Spinners

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
I tie my own with 10lb floro, generally gold/green/orange, but will mix it up with other colors if no bites. One thing I used to do is use the quick change clevis...but switched back to regular last year....I found on days when I need to pull slower, like less than 1mph, the regular clevis spins much better than the quick change...the quick change take more speed to get a good consistent spin. So, I just tie a bunch of different colors and switch out the whole rig when I want to change.

I do the same. Had same issue.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I run 1oz to 2oz bouncers pretty much all the time depending on the depth. Have yet to catch a sak eye with anything bigger than a #4 blade. use #3's pretty much all the time.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
powder paint and I used to use an air brush with enamel but air brush went tits up. will be getting another one.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
You act like trolling bottom bouncers in 11 FOW @ 0.8-1.2 mph all day long isn't fun. Welcome to my childhood. I didn't even know what a jig or a crankbait was until I was in high school (kidding).

LOL my childhood from 3rd to HS grades. On our pontoon, I would holder my rod like crank baiting and jump in and play to stay cool. Damn we caught fish though. Limit was 8 and would consistently limit with 4-8 people.

Walleyeman16

Personally, here is my list of rigs based on conditions
-Sunny-1/2 oz. BB, with a 2-foot spinner. I tie the know connecting to the BB. After that, 1 big red bead, then a medium-sized daredevil pattern colorado blade, then 4 more big red beads. Then, I use a size 1/0 bait hook. Outfishes gpaw and gmaw almost every time.
-Cloudy-I use a 2-foot spinner. I have a big black bead, then a giant Northland grey blue baitfish blade, then 4 orange beads bellow, and then a 1/0 bait hook.
-Another couple combos I like, for sunny days, are hammered silver willow and blue beads, hammered brass and hammered gold with orange beads.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm going to buy an air brush this winter and start painting some blades. I've bought hammered silver blades off ebay for cheap as hell. 500 at a time though to get that price. Then powder coat. But am going to play with air brush too.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm going to buy an air brush this winter and start painting some blades. I've bought hammered silver blades off ebay for cheap as hell. 500 at a time though to get that price. Then powder coat. But am going to play with air brush too.
They sell an aerosol kbs clear now. I built some racks to paint spoons this year. Super simple and work really well.
B70B49CC-6E94-4B8F-ABEA-B283AB5E5380.jpg

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Childhood:. Grape salt inpregnated Texas rigged woooorrrmmms and an old diawa millionaire that was heavy rigged with green white dacron

- - - Updated - - -

I like the spinner selection Dakota tackle homemade ones

all4eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I like bbs heavier and am not afraid to pull them up to 2 mph. Colors vary but they will put fish in the boat. Don't think I've pulled a crank in 2 years,

thriller1

Founding Member
Founding Member
I fish Ashtabula ALOT. Works when you find the eyes but the rest of the time your messing with bullheads.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 167
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76