Bitcoin

FlatTopPete

Established Member
The Bitcoin Bros are awful quiet these days. Bitcoin is currently flirting with sub $20k. It was over $60k not long ago. What a wreck.

Maddog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
This is my total investment in digital coins.... (big spender LOL) It was at $46K

bitcoin.JPG

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
This is my total investment in digital coins.... (big spender LOL) It was at $46K

1000017658.png

Holy shit thought I was poker player you win, hope made money

- - - Updated - - -

Question did I not see you are supposed to volunteer your profits on tax form this or was I dreaming?

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
The blockchain technology has merit. The universal currency thing has merit. It's just really hard to know what the value of all that equals. I guess we will see in the coming years. Crypto regulation takes a lot of the appeal away from shady money folks. They are the ones that got the thing really rolling in the first place. The regulators should have been more proactive earlier, IMO.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Do Grain elevators take bitcoin? How about farmers markets? Ranchers? Hog producers? Gas stations? Grocery Stores? Cenex? Credit Unions? I'm thinking not. I could be wrong. However, until these folks routinely take bitcoin for their grain, vegetables, beef, pork, or other food wares, I'll stick with cash. I know I can buy from all of these using cash. Carry On!!

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bitcoin is someone’s pipe dream. When I can buy lumber, gas, and food with it then I’ll accept it. I til them it’s like fairy dust.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bitcoin is someone’s pipe dream. When I can buy lumber, gas, and food with it then I’ll accept it. I til them it’s like fairy dust.

???? Every Home Depot accepts it. Deys ya lumber 4 ya. Whole foods and gas stations exist yes in nd to.

you need to quit using off and get bit

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Better cash it all in now. Not gonna be worth shit in the not too distant future. The government will see to it. Massive regulations are on the way. No way are the DC scum going to allow anybody to control the currency except them

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
Crypto is dead. Sadly the days of people having extra play money in their pockets is gone. That was the only
reason crypto had such a good push. The crash is really a sign of how crappy things are getting. People need their money to buy things now. Unless you listen to Biden, then everything is great with the economy. We’ve been so blessed to have this man in office. BIDEN 2024!!!

Maddog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Thinking blessed isn't quite the right word. Or the word I was thinking of.

"BIDEN 2024"
And beyond ....
If they could only clone him!!!!
We could have this superior leadership forever.
Sort of like an all day sucker.

His legacy will last forever.
This one they can't erase from the history books.
Curious, will the libtards have a monument made?
@watson

You never answered the question

Are you still proud of YOUR President?
And to think we still have 2 more years.

You are right Sum1, we are blessed, we are just too ignorant to realize it.
Just think how bad it could be if he wasn't there . . .

Last edited:

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Someone correct me if I'm wrong here, but aren't the transactions for bitcoin handled by the miners of bitcoin?

And then more importantly, doesn't bitcoin have a maximum number of coins that can ever be mined already built into the code?

My point being, at some point in time (and maybe we are already there), there will be no coins left to mine, or at least it will get to the point where it's not profitable. At that point the system seems designed to fail as there will be no miners left to oversee the transactions.

What am I missing here that would allow this to go unfettered in the future, even without government regulation?

Achucker

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Only thing your missing is that it's all made up and the largest ponzy scheme in existence. Lol

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
We are getting closer to all of the coins being in "circulation" but not there yet. We miners "audit" the transactions in the blockchain. We are currently paid by our share of the bitcoin reward for solving the block. We in a sense introduce new bitcoin to the system. When all of the coins are in circulation, we will continue to mine, but will be paid by the small transaction fees.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong here, but aren't the transactions for bitcoin handled by the miners of bitcoin?

And then more importantly, doesn't bitcoin have a maximum number of coins that can ever be mined already built into the code?

My point being, at some point in time (and maybe we are already there), there will be no coins left to mine, or at least it will get to the point where it's not profitable. At that point the system seems designed to fail as there will be no miners left to oversee the transactions.

What am I missing here that would allow this to go unfettered in the future, even without government regulation?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 167
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76