Bitcoin

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you put it under your mattress it wont do anything for you.

Rut2much

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you put it under your mattress it wont do anything for you.
Under bed mattress is as good as a savings account, junk.. I wonder often why they didn't hammer financial and investment courses instead of the bs we had to sit through at a young age, I'd have eaten it up like shop class.

Dirty

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Under bed mattress is as good as a savings account, junk.. I wonder often why they didn't hammer financial and investment courses instead of the bs we had to sit through at a young age, I'd have eaten it up like shop class.

Because if they’d have hammered home smart financing to every up and comer, the few folks that were knowledgeable on investing wouldn’t be able to get rich off of those dumb kids!

Last edited:

Rut2much

Founding Member
Founding Member
Haha saw that one coming from center field, why teach kids how to not to make the big corporations bank while saddling their asses in debt..That would just be foolish!

Last edited:

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Perfect, hopefully it dips some more when tax return and stimulus shows up. I like how a correction for bitcoin is when it went back to $50K lmao.

wjschmaltz

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Saw BTC mentioned in the boat prices thread and thought we need to re visit this thread! BTC finished the retrace back to the 0.618 on the fib. It always touches that zone right before another big move up and looks to be coiling up last couple days for the move.

The EIP 1559 is moving forward and looking like a rollout around July. ETH is going to FLY once it rolls out. It’s on the EXACT same trajectory at this point as BTC was and is in inflation control until the EIP 1559 rolls out. I truly think ETH is at 20-30k by the end of the year. I turned some BTC into about 20 ETH back around Christmas and been buying more at every dip.

Just counted and im in 17 different coins. 6x overall so far in 2021 and Biden is just getting started on destroying the $! People think that they missed out because of bitcoin, but we’re at the point in crypto that Amazon was when Bezos was the only employee and selling books from his garage!

Rut2much

Founding Member
Founding Member
Got in on eth at $159 and im in on 21 different coins but a few are pretty minimal investments (going to play the "wish I woulda" game down the road hopefully)

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Saw BTC mentioned in the boat prices thread and thought we need to re visit this thread! BTC finished the retrace back to the 0.618 on the fib. It always touches that zone right before another big move up and looks to be coiling up last couple days for the move.

The EIP 1559 is moving forward and looking like a rollout around July. ETH is going to FLY once it rolls out. It’s on the EXACT same trajectory at this point as BTC was and is in inflation control until the EIP 1559 rolls out. I truly think ETH is at 20-30k by the end of the year. I turned some BTC into about 20 ETH back around Christmas and been buying more at every dip.

Just counted and im in 17 different coins. 6x overall so far in 2021 and Biden is just getting started on destroying the $! People think that they missed out because of bitcoin, but we’re at the point in crypto that Amazon was when Bezos was the only employee and selling books from his garage!

Where is the best place to buy the crypto?

MarbleEyez

Founding Member
Founding Member
Have I ever told you guys about the time I slung a few pizzas for bitcoin back in 2010.....

NDbowman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'd rather invest in guns and ammo but oh shit can't find either of those that I want.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
At soon to be 75 and wife 71, retire, i hope we have saved enough Washington dollars to make it to the end along with $3,500 in SS each month plus another $1,300 from another source. Covers most.

82% in savings at bank earning high interest, 8% put in stock at advice of a planner at a cost of $800 about one year ago. So far lost about 5% in value from the funds he put in for us. Another 10% with a firm invested in whatever. At year end 2020 it was worth just about, not quite, what it started out in 2020. That was after it loss about 35% of its value during the summer of 2020.

So i am with dsmf and future investments in ammo and weapons, trips on my Goldwing scooter, stopping at bars alone the way, working my food plots, and just plane enjoying life watching my Washington dollars grow at a steady pace in the local bank. Had enough worries when i was younger. Those dollars came with a lot of work and some long hours. db

- - - Updated - - -

ndbowman too, i know what the next one is, just need time to find also.

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Where is the best place to buy the crypto?

Kurt, Coinbase is my choice, a US based company and ability to buy most coins. Others prefer to use non-US based companies for tax purposes. I prefer a US company for security reasons as I'm fairly deep into this

Rut2much

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'd rather invest in guns and ammo but oh shit can't find either of those that I want.
As far as the guns go; you might not be looking hard Enough, but ammo is definitely over-inflated at present at 200-300% of what you can and do find for the most part.
Coinbase is my huckleberry for crypto but definitely have 5x more invested in crypto in robinhood.. Fees vs no fees but Rh is slim-Pickens on crypto availability/choices.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Ammo today's cost is i why i invested big time when it got cheap again a few years ago. Learn the first time around.

For the most part got more bullets in most calibers than what i need in my life time. Did look on internet and if available ammo is really high price. No way to buy now and no desire to share what i got.

Rifle not so much and for now am still waiting on the first 1200, the second 600 and the recent 1400. For me and the wife that is a fair amount of coins. Applied with my 2020 taxes and who knows when i will get part of it then.
So wife says i have enough guns but we all know never enough.
I think i bought a 48 IHC kb5 that my dad bought new and i learn on before i could reach the pedals. So the 1400 if i get will go there. Then i applied for a job this summer working on my own schedule. So those funds will be available if i get the job. Again it seems a wait and see. db

Lapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
I didn’t look too close but the gas station in Jamestown has a cash machine looking thing that seems to be a kiosk to buy Bitcoin. Is that actually a thing? Like I said, I didn’t stop to look too close.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bitcoin is a spooky one... In a society with central banks that digitally print money to prop up financial assets it isn’t a wonder that the underground economy had a super genius come up with Bitcoin to move money around without the IRS, federal reserve , and the treasury being able to track it efficiently. The question is how much power will the one with the most Bitcoin be able to wield????

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 104
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75