Unit 30 Turkeys

ndbwhunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anyone know of any landowners in Unit 30 (Morton County) that want some birds thinned out? My brother-in-law and I each have a few tags, and are planning on heading out tomorrow afternoon. I have a few areas that have produced birds in the past, but with all this snow, those areas are inaccessible.

Any information is greatly appreciated!

Coyote Hunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Go talk to any rancher with hay yards. The turkeys will be thick in them... and I am sure landowners are already tired of them.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Go talk to any rancher with hay yards. The turkeys will be thick in them... and I am sure landowners are already tired of them.

Might be too late, but this is exactly what we did in our unit. Don't be afraid to knock on some doors and shake some hands. Lots of good folks out there that could use a hand with this issue right now. With all the snow out there, the turkeys are tearing the crap out of the oat bales the ranchers need for their cattle. They cut the twine with their claws and the bales fall apart. They crap on them as well which the cattle don't really appreciate. They apparently do WAY WAY more damage to a hay pile than the same number of deer ever could because they wreck whole bales and not just bits and pieces. Hope you can get out there and help a rancher out. Good Luck!!!

dukgnfsn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just remember as you are approaching and conversing with these farmers and ranchers in that area that they may be leery of people at this time, they have been dealing with protesters for going on over 4 months now and possibly have had some run ins with the law breakers. Not saying don't ask just remember the ongoing situation down there and keep there point of view in consideration. dukgnfsn

this would apply also if you are hunting on unposted land, land owners are keeping an eye on things out there with the animals that have been poached or stolen

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 110
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 80
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 69