Pheasants for the Future Banquet

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
If all done with banquettes for the year. I only made it to one this year but spent enough to buy another Montana elk tag.

fnznfwl

Founding Member
Founding Member
I used to go but its gotten too big and stale. There are much better banquets to spend my $$ at in town now.

all4eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
So what is everyone's opinion of this year's banquet? Seemed attendance was down.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
I thought attendance was down also. It didn't improve my chances of wining anything though!:mad:;:;rant The food wasn't the best either this year compared to other years.;:;barf

all4eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'll agree on the food, and they ran out towards the end. Had some guys at our table not real happy about that. Seems prize quality has dropped over the years. I enjoy the banquet but not sure I'll be able to get my wife to attend again.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hey guys, just letting you know this years banquet is this Friday night.

onpoint!

Established Member
i'm donating to the cause again this year; another $100 for a fish fillet sandwich cuz i don't win squat. maybe i'll stay late enough for the auction, depending on the lineup i might have to add a chunk to my banquet fund - i usually bail before that starts.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Speaking of pheasant banquets, the Pheasants for the Future banquet is tomorrow night at the state fair center in Minot. Be there or be square ! :;:howdy

roosterfish

★★★ Legendary Member
not real sure about this org,??? if sb3215bs goes down so will this org.?? need to plant more birds if not!! south dakota releases birds by the thousands!!!!

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
roosterfish, they have a table there that YOU can buy as many chicks as you want to raise and release them yourself. Or are you "that guy" that wants someone else to do it for you? This is the organizations 37th year. They must be doing something right to be around that long. They do a lot with the youth hunters in the area.

I pulled this from a news article.
Pheasants for the Future held their free youth hunt just south of Minot. This event has been going on for a couple decades.

Around 30 young hunters learned proper gun safety and hunting tips. The organization promotes building pheasant habitats to get numbers up to ensure a future for the sport and four legged friends helped out.

"Everyone has a dog. They go with us and flush the birds," said Garrett Hanson of Glenburn.
"Just to get the youth exposed and show them what we're trying to do for everybody," said Ben Goodman, youth director. "We're trying to get a habitat to get these birds growing again in North Dakota. And keep raising the numbers here so it's good to see these kids come out and learn how to hunt."
For more information about the Pheasant for the Future organization, visit: www.pftf.org

As for if this sb3215bs passes, if you do raise your own birds, you wont have to worry about finding land to hunt on as you will already have your own birds in the cage to just walk into and catch with a net.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
not real sure about this org,??? if sb3215bs goes down so will this org.?? need to plant more birds if not!! south dakota releases birds by the thousands!!!!
PFTF is a good organization and does a lot of good for the cause of hunting. They may need to focus more on using funds to open up access for their members if SB2815 passes. Too bad they cannot buy their own land.....

I know members of the hunting organizations are not too happy with this proposed law. It is kind of hard to come out for or against this law because you damage relations on either side.

roosterfish

★★★ Legendary Member
settle down tikka!! I BUY and release birds on MY land and 4 other spots that i hunt every year for the last 5 years. I never said they are a bad organization, i have spent my fair share on tickets, i just question SOME of there decision making and why they need millions of dollars in there bank account?? spend it thats why most people give isn't it??

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
A lot of valid points in that video. Shooting pen raised birds isn't hunting, and gives real hunters a bad rep!

onpoint!

Established Member
i went again, and donated another chunk of cash to the cause - momma had a wisecrack about the pocketful of raffle tickets in my shirt. i thought the food was OK, pulled-pork and fish (imo the fish tasted good). looked like attendance was down even more than last year, but i didn't hang out for the main auction so don't know how they did on fundraising. i like what the club tries to do for youth hunting, but i strongly believe that for most of us, hunting access will dwindle to everyone but the landowner and the rich (especially where both are the same folk).

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
A lot of valid points in that video. Shooting pen raised birds isn't hunting, and gives real hunters a bad rep!
Shooting farmed birds is more for the dogs than for the shooters. I call it dog training not necessarily hunting.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74