Dont buy Lund boats or from Vallely Marine

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Your point is??

Maybe I missed the point, but a picture of a Ranger with a caption saying "If it would of been a ranger it would of made it" makes me wonder if the person who wrote the caption recognized what kind of boat was in the pic.

martinslanding

Founding Member
Founding Member
So all the pissing and moaning aside, believe there are multiple issues going on (giving riverfisher the benefit of the doubt) … scratches self inflicted … rivets maybe trailer or maybe defect … most likely user error … the paint peeling chipping and transom leak are one of two things…heavy or repeated impact or factory defect. The hiccup is there isn’t enough tequila in the world to convince a factory rep that it’s a warranty issue when your boat is as beat up as it is…even if river’s story is 100% accurate there is no way to prove factory defect with the user damage on top of it…tough deal…my recommendation is to JB weld then drive it over to Wisconsin and sell it … your welcome

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
This seems like a good thread to bring up something most people don't know about. The lower end Lunds (Rebel, fury, Impact) have thinner hulls than the upper end models. If your going to beat the shit out of your boat and pound big waves these boats probably wont last. Granted i don't think a Sherman tank would stand up to riverfibbers abuse, but if you are hard on boats get an Alaskan or something similar for the river.

Last edited:

sdwxman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Good stuff. Learned some things.

And Shorty is still out to lunch with his incoherent posts.

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member
This was an eye opener for me. Never understood what people meant when they said that a glass boat would not be durable enough for them. I got it now.

riverfibber - that is funny right there.

EZZIE

Founding Member
Founding Member
Short you must be Rivers brother, ahh that boat model wasn't built till 04 or 05, I'm guessing you were still there right....

- - - Updated - - -

Ruffled some feathers. 1997 highway 57 bridge. Aluminum no issues hit guard rail and squatted the highway flat once in the middle. Wind out of west 25. Seemed like forty. You waited for your set most boats made cept one his fiberglass hull took a shot all the way down the middle. We did not drift back over to save him.

- - - Updated - - -

Garage Kennel.jpg. If it would of been a ranger it would of made it

Ruffle ruffle

bigv

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think one key factor is that I know and see many people who simply don't know how to run a boat. Or, like someone else says, daddy paid for it so they treat it like sh!t. I occasionally beach my boat to let kids out to swim or whatever. I find the sandiest spot I can and basically slowly drift in..almost hovering until it touches. I also don't ever go full throttle ever, especially in rough waters. I know guys that when they beach it they just find the shore, hammer throttle then lay off 15 ft from shore. Boat flies right up on bank with no idea what was under. I also know guys that when it's time to move, they turn boat on and flatten throttle and go to new spot. Some guys don't don't know how to run boats and take care of them. I am never in a hurry...Some learn the hard way.
This looks like the case.

gonefshn

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've had quite a few Lunds over the past 30 years. I've had a console crack and had one a few years back that had some leaking rivets. Both times my dealer set everything up for me and Lund took care of the issues. The one time the guys at the factory even added a few of the new year's models options to it for me for nothing. They've always been great for me. But if I were them and a boat came in leaking and it had scratches and looked fairly worn I too would have trouble considering it a warranty vs use issue.

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
As an inexperienced boater (3 Years), I have already learned from reading posts on NDA along with talking to the guys in my fishing circle...fishing the river takes experience and knowledge...and sobriety probably doesn't hurt-I would never consider taking my boat out on the river unless I had spent a lot of time on someone else's boat that had taught me currents and local issues...seems like the river changes every year...nothing to take lightly...from what I read...just my take!

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
ndfinfan,

It really isn't that bad. So long as you are fishing mostly the Bismarck area, there aren't that many rocks to worry about. Lots of sand though, and a few spots where there are deadheads. So long as you go slow and learn, you will be fine.

I call it driving by braille as I relearn the river every spring.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
ndfinfan,

It really isn't that bad. So long as you are fishing mostly the Bismarck area, there aren't that many rocks to worry about. Lots of sand though, and a few spots where there are deadheads. So long as you go slow and learn, you will be fine.

I polish up the skeg and prop every year too. I've also found out that you need to withhold about $160 to swap out your impeller every year.

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
ndfinfan,

Understand Allen...so with that being said, anytime you need another body on your boat to river fish...hit me up...I might learn something!

You

Founding Member
Founding Member
I too was here!

(rivrfibr - strongly recommend you don't turn this into your insurance. you're in the wrong, clearly, and after unjustifiably torching vallely, i'd FULLY expect them to call 1-800-TEL-NICB in a few months to suggest they look into any boat claims coming from you. it's the least they can do at this point really.......)

701FishSlayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Should buff right out no? Flexseal er and run er wide open down the tailrace blindfolded again.

ndlongshot

Founding Member
Founding Member
Gosh dang this group knows how to dog pile....I love it. Its like 6th grade all over again.:;:imwithstupid

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Here is 101 in what boats look like Lund boats that is when u drop em off the trailer. . By the way it's gorgeous out here give another busch

- - - Updated - - -

Pay close attention to the scars hello

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 101
  • This month: 99
  • This month: 90
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74