Netflix and Amazon

fly2cast

Founding Member
Founding Member
Netflix, Amazon and HBO have some great original programs. So many that its hard to know what to watch. Does anybody have any recommendations of what to watch for the next blizzard day?

I recommend:

Stranger Things - Netflix
The OA - Netfilx
Westworld - HBO
Silicon Valley - HBO
Ballers - HBO
The Fall - Netflix
Mad Dogs - Amazon
Rome - HBO
The Wire - HBO
F is for Family - Netflix
Doctor Foster - Netflix
Glitch - Netflix

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
The Crown.

Give it time to grow on you - the true story is flabbergasting to me coming from the perspective of this day and age.

Makes me want to transport back in time where honor and decorum meant the world even if it was flawed in ways.

- - - Updated - - -

First episode or two are meh until you understand the story - appreciate that it happened - how it went down, etc.

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
The wife and I have started watching shameless on netflix. great show!

tigolbitties

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you haven't watched House of Cards, its a must. I am also a fan of Peaky Blinders and Longmire on Netflix.

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'll second Stranger Things and Westworld. May try the Crown based on Guywhoknowshistvshows.

Problem is it takes me months to finish a series. I can't even remember the last time I was able to sit down and watch an episode of anything from start to finish.

Chas'n Tail

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you have Netflix, you have to watch The Ranch. It's almost like a reboot of that 70's show. Great show and tittysprinkles hilarious!!

FishReaper

Founding Member
Founding Member
old episodes of top gear( Amazon and netflix). new episodes of grand tour( Amazon). as much as i try to watch American top gear it is just terrible. out of the 3 hosts only 1 can drive and knows about cars. Gotta be Clackson, Hammond, and May

eklindworth

Founding Member
Founding Member
Amazon - The man in the high castle
Tyrant
Amerikans

Netflix - House of Cards
Narcos

Last edited:

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bloodline on netflix

- - - Updated - - -

Black mirror on netflix is pretty interesting. some of the episodes are kinda meh but then others blow your mind. Its sort of like a modern spin on the twilight zone.

Colt45

Founding Member
Founding Member
The man in the high castle - amazon - watching this one now, pretty good so far
house of cards - Netflix - darn good series
breaking bad - its available on Netflix, not sure about amazon - my favorite series so far tho

NDHick

Founding Member
Founding Member
I second Black Mirror.
Penny Dreadful is actually pretty good also if you are into Dracula and Frankenstien

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I can honestly say, I have very little time for all these shows. Not sure what exactly I am always so busy with, but I watch the news, and a couple comedies that I DVR, and that's about all the time it seems I have for TV.

Between work, kids, home ownership, hunting, fishing, repairs of stuff, kids sports, wife things, and hanging with buddies, etc there just isn't time.

I have even found pleasure in tinkering in the garage on stuff, to out weighing sitting in front of the tube. A couple farm buddies always have some ice cold Busch lights in the shop that needs drinking too.

Colt45

Founding Member
Founding Member
Forgot to mention soprano's............. that's a good mafia series
My TV watching is limited to news and late night amazon or Netflix series........... used to watch NFL a little but am boycotting it ever since kaperdick took a knee for the anthem

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm with you. There is just not enough time in the day for much tv. I'm always busy. TV is a great waste of time.

I can honestly say, I have very little time for all these shows. Not sure what exactly I am always so busy with, but I watch the news, and a couple comedies that I DVR, and that's about all the time it seems I have for TV.

Between work, kids, home ownership, hunting, fishing, repairs of stuff, kids sports, wife things, and hanging with buddies, etc there just isn't time.

I have even found pleasure in tinkering in the garage on stuff, to out weighing sitting in front of the tube. A couple farm buddies always have some ice cold Busch lights in the shop that needs drinking too.

Biglunch

Founding Member
Founding Member
banshee on amazon is really good. Small town sheriff that likes to kick ass.

- - - Updated - - -

Longmire on netflix

Iwhackwheat

Founding Member
Founding Member
Goliath on Amazon. It seemed like mixing a little bit of Bad Santa with a John Grisham movie.

Lapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sherlock is awesome. Each season is three 90 minute episodes. Very well done.

Peaky Blinders is also VERY good. It's post WW I mafia story.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 110
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 80
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 69
  • This month: 67