neutering a dog

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
when it comes to dog genitals, lunker is as serious as a fat girl at a cheese sale.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Neco is only 10 months, rule of thumb for large dogs like a lab is to wait till at least 18 to 24 months. Dad has a 1 year old female goldendoodle and he doesnt want her bred until his male bernedoodle comes to age. I thought that since a vasectomy would be the answer to allow him to develop and still allow him to enjoy playing with dads female goldendoodle.
Hey worm how is your wife doing did you get everything figured out with your finances.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
Normally people neuter a dog to remedy unwanted behavior like marking, running off for a female in heat, some aggression towards other dogs, etc. A vasectomy would change behavior 0%. You’d have the same dog, but when it’s mounting somebody’s female dog you could tell them “don’t worry, he’s shooting blanks now”.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not always is the case for all dogs breeds some dogs will still do all those things that you listed. For one thing I probably should be discussing this with my vet instead of using a forum.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hmmmmm, I had both my labs neutered at 6 months and never had a problem. Daughter and son also had their labs done at 6 months with no issues. We used the same vet. Lunker maybe talk to a different vet. :;:huh

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 166
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76