Spinners

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
SPIN.png

- - - Updated - - -

I dont order online --- I just make my stop at wades (dakota tackle) --- heavy bottom bouncers and everthing for spinners. Try some his home made pre-tied stuff he has just come in the door and take a left. Its priced right and painted up with some neat stuff.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
i've gotten into BBs and spinners too the last few years. color matters sometimes. but, a lot of the time its keeping the bait at the bottom and spinning. my BBs are pretty heavy and if i am under 15 feet, i am moving at least 1.5 mph. usually 1.8 into the wind and 2+ with it. unless i am deeper. then a fella almost has to slow down or its tough to keep the bait in front of their walleyeballs.

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
I want to learn how to BB so bad. I honestly need to apprentice under a seasoned BBer. I've had nothing but tangles and frustration with them.

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
I want to learn how to BB so bad. I honestly need to apprentice under a seasoned BBer. I've had nothing but tangles and frustration with them.

watch some youtube man. its literally the easiest way to put walleyes in the boat

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
except vertical jigging in the same place. but, its a close 2nd. and duckslayer is onto something. unless you know what structure you are trolling over on devils lake, it can be a frustrating endeavor cause of all of the trees and snags in places. if you are inside the old shoreline, you best know what is below you and pay close attention to your electronics or you will spend all day pulling spinners from objects.

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
watch some youtube man. its literally the easiest way to put walleyes in the boat

I HAVE! That's the problem. I'm pretty sure I've Googled or Youtubed more ways to BB than most folks consider healthy. Yet every time I go out, bar none, I wind up with a freaking mess. Or I'm spending so much time monkeying with my depth settings I get frustrated and go back to running a plain sinker and snell. I've never, not once, found a place of consistent depth where I could just set my rods in a rod holder and go until a fish hit. I think I might just be fishing the wrong lakes.

- - - Updated - - -

we can't be friends any more

That makes my face sad :(

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'd like to do this as well. I just ordered a couple hundred hammered silver colorado's. What did it cost yu to get setup for powder coating?
don't recall for sure but I bought the pump on ebay for about $10 I think and then the pvc union cost probaby 15. So I'd say no more than $30.

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
I HAVE! That's the problem. I'm pretty sure I've Googled or Youtubed more ways to BB than most folks consider healthy. Yet every time I go out, bar none, I wind up with a freaking mess. Or I'm spending so much time monkeying with my depth settings I get frustrated and go back to running a plain sinker and snell. I've never, not once, found a place of consistent depth where I could just set my rods in a rod holder and go until a fish hit. I think I might just be fishing the wrong lakes.

- - - Updated - - -

That makes my face sad :(

let out and reeling in some line as depth changes is a given.

1. let out line until on bottom
2. let out a tish more line so that you are at no more than a 45 degree angle below the boat (the more vertical you stay the less snags)
3. periodically lift rod tip and set back down on bottom to make sure you are where you want to be (within a few inches of bottom)
4. Its a bottom bouncer - not a bottom dragger

"I said I never had much use for one. Never said I didn't know how to use it." (Matthew Quigley)

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Eye, if you're going to airbrush them, blades have to be dipped in a urethane. Epoxy doesn't like sharp edges. I hate moisture cured urethane so I won't paint blades.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
unnamed.jpg Spinner Blade Boxes i have been working on, i did some changes to one i found online.

I've seen these before. Look pretty simple to make.

- - - Updated - - -

I want some of them spinner blades though. I don't even use them that much, but I can appreciate a custom painted fishing item.

Big Tiller

Founding Member
Founding Member
Simple to make but lots of holes and rivets!! Most of my blades come from Walleye Supply.Com and the rest come from my wife finding them in different stores we travel to!!

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
let out and reeling in some line as depth changes is a given.

1. let out line until on bottom
2. let out a tish more line so that you are at no more than a 45 degree angle below the boat (the more vertical you stay the less snags)
3. periodically lift rod tip and set back down on bottom to make sure you are where you want to be (within a few inches of bottom)
4. Its a bottom bouncer - not a bottom dragger

"I said I never had much use for one. Never said I didn't know how to use it." (Matthew Quigley)

I'm not sure I can actually tell when BB is bouncing as it should and not dragging on the bottom. That's fisherman error, I know.

My deal is, you let it drag long enough, and pretty soon it's laying flat on it's side and mucking up the whole works.

Basically...it's impossible to run BBs on drop-offs, right? Or humps?

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm not sure I can actually tell when BB is bouncing as it should and not dragging on the bottom. That's fisherman error, I know.

My deal is, you let it drag long enough, and pretty soon it's laying flat on it's side and mucking up the whole works.

Basically...it's impossible to run BBs on drop-offs, right? Or humps?

yea, you're hopeless

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 169
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79