Spinners

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
Anyone have a preference in spinner blades? I avoid dull/faded colors like the black plague. Shiny! Shiny! Shiny! Last year I went heavy with gold, silver, and brass. Had a solid year, so i will tie up a bunch more of those. usually tie a pile of perch colors as well.

Anyone have favorite brands? Size?

I tie most up with in the 4' - 5' range.

I, myself, do more jigging and pulling cranks, but I am not too proud to pull spinners. If the family is with, it is generally the best setup for the kiddos.

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
I really should sack up and buy some bottom bouncers and spinner stuff. I have a very small hodgepodge of spinner blades and not a single BB. I feel dumb bumming off friends when it is necesary to drag them around. lol. I'm weird

ItemB

Founding Member
Founding Member
Blade with some sort of pink on it or all pink.
What type of line you using now a days to tie spinners, have been using Berkeley vanish.

pointer

Founding Member
Founding Member
always tie my own, least favorite way to fish but hate to admit it works, when the boys were young they painted their own trying to find THE perfect combo. I still would rather jig or crank

SlamminSalmon

Honored Member
I've got 130 of them tied up for the year so far. Have a plano 3600 I believe with multiple colors of blades but pinks and oranges dominate the box. I tie them anywhere from 3 ft to about 8 ft long. Longer seem to work better on clear calm days. I also run 1 1/2 Oz or heavier bottom bouncers like to stay vertical.

Tikka280ai

Founding Member
Founding Member
I prefer the northland baitfish blades. also use hammered brass and nickle blades as well as some orange white and pink striped patterns too.I also bought some plain silver ones and some glittery/sparkly lure decoration tape to try out.

On a side note does anybody ever tie spinners with treble hooks?
If so does it increase hookup rate.
I was thinking that it would be kinda a self hooking setup like pulling cranks.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
devils lake small gold colaradoes :) ----- sak as big of blade as you can; smile blades wedding ringers all that western walleye stuff.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I like large blades, even on the Debil.

Traxion

Founding Member
Founding Member
Silver, brass, purple, green, and chartreuse. I have too many colors as I have seen a color totally dominate a day. I keep them short when I tie them, 36" max. Seem to get more snags when I went longer. Big beads and blades too.

Oh and I really like willow leaf blades too, especially for higher speed applications.

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
s-l500.jpg

Anyone ever try double clevis? 2 spinner blades.

Tikka280ai

Founding Member
Founding Member
2017-11-17 16.45.57.jpg

Anyone ever try double clevis? 2 spinner blades.
I tried a couple last year. I spaced 2 separate clevis with a couple beads. I used a small hammered nickle blade infront of a bigger hammered brass blade and out fished everybody 3 to 1 one day and the next day never had and bite

Last edited:

berty

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ugly cloudy days I've outfished friends with a black blade with either white or orange through it. Never believed in dark until a friend whooped my butt one day. Always have some on hand for those cloudy days. Also i always use the clip on spinner deals so i don't have to tie as many. Just change out blades when somethings not working and have a couple standard bead combos i go by.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ugly cloudy days I've outfished friends with a black blade with either white or orange through it. Never believed in dark until a friend whooped my butt one day. Always have some on hand for those cloudy days. Also i always use the clip on spinner deals so i don't have to tie as many. Just change out blades when somethings not working and have a couple standard bead combos i go by.
Shhh

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
The Skegosaurus is not compatible with spinners by the way. Because they are the devil's tackle.

- - - Updated - - -

I really should sack up and buy some bottom bouncers and spinner stuff. I have a very small hodgepodge of spinner blades and not a single BB. I feel dumb bumming off friends when it is necesary to drag them around. lol. I'm weird

NO. If they force you to BB they should supply BBs.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
The Skegosaurus is not compatible with spinners by the way. Because they are the devil's tackle.

- - - Updated - - -

NO. If they force you to BB they should supply BBs.
You act like trolling bottom bouncers in 11 FOW @ 0.8-1.2 mph all day long isn't fun. Welcome to my childhood. I didn't even know what a jig or a crankbait was until I was in high school (kidding).

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ha ha! I had an Uncle or two in the 70s who showed me how to drag BBs in the hot sun for 8 hours with no fish. Maybe that influenced my attitude?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 169
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 77