Garden!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anyone else have rhubarb coming out of their ears this spring ? Wife has harvested a bunch already , I never used to like it when I was younger but now she started cooking it down and making it into a smoothie with strawberries and freeze in ice cube trays, better than ice cream IMO.

Mom used to make strawberry/rubarb sauce when I was a kid and I loved it until I ate too much and got sick. Haven't eaten any since.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Mom used to make strawberry/rubarb sauce when I was a kid and I loved it until I ate too much and got sick. Haven't eaten any since.

Did that with my Dad's chokecherry wine when I was about 14 . I've never had even a little sip of wine since.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
My mom used to make the best strawberry rhubarb jam and crisp. :;:rockit Unfortunally my wife of 37 years hates rhubarb, so its a no go now. :(

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
My mom used to make the best strawberry rhubarb jam and crisp. :;:rockit Unfortunally my wife of 37 years hates rhubarb, so its a no go now. :(

Wife hates RHUBARB? well at least you have grounds for divorce now, if you ever want to trade her in....

I planted a few (50) rhubarb plants last fall but they didnt really take off this spring, due to the drought I suppose. We recently got about 2 inches of rain so I expect them to get going now, hopefully...

Last edited:

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Wife hates RHUBARB? well at least you have grounds for divorce now, if you ever want to trade her in....

I planted a few (50) rhubarb plants last fall but they didnt really take off this spring, due to the drought I suppose. We recently got about 2 inches of rain so I expect them to get going now, hopefully...
Rhubarb usually takes two years to start producing a decent stalk. LB

Ristorapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
You will be able to sell a two ton truck load or two of rhubarb in a few years. What the heck were you thinking????????????

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
how does one know if rhubarb is ready? Is it the read stalk part, or is that a particular thing with a species? Mine is super high but green af. someone forgot the hose on it a few weeks back.:;:huh I also basically pulled every stalk in the fall, so maybe that expains the super growth. I did pull out the stalks that were going to seed, I think that was last week.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
how does one know if rhubarb is ready? Is it the read stalk part, or is that a particular thing with a species? Mine is super high but green af. someone forgot the hose on it a few weeks back.:;:huh I also basically pulled every stalk in the fall, so maybe that expains the super growth. I did pull out the stalks that were going to seed, I think that was last week.

It's never too late but it would have been better when the stalks were 10-12 inches no matter what color they were. The big stalks are ok too but they get stringy and less flavor.

- - - Updated - - -

We have more than we can use so most goes to waste. It grows like wildfire up here .

- - - Updated - - -

I might have been too far on the small side , The web says 12-17 inches and that sounds more like it .

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Might have to water the garden tonight by headlight so that the water hits the ground before evaporating.::: LB

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Minot residents asked to temporarily limit outdoor water usage due to equipment failure

The City of Minot is asking residents and all users of City of Minot water to temporarily limit outdoor water usage to help balance demands at the water treatment plant, effective immediately.

Besides the city of Minot, other users of Minot water include rural water systems, Minot Air Force Base, and those who receive water through the Northwest Area Water Supply system.

Public Works Director Dan Jonasson said the restrictions are due to four wells in the raw water system that have failed, limiting the amount of water that can be produced at the Minot Water Treatment Plant. Four of the 14 wells that provide water to the City are temporarily unusable after pumps and motors failed.

Jonasson said because of the recent warm temperatures and little rainfall, water usage in the city has risen to about 11 million gallons per day, approximately two million gallons a day more than the treatment plant can currently produce with the limited amount of incoming raw water.

“Right now, with four of our wells down, we’re using more water than we can produce every day,” Jonasson said. “To make sure we have enough water for drinking and other essential needs, we’re asking users to limit things like lawn watering, car washing, and outdoor sprinkler usage.”

Water Plant employees and contractors are working to repair the equipment at the wells, but are waiting on parts such as pumps and motors. It’s expected to take up to two weeks before all of the wells are operating.“

Facilities that recycle water, like car washes and splash pads, can continue to operate unless overall daily usage levels aren’t reduced throughout the system. If users cannot be reduced to meet the plant capacity, stricter measures will need to be implemented.

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Planted my 2 Cherry tomato plants and 3 Cabbage plants and the rest of garden I planted Saskatoon Service Berry plants, done with my regular garden, will just buy at the Farmers Markets, hope the Juneberries grow

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you dont chew big red, then fuck you
PASS!

https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/people/big-red

binx.jpg

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 118
  • This month: 111