff in this thread

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
The queen's gambit even though I am not a chess player, has a very good storyline of a young woman who is somewhat Iike Bobby Fischer. That she is a child prodigy and is obsessed to learn the game from a janitor, she grows up in an orphanage in the early 1960s where her only childhood friends is a black girl (Anne) and the janitor Mr shiebel. I don't want to spoil it for anyone but I have watched the series atleast 3 times. I wouldn't say it's a chick flick just for the fact that she only has really two woman in her life

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
We haven't done the netflix or amazon thing yet as there is usually something else on or doing other things. Perhaps will have to crawl out from underneath my rock and try it out one day, maybe.

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Tiger King - Can't say it was good, more for me was I kept thinking, "can anyone be this stupid?" Had to watch it all to see if my question was authentic. Evidently they can be. Or were they smart enough to play as that dumb and laugh all the way to the bank. Maybe not as at least one will have to wait to get out of jail to spend what they got paid to film their lives. Couldn't quit watching the series and when done I couldn't tell you why I watched it other than kind of addictive for me.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 135
  • This month: 127
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 85
  • This month: 77