Dont buy Lund boats or from Vallely Marine

riverfisher

Founding Member
Founding Member
i spoke to lund directly today and they had pictures said that it wasnt there problem.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well social media is now your friend post and raise hell get some ones attention be it valley or Lund. Raise Holly hell on Facebook, Instagram and all forums you can. Other wise you just got a big dick broke off in your ass.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
i spoke to lund directly today and they had pictures said that it wasnt there problem.
Yeah that's pretty shitty, I thought the hulls were lifetime to original owner. I mean it looks like the bottom of the hull has separated from the transom? I'd be raising holy hell with Lund and Vallely. There is a time to be nice and a time to go batshit crazy. If this wasn't caused by anything you did then it might be batshit crazy time.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Amen dirty kurty absolutely there is nothing worse then a company not standing by it's product. A boat that is 3 years old should still have a manufatures warranty

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member

- - - Updated - - -

I'm sorry but that shouldn't matter 2002 from when he bought it to 2014 when you bought yours. I would defiantly do a video and send it to lund and your insurance company becuase even if you say it from fishing show them other people's complaints they should cover that.

So if I go read reports on there from five months earlier on reviews of the observation deck at the world Trade Center they are still valid about what's there now? Good God that's 15 years ago shit changes and so do businesses. Lund wasn't in a knife fight losing remotely the market share with Ranger as they are now.

Last edited:

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
So if I go read reports on there from five months earlier on reviews of the observation deck at the world Trade Center they are still valid about what's there now? Good God that's 15 years ago shit changes and so do businesses. Lund wasn't in a knife fight losing remotely the market share with Ranger as they are now.

Dean it was posted about a company standing by, just like others that posted, lund stands by thier hulls for the life of the original owner. So regardless if it was 2002 new or 2014 new this is a law suit of defective product.

BRK

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Keep riding their ass..... all of their asses!

I have actually had good experiences with them until this fall. I had some hail damage to the paneling of my Bennington. Dropped it off in NOV once the parts came in and I literally didn't hear from them until I came into the store three weeks ago. He said, "yeah, ah, i looked it over after the install and found the panels were dented so we had to re-order some new ones again. Should be done in a week." Well here we are three weeks later and NOTHING. Bunch of shit. I'll be selling my pontoon and telling their service to stick it up there ass on my way out of there. Dropped my beautiful pontoon off to bear the winter without being winterized cuz it sat in their yard all damn winter long while they had nothing better to do than NOT work on it. Yes i could have called periodically to check up on it, but it's also their job to keep the customer informed.

Sorry for the profanity, but it only takes one shitty experience.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member

Wildyote

★★★★★ Legendary Member
If you are looking for a Lund buy through Dakota Sports in Dickinson. I bought one through them a few years ago and they are great to work with. Randy doesn't sell more boats than he can get serviced/rigged and on the water in the spring.

I would contact Lund and you probably will have to take the boat there or they might have a shop they work with around here to work on it.

Last edited:

riverfisher

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you are looking for a Lund buy through Dakota Sports in Dickinson. I bought one through them a few years ago and they are great to work with. Randy doesn't sell more boats than he can get serviced/rigged and on the water in the spring.

I would contact Lund and you probably will have to take the boat there or they might have a shop they work with around here to work on it.
vallely told me to contact them. i did contact them today and they told me not to even bother bringing it over there they wont warranty it.

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
Surprised by the response your getting from Lund. The response from the boat dealers really doesn't surprise me much. Seems to be the norm in Bis/Man with boat dealers. Rivercity I guess I haven't heard anything bad about.

Wildyote

★★★★★ Legendary Member
vallely told me to contact them. i did contact them today and they told me not to even bother bringing it over there they wont warranty it.

Sorry, I didn't read all the posts. Did Lund say that you did the damage? you should not have to fight to get warranty. That is one hell of a leak. I had lund aluminum 18 ft fisherman never leaked the 16 years. If you did anything to make it leak that bad there would be one hell of a dent. The problem getting a lawyer is that it will cost you more than it will to fix the boat.

Fox Island Outfitter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I bought my Lund from Randy and have loved it. Looked at Vallely in Bismarck to start and their sales team was unbelievably horrible. Didn't even consider trying to get close to the price Randy quoted me and basically told me to F off if I bought it anywhere else and wanted to bring it in for service. Haven't stepped foot in there again. Rivercity has been great to work with for my maintenance on my Merc and don't give a crap that it's a boat I didn't buy from them.

Cant help on the damage, my 2013 hasn't had a lick of problems. Just wanted to point out Vallely sucks. Good luck and I'd keep after Lund!

Wild and Free

Founding Member
Founding Member
yea, had a very poor experience with Valley in Bismarck over 4-5 years ago and see it hasn't changed. I replaced a powerhead on a Mariner 125 and went there and asked them to time and tune it and that I would pay for it. The exact words from the service counter why would we do anything for you, you didn't have us put the powerhead on here. I had done it myself and was looking for the time and tune and that was there response. Have never set foot in that place since that day and will bad talk them every chance I get. Worst service response I have ever gotten in my life. Would not spend a penny in there even if it meant never fishing again. dukgnfsn

Yeah the service writer they had several years ago was a dick. They have a guy that's been there about 2-3 years now that is really nice and easy to deal with. The prior guy I see went to work at the parts counter at Moritz.

MSA

Founding Member
Founding Member
Shit! Warranty or not, i could walk into the minot Vallely store dressed up like Mike Iaconelli with a fist full of thousand dollar bills and 3 camera men following me, and the employees would still hide from me like I was a liberal vegan looking to share my alternative lifestyle with strangers.

Fisherman25

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah I quit buying Yamaha because of Vallely. Fortunately they longer have Yamaha in Minot. Moritz....that's another bunch of ass bags. The arrogance of those two dealerships are incredible. I just don't understand how they keep business.

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
Honestly, the only boat dealership I trust is Kovash in Moorhead. And even them I have to cock an eyebrow once and awhile. But they're way less shady than most of the other dealers I've been to.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
put your thread on walleye central show all pics a 2014 boat should not leak

lund=overated

my tracker didnt leak till it was 10 yrs old

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
ask lund for a written explanation of why they would not cover it... ask your insurance company for the same... with said letters is in hand, tell them you have booth space rented at all local spring boat shows with copies of the letters, along with the boat for reference... if 1 doesn't cover it, the other should... sadly, the dealer prolly has no culpability in this...

i hate being a richard, but can be drawn into it if needed...

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 118
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 96
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 69