Dont buy Lund boats or from Vallely Marine

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've always wondered what does one do if you were to drop your boat on the ramp? How the hell do you go about getting it back on the trailer? Serious question.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
If you got a roller trailer you should be able to winch it back on, or if its a busy ramp 10 guys will pick it up and put it back on trailer for you. Then just go to back of line.

sweeney

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've seen smaller boats picked up and winched on and watched other guys put boards down and slide it into the water, and last but not least seen a guy hook onto another boat and drag it into the water right on the concrete.

ElkHunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've always wondered what does one do if you were to drop your boat on the ramp? How the hell do you go about getting it back on the trailer? Serious question.

We saw a guy lose his 17' fiberglass Yarcraft off the trailer at the Tailrace years ago. He unhooked everything but had a 50' rope tied to it so he could just float it off the trailer and tie it up. It slid off the trailer/bunks as he backed down the ramp. It slid down the ramp right on past me as I was headed down to our boat. It came to a sudden stop once it hit the end of the 50' rope. We had him back his trailer up tight to the nose and hook up the strap. He cranked and two of us pushed on the back of the boat and got it back up on the trailer for him.
It really didn't do much damage to the boat, just scratched it up a little and broke his transducer. Riverfibbers boat looks like he jumped a rock jetty in Bismarck.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
If it's close to the water u push it in. Been their not my boat at it dented but no leaks.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
I saw an Alumacraft that leaked and had a bunch of rivets missing. Also, his Etec blew up.

risingsun

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have helped 2 different times when waiting at the ramp. What we did was hook up the strap to the boat, backed the trailer up to it. Slowly winched it on as backing up the trailer. Went very smooth and easy. Only damage to either was basically a couple scratches and one had a chunk broke off the skag but nothing major. Just 2 very upset with themselves, experienced fisherman, admittedly just had brain farts.

Wild and Free

Founding Member
Founding Member
Now I understand the whole story, had to fill in all the gaps myself lol....

https://www.runthatdog.com/

18033347_1517018611676661_2190571349032493344_n.jpg

Last edited:

RustyTackleBox

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've been trying to tell everyone that lunds are a wet boat... guess this is a new level of wet

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well i am 5 mojtos deep and understand exactly what drunk shorty was saying. If I tried to explain it to sober people you would not get it.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm not sure I'd ever put good money into a Lund. I grew up hearing about the Leaky Lund. Heard they're all better now, but after today I'm not so sure. A newer looking Lund pulled up beside us today and it was running its bilge pump. We were jigging under Bver bay bridge so we were pretty close for a while. We took off pulling cranks, and came back an hour later, or more, and it was still running! Unless its pumping out live/bait wells IDK? It was coming out the back left side of boat.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm not sure I'd ever put good money into a Lund. I grew up hearing about the Leaky Lund. Heard they're all better now, but after today I'm not so sure. A newer looking Lund pulled up beside us today and it was running its bilge pump. We were jigging under Bver bay bridge so we were pretty close for a while. We took off pulling cranks, and came back an hour later, or more, and it was still running! Unless its pumping out live/bait wells IDK? It was coming out the back left side of boat.

Livewell overflow.

Wildyote

★★★★★ Legendary Member

That's interesting. I had a 18ft lund fisherman for 16 years and used it probably 50 times each year. The only time it leaked was when I forgot to put the plug in or when I would take splash over transom. It was a good boat and sold it in 2015 for what I paid for it in 1999. I bought a 186 Lund fiberglass pro v and really like it.

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
I haven't learned anything. I have a 93 pro V with a 135. If it's not wot I'm running the kicker or the electric. Like someone recommended against I get close to the beach and punch it to get it on shore. Middle of summer when the fishing sucks on the river I'm hitting waves getting that sob out of the water. My billage hose rotted out a year or two ago. No need to fix it. Any water I get is from my live wells leaking. My boat has been abused over and over again. That's why I love it. It doesn't look half as bad as riverfishers. Either Lund is now putting out a shitty product or that boat has seen way to many Bush lights!

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
This thread is amazing. First everybody was ready to stone the dealer. Then everybody stones river then they throw a couple stones at me and then it does a 180 back on the side of river. Meanwhile river doesn't say a gd word.

I do have to make a comment. What kind of fk nut company would paint the bottom of the boat black with no clear coat. I bet it churns some retired Lund employee who looks at em and says why

Hookin8easy

Founding Member
Founding Member
The one thing I learned from all this is...riverfisher asks ya to go boating you best be wearing a lifejacket

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 116
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 69