Dont buy Lund boats or from Vallely Marine

dragoneyes

Honored Member
Riverfisher sorry to hear about your situation. I have a suggestion, post a thread on Walleye Central .com and let the member of this web site help you out , to direct you in what direction to proceed with. You will find some of them have prior experience with dealing with lund also, they lund was known to frequent this web site along with dealers and former dealers. Worth a shot nothing to loss. Some Angler by the name of Rew is very knowledgeable sure he will chime in when you start slamming lund on there warranty. Good Luck.Just my 2 cents.

walleyeman_1875

★★★ Legendary Member
A few comments:

1. I bought my boat out of state. I've taken it to Vallely Marine for a winter service over the past three years and no complaints. I've also had three seat warranties on my Lund and Vallely has ordered new ones through Lund and exchanged them no questions asked other than proof of original ownership. Vallely is correct in directing you to Lund. They are the ones who provide the warranty, not the dealership. It would be nice for them to try help a bit though.

2. My old 1900 definitely saw it's years of abuse. The boat was a 2001. The rear platform started to rot in 2009 or so. I called up Lund. They said since I wasn't original Owner there was no coverage. They did say if I was willing to pay for material, they would provide the labor at no charge. Lund took it upon themselves to replace the entire floor. Done deal, no complaints.

3. Same 1900 had a leak issue around 2012. Had insurance adjuster do an inspection. He said it was cheaper for insurance pay to fix the issue now rather than pay for a new boat if this one were to sink. It's always worth a call to you insurance provider if Lund isn't willing to cover the issue.

Lund is a blue-collar person's boat. Things don't always come easy but persistence will pay off on getting this remedied. Too bad to hear about your experience.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...1bhwzZUjJOwFEUlFA&sig2=yVeSjr0TPE67NhHrq64q-Q
Read this Dean this right here

- - - Updated - - -

Kill with kindness and dont except no for an answer persistence and I can't see why valley needs to honor the lund warranty unless you get a local shop warranty, no this is all lunds fault. I
Did you seriously just quote yourself in the same post you quoted? that's gotta be a first! Now you should go read the list and note the words at lunds sole discretion being the key words in every warranty. Clearly not standing by this one so far!

all4eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Had a lot of issues with vallely in years past on some service work. Wanted to over charge for service work, double nd then some what I was quoted, haven't been back. As far as Lund not standing behind there boat, post on walleyecentral.com. it will be addressed and taken care of. I have had issue with Brunswick marine, and they will help you out just be persistent.

huffranger

Founding Member
Founding Member
That there is the reason I drove to Madison Wisconsin to get my Ranger from Mazanet Marina. Because our local ranger dealer is horrible.

Sorry to hear about your issues OP, Call Al, Ron or James Linder. Them boys have stroke with Lund, or Ted Takasaki.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
The entirety of Brunswick's Marine division has dogshit customer service.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lunds have also had serious transom issues so I would be inspecting that as well. Post some clear pictures of the bottom. Some that show there has been no impact damage. Anybody with a piss ant sized brain should be able to look at the boat personally and see that it wasn't impacted with something if it wasn't. To do that from an impact would be painfully obvious.

pluckem

Founding Member
Founding Member
A few comments:

1. I bought my boat out of state. I've taken it to Vallely Marine for a winter service over the past three years and no complaints. I've also had three seat warranties on my Lund and Vallely has ordered new ones through Lund and exchanged them no questions asked other than proof of original ownership. Vallely is correct in directing you to Lund. They are the ones who provide the warranty, not the dealership. It would be nice for them to try help a bit though.

What is the point of a boat dealer if this isn't something they should get involved with?

westwolfone

Founding Member
Founding Member
What is the point of a boat dealer if this isn't something they should get involved with?

No kidding. The whole thing is a scam. The price of a decent used boat is so high it about forces a person to buy new and then
you hear stories like this all the time.

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
That definitely appears to be a manufacturers defect. I'd be on Lund's ass to fix it or replace it and if not they would be hearing from my attorney.

ndskeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
And all these stories about Vallely is the reason I buy my skeeters from Skeeter Boat Center/Warrior Boat Center in Ramsey, MN. After the 2nd season on my 2011 Skeeter I noticed some cracking in the gel coat. I made one call to my dealer and at the end of the season they came and picked up my boat and sent it to Skeeter. In the spring I went back to my dealer and picked it up and it was brand new again. I sold that boat in the spring of 2014 and bought another Skeeter through them. Their service and devotion to their customers both before and after the sale is 2nd to no one.

I had an issue with one of my seats which would have been warranty and Vallely refused to help me when I didn't buy it through them. Their attitude towards me was completely disrespectful and I refuse to ever deal with them again. All the complaints that Corporate Skeeter received about them is one of the reasons they lost the deal with them.

fnznfwl

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you are looking for a Lund buy through Dakota Sports in Dickinson. I bought one through them a few years ago and they are great to work with. Randy doesn't sell more boats than he can get serviced/rigged and on the water in the spring.

I would contact Lund and you probably will have to take the boat there or they might have a shop they work with around here to work on it.

You mean if he could sell 20 more boats a year he'd say no? yeah right.

- - - Updated - - -

Not saying there is or isnt a factory defect. But looking at those pics, I'm guessing that boat has been rode hard and put away wet. Literally.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Are you sure you didn't hit something? My dad smoked a rock pile in the state park last year, leaving a pretty sizeable dent in the transom, and it didn't leak a single drop.

*This was on a 2004 Lund Fisherman 1700.

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
Didn't the other site get their knickers in a pinch if a thread bashing Vallely's showed up? Hope you guys are not causing Vollmer to get a visit from guys in black clothes with collapsible batons! Wager that post 87 is where pronghorn is referenced.

bigv

Founding Member
Founding Member
You know you're in a crap deal. The problem now days is that no one is trustworthy. Again...why I hate most people. Everyone is out for themselves, everyone blames others, no one takes responsibility, only look out for self etc. My old man always told me to look out for myself because no one else will. Well you are doing your best to do what is right-- finding right channels etc. In the end if no one steps up to assist then do what everyone else does. Call insurance, tell them you hit a big rock,let them fix it, then sell it.

Last edited:

cfsfan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Mr riverfisher. I'm sorry that you feel the way you do about us and this situation. As I said in our conversation that I'm not the one who says yes or no for warranty. That is on the manufacture as it is in all brands of boats. The last time that we had talked yesterday they wanted you to take the boat over to New York Mills to have it looked it to see if it is warranty or you hitting something. I do try and help as many people as I possibly can as like you I am a hunter and fisherman. Also since you wouldn't show everyone on here the real pictures of your hull and transom here they are. Yes it is your right to speak your opinion on things but I think before Vallelys name gets put under the microscope more the whole truth should be said.

fellas I know these boats are expensive and they are our pride and joy. I've tried staying off this forum since I saw it last night but I needed to show the truth.

Thank you for your time

Tim Walters
Vallely Sport and Marine
Bismarck ND 58504

IMG_2568.jpg
IMG_2569.jpg

IMG_2570.jpg

IMG_2571.jpg

IMG_2961.jpg

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Patiently awaiting riverfishers response.;:;popcorn

Pretty sad if he lied this bad about the situation.

bigv

Founding Member
Founding Member
I may need to retract last comment...ouch. Actually maybe not. Looks as though it has been grounded and/or hit stuff. So, just claim it on insurance and move on.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 116
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 73