Bitcoin

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
lol - yeah I know

I still should have taken a few. :)

ALL young adults should have to take finance classes. We are failing our kids. Most just know and do what their parents did.....this ranges from "have kids and collect welfare" to "pile the bills on the counter" to "juggle credit cards" to "responsible finance" to "entitled weath". And a bunch of options in between.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was into the science/engineering side pretty heavy. Finance was a foreign concept. I figured only future accountants and business majors took those type of classes.

I can say that Bismarck High School, Dickinson State, and NDSU all did an absolute horseshit job of counseling me as a student. As in pretty much zero. And if your family members were all average working class people, that means you received nearly no competent advice on your 8 yr journey to an advanced degree.

Unnecessarily flawed approach to higher ed if you ask me.

Last edited:

Jiffy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Finance is easy. All it really boils down to is self control and discipline.

It really is that easy.

Weekender

★★★ Legendary Member
Finance is easy. All it really boils down to is self control and discipline.

It really is that easy.

Day to day finances are that easy, yeah. But stuff like retirement planning, personal investing, building wealth and diversifying, etc. Should all be taught at least a little bit in high school. It is not even touched, even in accounting classes. You'd be surprised how many kids get their first real job and have no clue what a 401k is.

Jiffy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
That's why you have someone do it for you. Still easy. Costs some money but at least they know what they're doing.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
The only thing that will kill bitcoin, or severely hinder it is govt intervention. Some places are already using it as a primary currency (mostly 3rd world countries without a stable national govt/monetary system). Just because its all been mined wont kill it, if anything it will enhance its value as dilution of the supply wont be an issue anymore...

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
ALL young adults should have to take finance classes. We are failing our kids. Most just know and do what their parents did.....this ranges from "have kids and collect welfare" to "pile the bills on the counter" to "juggle credit cards" to "responsible finance" to "entitled weath". And a bunch of options in between.

1st and foremost kids need a basic understanding of MATH!! There are HS kids who don't understand the concept of percent. They grow into adults, and a lot of them out there that can't figure 10% of a number.

So YES I agree, finance and should be taught in school. Problem is, it's covered in upper elementary or Middle School. When kids get in HS, they're taking more advanced algebra, that most never use. I've long advocated for Schools to require a Semester of Business MATH where all the financial aspects are covered.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
The only thing that will kill bitcoin, or severely hinder it is govt intervention. Some places are already using it as a primary currency (mostly 3rd world countries without a stable national govt/monetary system). Just because its all been mined wont kill it, if anything it will enhance its value as dilution of the supply wont be an issue anymore...
The government is in the process of doing just that. No way will these politicians allow anybody else to control the currency

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
What protections do crypto exchanges/holding institutions have for the average Joe when it comes to the modern day bankrobbers?

I'm talking something equivalent to the FDIC which would reimburse someone like me if my local bank were to be robbed and then go bankrupt because they couldn't pay out the money others have stored in their facility.

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's probably the government stealing it so they can sell us on their plan to offer regulation and FDIC insurance on crypto, probably

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
I finally took the plunge. Invested in a few "coins" and in 10 minutes am up 1.80% lol. We'll see how this goes. First cut is the deepest, right?

It's fun money....not going to stress over it so let 'er ride.....

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
So last April I went to work for my son. We are building all the buildings in Williston for a very large Bitcoin mining operation. The buildings are 30’x350’. We have 7 built and the 8th one framed. Three are online and mining as we speak. The amount of power these things consume is assinine. There are 3900 servers in each building. There is as much power being consumed in each building as 120 residential city blocks. The exhaust leaving the building is about 130 degrees on an 85 degree day.

Fracman

Founding Member
Founding Member
So last April I went to work for my son. We are building all the buildings in Williston for a very large Bitcoin mining operation. The buildings are 30’x350’. We have 7 built and the 8th one framed. Three are online and mining as we speak. The amount of power these things consume is assinine. There are 3900 servers in each building. There is as much power being consumed in each building as 120 residential city blocks. The exhaust leaving the building is about 130 degrees on an 85 degree day.

This is right across the road from my house

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Day to day finances are that easy, yeah. But stuff like retirement planning, personal investing, building wealth and diversifying, etc. Should all be taught at least a little bit in high school. It is not even touched, even in accounting classes. You'd be surprised how many kids get their first real job and have no clue what a 401k is.

Yep, our new hires are all financially incompetent when they come aboard, and the organization doesn't give one damn shit about it. So I try to give them basic advice when it comes to setting up their future retirement savings. I don't put myself out there as an expert, just as someone who knows you need to be more involved early on in your career, rather than waiting until you turn 50 to even start looking at it. For example, our organization doesn't even allow or encourage you to take a retirement seminar until you are within 5 yrs of eligibility. By then it's too damn late, that is something you should do within a year or two of exiting college.

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yep, our new hires are all financially incompetent when they come aboard, and the organization doesn't give one damn shit about it. So I try to give them basic advice when it comes to setting up their future retirement savings. I don't put myself out there as an expert, just as someone who knows you need to be more involved early on in your career, rather than waiting until you turn 50 to even start looking at it. For example, our organization doesn't even allow or encourage you to take a retirement seminar until you are within 5 yrs of eligibility. By then it's too damn late, that is something you should do within a year or two of exiting college.

And right now is a good time to get started with prices depressed!

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
Your crypto may be worthless. Biden wants a central bank and has signed an executive order to research implementation. You get a card or chip and the gov controls everything. Go in to but a pair of jeans and you scan your chip, all is good. Go in to buy a box of ammo for you favorite deer rifle and scan your chip, sorry declined. Taxes automatically taken out.

Kiyosaki called President Joe Biden’s signed executive order “the most treasonous act in U.S. history” and the creation of Central Bank Digital Currencies, or CBDC, as “communism in its purest form,” encouraging Americans to “stay awake.”

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 105
  • This month: 99
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 63
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 56
  • This month: 56
  • This month: 55